Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
yeah, I said it. He's a fukking clown and I should believe that just because he kills people while he's laughing and showing no remorse, the whole of DC should fear him.

I challenge any one in this thread to give me a good reason Joker is such a HUUUUUUGE threat that doesnt include

1. The writer hyping him up
2. The writer making everyone else stupid.
3. Something somebody else said. "look at this chart/list/ranking!"
4. Saying dumb shyt like "you just don't get batman or the joker" "you must not read comics"

But it is the writer who builds on these characters rather good or bad....I don't really see your point, problem with the Joker is the fact he is unpredictable, which gives the writer a lot of free range to play in that realm...that would drive any hero nuts...to say he is a C list if in Marvel is:wtf:

DeJuan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Just read Batman #17 . Ending was not up to the hype but as a whole the full arc together was good.
I always knew it would be the Joker making it where everyone would kind of lose faith/trust in Batman which is why the name fits....Death of the Family. The answer of why Batman won't kill him was sort of addressed and it kind of seemed like Batman was thinking about doing it for real this time.....but yeah. It's the Joker.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Did the writers behind AvX every address why they made Captain America come off like such a douche? I'd love someone to son him in the comics about that.

I loved that last New Avengers issue. The Illuminati politely told him, "This kind of talk is only reserved for the bosses" then proceeded to throw him in the bushes.

He thought T'Challa was gonna ride with him.

Cap: :myman:

BP: :ufdup:

Even Reed checked him.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just read Batman #17 . Ending was not up to the hype but as a whole the full arc together was good.
I always knew it would be the Joker making it where everyone would kind of lose faith/trust in Batman which is why the name fits....Death of the Family. The answer of why Batman won't kill him was sort of addressed and it kind of seemed like Batman was thinking about doing it for real this time.....but yeah. It's the Joker.
Can you be alittle more detailed :smugdraper: can't wait till weds especially now that I know what's on the tray . Does joker know who batman is ?

DeJuan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Can you be alittle more detailed :smugdraper: can't wait till weds especially now that I know what's on the tray . Does joker know who batman is ?

It would appear Joker knows who Batman is, but wants nothing to do with him while he is Bruce Wayne. He'll attack his "family" and whatever else, but it's like a game for him. He only wants Batman.

So even though everything ends on a happy note he's put seeds of doubt/trust in the rest of the Bat Family's heads. He wants Batman to not have them to worry about and fall back on cause it doesn't fully let Bruce embrace being Batman.

And even though Joker doesn't kill the rest of the heroes he gets exactly what he wants.....Batman decides against his own judgement and chases after Joker and leaves everyone to figure out how to get out of Jokers final trap. So in that sense Batman has enough trust in everyone and Joker gets Batman fully being Batman and not letting the family hold him back. And it does seem for a second Batman thinks about ending it.

The way everyone on the board has been saying why doesn't Batman kill him....the Joker ask almost exactly what a lot of posters in here have been

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It would appear Joker knows who Batman is, but wants nothing to do with him while he is Bruce Wayne. He'll attack his "family" and whatever else, but it's like a game for him. He only wants Batman.

So even though everything ends on a happy note he's put seeds of doubt/trust in the rest of the Bat Family's heads. He wants Batman to not have them to worry about and fall back on cause it doesn't fully let Bruce embrace being Batman.

And even though Joker doesn't kill the rest of the heroes he gets exactly what he wants.....Batman decides against his own judgement and chases after Joker and leaves everyone to figure out how to get out of Jokers final trap. So in that sense Batman has enough trust in everyone and Joker gets Batman fully being Batman and not letting the family hold him back. And it does seem for a second Batman thinks about ending it.

The way everyone on the board has been saying why doesn't Batman kill him....the Joker ask almost exactly what a lot of posters in here have been

:aicmon: sorry Snyder but
him knowing who everyone is ridiculous say he tells another villain Im assuming they say he won't since he loves batman right ?it also puts other heroes in jeopardy of him deducing their identities by following batman

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Batman leaked? Didnt even check for it..fukk. Time to do a real comic drop for the Piff thread...

Am I remembering wrong but wasn't a few years ago batman was acting like a jerk to everyone ? I mean like a current cap America type prick

DMR

Killa
Daps
Meh, I was hoping it would be Alfred in pieces or even their faces off, but it turned out that nothing happened :rudy:
So just another Joker story, and of course he isnt even dead.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably the kindle fire my girl got me a iPad :whew: where'd you get the cbr files breh

Torrents, ain't read comics for 20 years, got all the x men, the punisher and a load of longer annuals/novels.

What should I be checking for?

I got no preference, thinking about d/l all the batmans.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
yeah, I said it. He's a fukking clown and I should believe that just because he kills people while he's laughing and showing no remorse, the whole of DC should fear him.

I challenge any one in this thread to give me a good reason Joker is such a HUUUUUUGE threat that doesnt include

1. The writer hyping him up
2. The writer making everyone else stupid.
3. Something somebody else said. "look at this chart/list/ranking!"
4. Saying dumb shyt like "you just don't get batman or the joker" "you must not read comics"

We might as well write off every non god mode hero/villain then because how they all operate. Yes on paper Joker is a "joke". Batman (a man in a costume)/Punisher (a man with a gun) wouldn't survive their first 6 months. Spiderman would've had the full force of the United States up his ass within a year. Kingpin would've got the Rick Ross treatment plus a coffin. Lex would be up to his ass in lawsuits on top of numerous assassination attempts for repeatedly double crossing his allies. Even supes like Doom would've gotten Seal 6'd, fukk a diplomatic immunity.

But we look past this shyt because fukkery makes the story:aicmon:

Most DC characters dont fear the Joker, they talk about him the way you do...until he :troll: