Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
The more Hickman opens his mouth, the less hope I have for this X-Men relaunch.

He's an arrogant dikkhead whose output doesn't merit said arrogance AT ALL. Maybe the most overrated writer in mainstream comics.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

BURBANK, CA – (July 12, 2019) – Today DC announced that acclaimed director, screenwriter and producer John Carpenter and Anthony Burch, writer of the hit video games Borderlands 2 and League of Legends, will make their DC Universe debut in a one-shot comic as part of the publisher’s “Year of the Villain” event in THE JOKER: YEAR OF THE VILLAIN #1, on sale October 9.

The Joker is the greatest villain in comics,” said Carpenter. “I’m proud to be reunited with Anthony on this project.”

While this one-shot is the first time that Carpenter and Burch will be writing a DC story, they’re no strangers to collaborating on comic books that tell big, over-the-top and bombastic tales, having previously co-written BOOM! Studios’ Big Trouble in Little China: Old Man Jack miniseries.

I'm excited beyond words to be writing for Gotham's greatest villain,” said co-writer Burch. “I hope the Joker's exploits make you laugh, shudder, and grow nauseous all at once.”

JOHN CARPENTER, ANTHONY BURCH TO WRITE THE JOKER: YEAR OF THE VILLAIN

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The more Hickman opens his mouth, the less hope I have for this X-Men relaunch.

He's an arrogant dikkhead whose output doesn't merit said arrogance AT ALL. Maybe the most overrated writer in mainstream comics.

He's highly popular, who cares if he's a troll :heh:

I love him btw but I have no fukking clue what his social media trolling has anything to do with his future X-Men run.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
He's highly popular, who cares if he's a troll :heh:

I love him btw but I have no fukking clue what his social media trolling has anything to do with his future X-Men run.

An ideas guy who thinks his shyt doesn't stink, yet doesn't have any idea how to make his ideas cohere into a story one can care to read, doesn't inspire confidence in me. His writing implies it, and his Twitter feed confirms it.

I don't know what else to tell you man. I've never been a big fan of his writing and given that, his feed just rubs me the wrong way. :manny:

Na, Morrison and King are. :ld:

WRONG. :ufdup:

Best X-Men writer since the Claremont era by a country mile and a half. And an actual example of an ideas guy that can also write compelling, thought-provoking stories.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
An ideas guy who thinks his shyt doesn't stink, yet doesn't have any idea how to make his ideas cohere into a story one can care to read, doesn't inspire confidence in me. His writing implies it, and his Twitter feed confirms it.

I don't know what else to tell you man. I've never been a big fan of his writing and given that, his feed just rubs me the wrong way. :manny:

Best X-Men writer since the Claremont era by a country mile and a half. And an actual example of an ideas guy that can also write compelling, thought-provoking stories.

I get people loving Morrison but I've never "gotten it" with him as far as his DC work. I mean, if we are talking about an idea guy who thinks his shyt doesn't stink he's prime example n°1 to me :heh: his Batman RIP stuff and Final Crisis were :mjlol: specially FC with his meta commentary on editorial :mjlol:

Now, if you would've started with the bolded instead of this high and mighty "writer/idea" reason, I would've understood from the get go :pachaha:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

I can’t comment on his X-Men run, but that and his JL runs are all I hear praised the most. I read a few of the JL arcs and thought they were whatever. :ld:

Batman stuff I read and it’s whatever, too. FC is the shyts. :scusthov:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Morrison's Animal Man is one of my favorite runs of all time. Anything else I can take it or leave it.

I'm also not salivating over his current Green Lantern run like everyone else.