Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Jason Aaron's run on Avengers started rocky but after that first arc the book has been great. However dude has a horrible take on She-Hulk and this bullshyt latest issue feels like it was written by an angry militant feminist with cankles.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Jason Aaron's run on Avengers started rocky but after that first arc the book has been great. However dude has a horrible take on She-Hulk and this bullshyt latest issue feels like it was written by an angry militant feminist with cankles.

I don't understand the purpose for changing her. There's no movie or cartoon or anything coming out. It's like they just couldn't let Marvel not have a dumb angry hulk.

What makes Jen work as a character is the fact that she's the Anti-Hulk, basically. Smart, gorgeous and revels in her green form.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I stop thinking of him as being a black Brazilian man giving the way the x-men comics,movies,cartoons in general draw ,color and cast him the past decades he always has the that look like a tan white Brazilian man so I was like :yeshrug: when I seen he got kill off which is a shame he was one of my favorite give his backstory but than they start whitewashing him over the years more and more turn me off of him and I dont see him turning back to a black Brazilian or someone that could past for being black anytime soon.

yeah they've been hitting dude with cakesoap for so long that.. most people probably ain't even gonna look at him as black anymore :skip:

and he'll be back soon enough. it's x-men, not like death really means a damn thing anymore:skip:

parallax

Superstar
Daps

It really felt like it was by someone who didn't get she hulk. Jen wasn't this tortured soul and to make her have all the these "woe is me, the paparazzi are taking pictures of me" thoughts when she loved showing off her body is fukking ridiculous. If this is the she hulk they plan on going on with in the future, they need to put her out of her misery now

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It really felt like it was by someone who didn't get she hulk. Jen wasn't this tortured soul and to make her have all the these "woe is me, the paparazzi are taking pictures of me" thoughts when she loved showing off her body is fukking ridiculous. If this is the she hulk they plan on going on with in the future, they need to put her out of her misery now

I haven’t read the issue yet, so correct me if I’m wrong.

Jen’s classic she hulk form was on all the time cause she was so sensitive about her regular form’s look. She loved being a sexy woman. So for her to be so sensitive as a brute hulk isn’t crazy

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I haven’t read the issue yet, so correct me if I’m wrong.

Jen’s classic she hulk form was on all the time cause she was so sensitive about her regular form’s look. She loved being a sexy woman. So for her to be so sensitive as a brute hulk isn’t crazy

She's sensitive about being slim she hulk while loving the rage she hulk. That's where the problem lies when we know she loved being she hulk. More than she did Jen Walters.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't understand the purpose for changing her. There's no movie or cartoon or anything coming out. It's like they just couldn't let Marvel not have a dumb angry hulk.

What makes Jen work as a character is the fact that she's the Anti-Hulk, basically. Smart, gorgeous and revels in her green form.
Thank you! She-Hulk was different because she didn't see being a Hulk as a curse, it was something she reveled in. And her sexuality was something she was confident and embraced too. She liked sex and wasn't ashamed to be aggressive about it.
But according to that last issue she has spent the last 30-some years faking the funk and wishing she was butt ugly so men wouldn't be attracted to her. and people would I guess fear her and take her seriously?
shyt made no sense.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas

Does Universal own the rights for She-Hulk like they do Hulk? A She-Hulk movie would be fun.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Sentry was able to calm down Hulk by glowing or some dumb shyt too, right?

I took forever to get to the issues of Wizard I bought on Cartoonist Kayfabe, but I'm there. I forgot about the letter column dude going psycho on kids about Iron Man being able to take out every one of the X-Men. This shyt is great.
he was the only person able to fully overpower and calm down Bruce. There's a story about it in the final issue of World War Hulk

world-war-hulk-vs-the-sentry-7.jpg

nikkas really tussled like Gods:whoo::lupe:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot

the drawings of she-hulk were kinda weird to me at first but overall his writing is pretty good after reading mighty thor and war of the realms. Jeff Lemire as of late though :feedme: