Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
How would The Avengers know Chuck had anything to do with it? They'd blame Bolivar Trask and go after him or be mad enough to destroy all of the Sentinels in existence. And that would inadvertently play into Xavier's machinations too.

The only way they could pin it on Xavier is if they had their own telepath and The Avengers have always been too stupid to realize they really need to have a team telepath considering how many telepathic mutants are roaming the streets. They booted Moondragon out and haven't replaced that power set since.

With all the mystics they have at their disposal they could find out if he's been tampered with. Just like they would have found that Spock wasnt right if he didn't run.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I'm pretty sure you don't know what the term "cognitive dissonance" means based on this accusation. Hickman's materials themselves introduce the ambiguity I refer to (the timelines, the reference to war in both timelines) and I've been clear and consistent in my dislike for his endlessly deferred, mystery box-style of constructing narratives.
So you hate good writing got it. And it is cognitive dissonance. Unless you believe people should abuse their power just because they have it which ia basically what your argument for him "just being a mutant" boils down to but I was giving you the benefit of the doubt as being a somewhat "moral" person.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
You really think a Mavel comic were Xavier would do something like that would end up with him getting away with it? :dwillhuh:
Now you are talking about outside of the comic book universe.
Of course the writers would have to come up with some way to expose Xavier if this was a part of a comic book series but just keeping it to the "in-universe" message board discussion stuff...there is no reason The Avengers would look in Xavier's direction if Bolivar Trask's giant murder-bots killed Captain America and some innocent children.

You tell me how they would know to even suspect Xavier?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
With all the mystics they have at their disposal they could find out if he's been tampered with. Just like they would have found that Spock wasnt right if he didn't run.
How would magic pinpoint a telepathic suggestion?

Why would they even feel the need to put Trask through a mystic interrogation?

The Avengers have people on their own team who have created some sort of technology that ended up turning on them...when Ultron decided he wanted to eradicate all human life nobody called in Dr. Strange to zap Hank Pym with the Eye of Agamotto to make sure he wasn't forced to create one of the team's greatest enemies. Nobody called up Brother Voodoo so he could shake some chicken feet at Tony Stark the 800 times when his armor AI went rogue.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Brehs...thinking about HoX #2, what if Hickman makes Moira do something similar to what Molecule Man did in Secret Wars? Like, she discovers a way of lending her powers to other mutants via Xavier/Krakoa so every mutant that has come back to life has knowledge of their past lifes - plus Xavier could've messed with their minds telling them everything Moira knows - that's why they are getting out of those pods like :krs: :blessed: and have what seems to be different personalities to what we are used to?

:patrice:

Can't wait to be 100% wrong when PoX #2 comes out with new info/revealsd :russ:

Now you are talking about outside of the comic book universe.
Of course the writers would have to come up with some way to expose Xavier if this was a part of a comic book series but just keeping it to the "in-universe" message board discussion stuff...there is no reason The Avengers would look in Xavier's direction if Bolivar Trask's giant murder-bots killed Captain America and some innocent children.

You tell me how they would know to even suspect Xavier?

I'm not that versed in comics to come up with something that would make sense "in universe", but what I do know if whatever (or whoever) happens to suspect/discover/stop Xavier would be seen as bullshyt or an asspull by a good portion of the fanbase :heh:

Romell

Superstar
Daps
The place I picked up the first issues is completely sold out of HoX#2 :mjcry:

I didn't know they were moving like that these days.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
How would magic pinpoint a telepathic suggestion?

Why would they even feel the need to put Trask through a mystic interrogation?

The Avengers have people on their own team who have created some sort of technology that ended up turning on them...when Ultron decided he wanted to eradicate all human life nobody called in Dr. Strange to zap Hank Pym with the Eye of Agamotto to make sure he wasn't forced to create one of the team's greatest enemies. Nobody called up Brother Voodoo so he could shake some chicken feet at Tony Stark the 800 times when his armor AI went rogue.

mystics and psychics are often connected. other than another psychic, then a mystic would be the best way to find one.

cap and a bunch of kids didnt die in any of those scenarios. kids dying in civil war had stark sending agents to his friends houses at the crack of midnight, arresting his friends and sending teams of supervillains after them. trask being stauchly anti mutant to releasing the flutes on cap and some human kids? if you dont think theyll get to the very core of what the fukk happened, then i dont know what to tell you.but they will find out. and then hopefully charles would have the decency not to hide behind the xmen

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The place I picked up the first issues is completely sold out of HoX#2 :mjcry:

I didn't know they were moving like that these days.
My shop doesn't even have enough to put out on the shelves for the general public that shop there without pull lists. Everyone with a pull list apparently has this on theirs. I feel your pain but I can't stress how happy I am to see these books selling out

Romell

Superstar
Daps
My shop doesn't even have enough to put out on the shelves for the general public that shop there without pull lists. Everyone with a pull list apparently has this on theirs. I feel your pain but I can't stress how happy I am to see these books selling out
Oh yeah? I had shorty add me to their list for when they restock and the Power release next week.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
only physical copies i get now are variants.
i type them shyts in my notes, forward to Boobie like
this
this
this
*make sure you get a Skottie Young
backwoods and a carton of Newports.
lol

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island