Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As an outsider looking in, The Walking Dead comic ends pretty badly. I would be ticked off if I invested all of that time for what was written.

Well...

That sure was a weak way to close that shyt out.

:beli:

I wanted some dreadful fukkery.

:francis:

i ok with the way it end :ehh:it was one of those the journey not the destination type ending that becoming really popular now days for prime time drama for example true detective on HBO:yeshrug:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Immortal Hulk 20 :wow:

theres a whole lot to unpack...

like why is banners mother in gamma hell? does banner become the next galactus if he kills mr immortal?(or is that a red herring in itself) what the hell brought thunderbolt back? and how did the hulk pull rick from the abombination?

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
theres a whole lot to unpack...

like why is banners mother in gamma hell? does banner become the next galactus if he kills mr immortal?(or is that a red herring in itself) what the hell brought thunderbolt back? and how did the hulk pull rick from the abombination?
The one below mythology has me going :dwillhuh::lupe::ohhh: everytime they go back and explore it. The Metatron being at the end looks fukking crazy is that something Bruce can evolve into while he's in the Hell? It seems like the green door like it does with Banner is bringing back all those who have been affected by gamma radiation so it explains all the previous Hulks coming back.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
The one below mythology has me going :dwillhuh::lupe::ohhh: everytime they go back and explore it. The Metatron being at the end looks fukking crazy is that something Bruce can evolve into while he's in the Hell? It seems like the green door like it does with Banner is bringing back all those who have been affected by gamma radiation so it explains all the previous Hulks coming back.

if the gamma hell is a sort of revolving door for certain hulks(or bruce anyway) im curious what draws them in. is it being on the verge of death like bruce was, or is it something more? and metatron....i wonfder if its an actual angel, or something pretending to be

MikeBarnes

aka thejackroller, Jack Brannigan, Jack Birdbath
Daps
I pretend the dream issue where it was all aliens was the last issue. It made me happier than continuing the series.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

MikeBarnes

aka thejackroller, Jack Brannigan, Jack Birdbath
Daps
he is though. whether marvel feels the same doesnt change the fact that his brand of justice fits nicely with a lot of the way police in the public eye handle things.
I agree with what you're saying. But they took the time to say these guys are dirtbags. And I commend them for it.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Had some time off recently and I went back and reread Jonathan Hickman’s magnum opus run on Avengers/New Avengers/Infinity/Secret Wars and it reaffirmed that it was the GOAT Marvel run...that I read anyway. I used to say Morrison New X-Men but I think Hickman topped it.

Dude had some high science going on...don’t think I fully processed and retained everything about it at first.

One thing I liked was the moral quandaries he placed all the Illuminati members in and how they all got tested so intensely.

Black Panther had to suffer the indignity of hiding Namor in Wakanda during warfare and after Namor destroyed Wakanda. He had his ancestors ashamed of him. Keep in mind, he was the only one who turned down the initial invite into the Illuminati years ago, but he personally brought them back together when he learned of the incursions. He knew it was the right thing to do for Wakanda because there is no Wakanda if there is no multiverse. He was calm and collected about it but in the end he gave in to his base instincts for revenge. After he had Black Bolt drop Namor, he didn’t let off the antimatter bomb right away because he wanted Namor conscious so he knew BP did that to him and that’s how Namor and the Cabal got away.

Namor was never really a hero, so it was no surprise that he was the only one that was down to pull the trigger on the 1st inhabited Earth. He had already been on kind of a heel turn because after the Black Order conquered Atlantis, he sicced them on Wakanda and had it destroyed AGAIN just because. He bragged about how the rest of them were too weak to do what needed to be done about the incursions but after the Faustian bargain he made with the Cabal and having to kill planets with them he lost himself completely and was soulsick because he wasn’t THAT evil. Thanos and them were torturing people for lulz while killing planets and he couldn’t bear it. He knew the Cabal was going to see it in him soon so he went groveling to Doom to for help, and Doom told him no, he should’ve came to him first. Then he told Kristoff real recognize real and Namor ain’t looking familiar :russ: Of course little did he (or the reader) know Doom was orchestrating the whole thing to save the multiverse from the Beyonders.

Dr. Strange got so deep into the dark arts trying to stop the incursions that when he finally tried to sell his soul at the Sinner’s Market he was told he didn’t have a soul left to sell. All these years he feared Doom’s mysticism cause he knew Doom was willing to fukk with the dark arts and he ended up working with Doom as the leader of the Black Priests, and taking the position that some Earths must be culled in order to save the multiverse. The Black Priests saw themselves as cosmic surgeons, and felt they could stabilize the disruption in the multiverse by destroying certain Earths and stopping the outward ripple. Strange reached a point where he was beyond good and evil...like Doom.

I could talk about this shyt all day. I didn’t even get into his take on the age old Cap vs. Iron Man beef. But so many players were shown as complex and ambivalent, doubting themselves at times but cold and resolute when they made a decision. They all lost who they were to some degree...some “heavy is the head” shyt. But they were all trying to save the universe and were out of morally acceptable options.

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Had some time off recently and I went back and reread Jonathan Hickman’s magnum opus run on Avengers/New Avengers/Infinity/Secret Wars and it reaffirmed that it was the GOAT Marvel run...that I read anyway. I used to say Morrison New X-Men but I think Hickman topped it.

Dude had some high science going on...don’t think I fully processed and retained everything about it at first.

One thing I liked was the moral quandaries he placed all the Illuminati members in and how they all got tested so intensely.

Black Panther had to suffer the indignity of hiding Namor in Wakanda during warfare and after Namor destroyed Wakanda. He had his ancestors ashamed of him. Keep in mind, he was the only one who turned down the initial invite into the Illuminati years ago, but he personally brought them back together when he learned of the incursions. He knew it was the right thing to do for Wakanda because there is no Wakanda if there is no multiverse. He was calm and collected about it but in the end he gave in to his base instincts for revenge. After he had Black Bolt drop Namor, he didn’t let off the antimatter bomb right away because he wanted Namor conscious so he knew BP did that to him and that’s how Namor got away.

Namor was never really a hero, so it was no surprise that he was the only one that was down to pull the trigger on the 1st inhabited Earth. He had already been on kind of a heel turn because after the Black Order conquered Atlantis, he sicced them on Wakanda and had it destroyed AGAIN just because. He bragged about how the rest of them were too weak to do what needed to be done about the incursions but after the Faustian bargain he made with the Cabal and having to kill planets with them he lost himself completely and was soulsick because he wasn’t THAT evil. Thanos and them were torturing people for lulz while killing planets and he couldn’t bear it. He knew the Cabal was going to see it in him soon so he went groveling to Doom to for help, and Doom told him real recognize real and you ain’t looking familiar :russ: Of course little did he (or the reader) know Doom was orchestrating the whole thing to save the multiverse from the Beyonders.

Dr. Strange got so deep into the dark arts trying to stop the incursions that when he finally tried to sell his soul at the Sinner’s Market he was told he didn’t have a soul left to sell. All these years he feared Doom’s mysticism cause he knew he was willing to fukk with the dark arts and he ended up working with Doom as the leader of the Black Priests, and taking the position that some Earths must be culled in order to save the multiverse. The Black Priests saw themselves as cosmic surgeons, and felt they could stabilize the disruption in the multiverse by destroying certain Earths and stopping the outward ripple. Strange reached a point where he was beyond good and evil...like Doom.

I could talk about this shyt all day. I didn’t even get into his take on the age old Cap vs. Iron Man beef. But so many players were shown as complex and ambivalent, doubting themselves at times but cold and resolute when they made a decision. But they all lost who they were to some degree...some “heavy is the head” shyt.

i laughed so hard at the diner scene in time runs out. the world is done, and you cant tell the truth for two fukking seconds to the point that a cosmic being had to rat you out. its that same dishonesty that fukked stark during civil war and the watcher had to tell him about himself

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
i laughed so hard at the diner scene in time runs out. the world is done, and you cant tell the truth for two fukking seconds to the point that a cosmic being had to rat you out. its that same dishonesty that fukked stark during civil war and the watcher had to tell him about himself
Hickman kinda shytted on Cap and Iron Man during that run. And he had them both die by being crushed under a falling helicarrier while fighting each other for no reason while the universe is about to die. I think that was symbolic of how he saw their beef.

On another note, that Black Swan bytch was trolling the fukk out of the Illuminati for like 20 something issues.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Hickman kinda shytted on Cap and Iron Man during that run. And he had them both die by being crushed under a falling helicarrier while fighting each other for no reason while the universe is about to die. I think that was symbolic of how he saw their beef.

On another note, that Black Swan bytch was trolling the fukk out of the Illuminati for like 20 something issues.

I didn't mind it shytting on them. They were two pieces being used to move the story along. It really helped that it was old man cap, who was a well established old a$$hole at this point who was like a dog with a bone with the Illuminati. It was just funny that it felt like he was gonna give them a heartfelt moment, only to quickly throw it in the trash because cap couldn't let go, and start couldnt be honest

It also kinda helped that the reset button was pressed as soon as the event ended.