Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just read batman 17, don't read any comic books besides walking dead but i enjoyed it.

my only gripe is
who would go through all that time making fake faces and such when he should have just really cut their shyt off :childplease:

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
What ? Logan would kill joker with this bullshyt .:aicmon: he kills hydra and hand and aim niccas all the time . I think joker is getting ridiculous now I'm sorry how can you let him live ? At least give him the dr light mindwipe :mindblown: Snyder really did too much with this story

DC has made him damn near immortal, he was shot in the forehead and got better.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
any kept up with earth 2 havent been reading it

It's getting better and better as more reimagined characters are getting introduced. The last issue showed the new Dr. Fate and the issue before introduced Wonder Woman's daughter Fury along with our first indepth look at Steppenwolf.

And in the upcoming Earth 2 Annual #1 we are gonna get:
The new Earth 2 Batman!
zEzo6ep.jpg

I'm gonna assume that it's dikk Grayson or the E2 Damian.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
just read batman 17, don't read any comic books besides walking dead but i enjoyed it.

my only gripe is
who would go through all that time making fake faces and such when he should have just really cut their shyt off :childplease:

Howd you read it, doesnt it come out tomorrow?

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
What ? Logan would kill joker with this bullshyt .:aicmon: he kills hydra and hand and aim niccas all the time . I think joker is getting ridiculous now I'm sorry how can you let him live ? At least give him the dr light mindwipe :mindblown: Snyder really did too much with this story
Comparing Joker to henchmen? :comeon:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
They fought in batman/spiderman disordered minds
1320460-spider_man___batman___disordered_minds_46_super.jpg

But current god mode joker who can be in 5 places at once ? I'm sure they'll say spideys spidersense doesn't work on joker since he's such a wildcard . That his intentions are unknown even to himself sometimes

not that that's canon or anything....

but that's the kind of shyt I'm talking about. Now, I understand quotes like this and the rendering of the character
"The Joker is the kind of guy who will come up with a plan to kidnap a scientist and have them create a super-pheromone that will attract little old ladies to a warehouse so Joker can feed them into a woodchipper and use the resulting paste to make counterfeit money so he can buy fuel for his ice rocket that will freeze the entire city which will cause everyone to flock to his beverage vendors who will sell them hot chocolate laced with a mutagen designed to drive everyone insane."

but this bullshyt "he so craaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyy :whoa::whoa::whoa: "

Like how some writers really have had him be able to match batman hand to hand.

cats really do think Joker would give somebody like Daredevil fits. really. Frank castle would leave him dead in an alley.

But they really would write Wolverine on some "I can't kill him. That would make me no better than him" type shyt.

And really, if DC didn't have every hero looking like "Well, Joker belongs to Batman. Let's not step on Bruce's toes"....

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whats the name of this batman arc you all are talking about so can download it

What are some good avengers arc to download too, And Xmen too ??
the death of the family is the batman arc
Xmen get wolverine and the xmen , house of m because it explains the current mutant situation , get new avengers from the beginning. Try avengers academy too . my boy mettle :to: has anyone read avengers arena ? @R=G any links?
Comparing Joker to henchmen? :comeon:
Yes but his plans are ridiculous he seems to kill hundred/1000s at will and he wouldn't any match for Wolvie physically . Logan would :scusthov:.... Then :shaq: snikt on him . Him sonning Alex Luthor in crisis was bad ass I won't lie :pachaha: I'm a big dc fan but the joker love is getting alittle crazy
not that that's canon or anything....

but that's the kind of shyt I'm talking about. Now, I understand quotes like this and the rendering of the character

but this bullshyt "he so craaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyy :whoa::whoa::whoa: "

Like how some writers really have had him be able to match batman hand to hand.

cats really do think Joker would give somebody like Daredevil fits. really. Frank castle would leave him dead in an alley.

But they really would write Wolverine on some "I can't kill him. That would make me no better than him" type shyt.

And really, if DC didn't have every hero looking like "Well, Joker belongs to Batman. Let's not step on Bruce's toes"....

Yea their treatment of joker is now silly . No judge should find a guy like him insane give that nicca the death penalty his plans are too elaborate .
knowing who batman is puts alot of heroes in danger if he really digs into it

Last edited by a moderator:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
But that's the thing with Joker, he wouldn't exist without Batman and without a corrupt Gotham City

Joker would create a plan that would cause Logan to have to choose between killing him and saving his friends, which is how you stop Wolverine. Joker is not a henchman. Batman has tried explaining that especially in this arc. He is as smart as you, and no matter how close you think you are to the end, he has planned well ahead. Could Logan kill Doom? Yeah sure but would Dr. Doom put himself in a position to catch that final snikt from Logan? Hell no. He's far too smart for that. The same with Joker.

Logan was taken care of in Old Man Logan fairly easily. They didn't need that 40 man roster of villains. They used Mysterio and his illusion shyt. On a man with super human senses. And made him kill all his friends, everyone he ever loved, and all the future generations of X-Men in a few hours.

By Mysterio.

You think Joker wouldnt break Logan spiritually and mentally? To the point where slicing him to ribbons wouldn't matter? Or put himself in a position to be a victim of Logans rage?

Punisher? Joker isn't scared of bullets or death. He'd have something extra special planned for Frank.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But that's the thing with Joker, he wouldn't exist without Batman and without a corrupt Gotham City

Joker would create a plan that would cause Logan to have to choose between killing him and saving his friends, which is how you stop Wolverine. Joker is not a henchman. Batman has tried explaining that especially in this arc. He is as smart as you, and no matter how close you think you are to the end, he has planned well ahead. Could Logan kill Doom? Yeah sure but would Dr. Doom put himself in a position to catch that final snikt from Logan? Hell no. He's far too smart for that. The same with Joker.

Logan was taken care of in Old Man Logan fairly easily. They didn't need that 40 man roster of villains. They used Mysterio and his illusion shyt. On a man with super human senses. And made him kill all his friends, everyone he ever loved, and all the future generations of X-Men in a few hours.

By Mysterio.

You think Joker wouldnt break Logan spiritually and mentally? To the point where slicing him to ribbons wouldn't matter? Or put himself in a position to be a victim of Logans rage?

Punisher? Joker isn't scared of bullets or death. He'd have something extra special planned for Frank.

Well if its a situation where they know each other then I guess it's possible . He also gets washed up by batman fairly regular he wasn't always this unstoppable antibatman with preparation . Idk I guess it depends on the writer he'd probably tempt Logan enough that he wouldn't kill him like the other guy said to prove he's not a animal

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Well if its a situation where they know each other then I guess it's possible . He also gets washed up by batman fairly regular he wasn't always this unstoppable antibatman with preparation . Idk I guess it depends on the writer he'd probably tempt Logan enough that he wouldn't kill him like the other guy said to prove he's not a animal

Exaaaaactly :smugfavre:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I liked the Death of the Family storyline but the build up was better than the conclusion.
I get that Snyder is trying to show that the Bat Family is fractured and they don't fully trust Batman so Joker accomplished his goal in a sense but the scope of this storyline began so epically that it just felt slightly unsatisfying that either Joker didn't kill or maim one of the extended family or one of the family didn't off Joker.