Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we using spoiler tags for comics that come out on Wednesday now?

ok
house of x #2
is this the first time moria was reveled to be a mutant?

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Two things the Sixth life being omitted is really interesting..... part of me wonders if the 616 is the sixth life (or maybe the 11th) or does she just try to live a normal life and it still goes to hell......

Also it isn’t really said but for her to die permanently it means she dies before the age of 13 when her mutant gene kicks in. I honestly wonder if after failing this time she decides to off herself...... She really did spend most of her existence causing people to be hurt.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
we using spoiler tags for comics that come out on Wednesday now?

ok
house of x #2
is this the first time moria was reveled to be a mutant?

Yes, though a clue was she caught the legacy virus....... It was a big deal because Humans don’t get the legacy virus, which still is true. Though this doesn’t make sense cause that wasn’t mentioned in the 10th Moira’s timeline. That’s another sign this may not be the 616. Potentially we could be seeing a past life in in this story, or the future we’ve seen is the future of a past life.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, though a clue was she caught the legacy virus....... It was a big deal because Humans don’t get the legacy virus, which still is true. Though this doesn’t make sense cause that wasn’t mentioned in the 10th Moira’s timeline. That’s another sign this may not be the 616. Potentially we could be seeing a past life in in this story, or the future we’ve seen is the future of a past life.

ok thanks I have been out the game for a few years I was unsure.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Two things the Sixth life being omitted is really interesting..... part of me wonders if the 616 is the sixth life (or maybe the 11th) or does she just try to live a normal life and it still goes to hell......

Also it isn’t really said but for her to die permanently it means she dies before the age of 13 when her mutant gene kicks in. I honestly wonder if after failing this time she decides to off herself...... She really did spend most of her existence causing people to be hurt.

616 is life 10, says it at the end of the book on the timelines pages. Because life 10 leads into house of x. I'll repost what I think life 6 was about

About that 6th life
Considering lives 4-5 ended with sentinels genociding mutants. Life 6 must have been some seriously next level sentinel shyt. Because she goes after Trask's family asap in life 7. I'm thinking the reason life 6 is redacted, is because she probably had a hand in sentinel creation in this life.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I know but back a 1000 pages once Wednesday hit it was fair game. also why are in the thread if you have not read the comic yet. but things change so I adapt.

Who said it was a fair game? You don't spoil movies on day one release. :dahell:

I'm in here because it's a comics thread; not a specific movie thread. It's not a thread titled Hickman's X-Men run.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Something else I forgot to mention about House of X #2 was this thing:

timeline.jpg

I'd say outright that Powers of X is looking into life 9, but then the scene with Moira in PoX #1/HoX #2 came from life 10. Also, given Hickman's precious data pages, all that has to be in life 10 UNLESS we're weaving in between lives 9 and 10...but that would undermine PoX's entire setup unless we're looking at Xavier looking at Moira's memories, but back to the data pages...

...yeah, this is a big ass mess right now. A pretty graph that only serves to make things more muddled because Hickman hasn't ever realized that Lost's mystery box-ass storytelling was terrible, manipulative bullshyt that JJ Abrams invented in lieu of writing a compelling narrative.

This thing is truly everything good and fukking terrible about Hickman's writing style (and other mainstream writers, to a lesser extent). It would be parody if I hadn't seen it in the issue myself.

...Don't worry @Jmare007, I'll get to the matches soon.

It said she became radicalized, radical people aren't the best thinkers. :yeshrug:

Anyhow Hickman is only on the third issue and got me intrigued:wow:.

Yeah Moira became radicalized, so she wasn't gonna make the best decisions going forward. But I'm not sure that whole political thing woulda worked out

If you have to use an untrue, politically denigrating blanket statement to cover for Hickman's decisions, then it's definitely bad writing.

AND it makes Moira look like even more of an idiot given how long lived Hickman makes her. You should be beyond the political mindset of your average 20-year-old who just read the basics on Che Guevara when you're on your seventh or eighth life.

Edit: I just realized that Moira's entire deal is just the plot of Primer, where the whole point of the main character's dealings with time travel is that they're children playing with forces far beyond their control. :russ:

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Something else I forgot to mention about House of X #2 was this thing:

timeline.jpg

I'd say outright that Powers of X is looking into life 9, but then the scene with Moira in PoX #1/HoX #2 came from life 10. Also, given Hickman's precious data pages, all that has to be in life 10 UNLESS we're weaving in between lives 9 and 10...but that would undermine PoX's entire setup unless we're looking at Xavier looking at Moira's memories, but back to the data pages...

...yeah, this is a big ass mess right now. A pretty graph that only serves to make things more muddled because Hickman hasn't ever realized that Lost's mystery box-ass storytelling was terrible, manipulative bullshyt that JJ Abrams invented in lieu of writing a compelling narrative.

This thing is truly everything good and fukking terrible about Hickman's writing style (and other mainstream writers, to a lesser extent). It would be parody if I hadn't seen it in the issue myself.

...Don't worry @Jmare007, I'll get to the matches soon.

If you have to use an untrue, politically denigrating blanket statement to cover for Hickman's decisions, then it's definitely bad writing.

AND it makes Moira look like even more of an idiot given how long lived Hickman makes her. You should be beyond the political mindset of your average 20-year-old who just read the basics on Che Guevara when you're on your seventh or eighth life.

Edit: I just realized that Moira's entire deal is just the plot of Primer, where the whole point of the main character's dealings with time travel is that they're children playing with forces far beyond their control. :russ:
For someone who hates on Hickman you sure do give a lot time and thinking into his stories. :skip:

But you do bring up interesting points, so keep at it. :heh:

Anyways, HoX2 was cool.

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
This Hickman X-men feels pretty much :yeshrug:

Feels like he is going way overboard to make history with this X-men run.

Trying to be cute with every little minute (sometimes unnecessary) detail, but failing to see the big picture of just writing a good or even just a decent story.

Maybe it gets better with future issues, but right now not really feeling it. :manny:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
For someone who hates on Hickman you sure do give a lot time and thinking into his stories. :skip:

But you do bring up interesting points, so keep at it. :heh:

Anyways, HoX2 was cool.

I don't like Hickman (and really, a lot of the post-Bendis superstar writers), but I'm a huge, huge X-Men fan. Hickman was supposed to be the savior after years of terrible stories (and there is more going on here to appreciate than anything in, say, Rosenberg's previous run), so I decided to give this a good faith attempt. I didn't hate the first two issues all, though they didn't light my world on fire. This one just really sent me through the roof (partially because it's NOT completely trash, but an extremely poor handling of quite interesting ideas).

I'll read all of HoX/PoX, but we'll see how long I go on for after that.