Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jack Martinez

Rookie
Daps
:usure: if that last thing is true I'm tight . He got back on my goodside in avengers academy . With a big ultron story is coming up so he will make the big save then again with bendis who knows :beli: I swear if hawkeye dies again I'm done with bendis

I figure since Hawkeye was in tha "Avengers" movie (along with tha other

"movie" Avengers), are "safe". From tha future solicits of tha Ultron

event descriptions....I think Luke Cage might be tha one to die.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I think you need to go back and re-read issue 2.

According to Reed, when the incursion takes place one of two things will happen:

1. The earths collide and that destroys BOTH universes

2, ONE of the earths is destroyed but both universes survive.
Yeah I know its just that they arent concerned with saving all the universes. Whether or not they destroy the other world, the multiverse is still broken and the cycle will continue.

I like how Cap was first one to point out they were in possession of reality warping items. Everyone was busy swagger jacking Namor's ruthlessness :snoop:

This whole "we'll find a way" mantra is something Reeds would say in the lab. Cap should've been there in the first place.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
:usure: Beast, he hated Wolverine having a hit squad to take out evil people trying to kill mutants, but he's going :ehh: at this.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I know its just that they arent concerned with saving all the universes. Whether or not they destroy the other world, the multiverse is still broken and the cycle will continue.

I like how Cap was first one to point out they were in possession of reality warping items. Everyone was busy swagger jacking Namor's ruthlessness :snoop:

This whole "we'll find a way" mantra is something Reeds would say in the lab. Cap should've been there in the first place.

Again, re-read issue 2.

Obviously their top priority is saving THEIR universe.

Also Reed and T'Challa already hypothesized that it might not be a natural occurrence and that someone might be causing all of this.

Also nobody was in the meeting saying "fukk it, lets just kill that other earth". They were saying ALL options needed to be on the table.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The problem with Cap is that he's so hard line about shyt. Destroying another planet isn't even their first solution. One thing I think some of yall are overlooking is there's a time limit to this shyt. The incursions happen randomly but once they begin they only have 8 hours before collision. They're confident they could find another way with time, but they don't have time.

I could understand Cap's point way more if it was an actual plan outside of "We'll come up with something".

Also note that T'Challa KNOWS this group is full of fukk ups, even during their little role call he said something about seeing a road filled with regrets. It's just that T'Challa fully grasps the scale of the situation and Steve doesn't.
I agree that Cap's idealism can't work in a group like the Illuminati (even though I feel he is being written just a tad too Pollyanna for my taste but Hickman is taking latitudes in order to write the story he wants) but that doesn't make him wrong or Stark and them right.
I agree with T'Challa's initial assessment that the whole concept of this group is just a bad idea and in the end Cap and Panther will both be proven right.

I am liking the book so far and thought issue 3 was the best of this short run. My one real gripe aside from Cap being too idealistic was how Namor and Cap's relationship was written. Hickman is continuing to ignore the long and deep friendship between Cap and Namor just like every writer on the AvX miniseries did. Namor would be a total dikk to everyone in that group but not Steve Rogers.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:usure: if that last thing is true I'm tight . He got back on my goodside in avengers academy . With a big ultron story is coming up so he will make the big save then again with bendis who knows :beli: I swear if hawkeye dies again I'm done with bendis

Pym has to be around for the Ultron stuff so I hope every writer at Marvel ignores Remender's entire terrible run on Secret Avengers.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
That's just an article written by someone too lazy to do research.

The headline is misleading as fukk too. It makes it seem like they're trying to make a Marvel version of "Fifty Shades of Grey" when that's not what they're doing at all.

Marvel has been trying romance themed stuff for a LONG time. I think most people don't realize that romance comics were pretty popular for awhile. Some years backs "Spider-Man loves Mary Jane" was one of Marvel's more popular books. The X-Men line was a fukking soap opera for the longest time.

Spider-Man loves Mary Jane was :trash: IMO

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
539666_400585086702569_1158490631_n.jpg

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree that Cap's idealism can't work in a group like the Illuminati (even though I feel he is being written just a tad too Pollyanna for my taste but Hickman is taking latitudes in order to write the story he wants) but that doesn't make him wrong or Stark and them right.
I agree with T'Challa's initial assessment that the whole concept of this group is just a bad idea and in the end Cap and Panther will both be proven right.

I am liking the book so far and thought issue 3 was the best of this short run. My one real gripe aside from Cap being too idealistic was how Namor and Cap's relationship was written. Hickman is continuing to ignore the long and deep friendship between Cap and Namor just like every writer on the AvX miniseries did. Namor would be a total dikk to everyone in that group but not Steve Rogers.

Yeah Namor attacking Cap is straight bullshyt. It wouldn't even be a problem if it had been shown that Namor and their relationship has changed the past few years, but the change in their dynamic hasn't even been addressed.

Like I said according to Hickman Panther is supposed to be the moral center of this group, but he's not gonna be on that same stupid bullshyt that Steve was on which was to just whine like a little girl without offering another valid solution.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
:usure: Beast, he hated Wolverine having a hit squad to take out evil people trying to kill mutants, but he's going :ehh: at this.

On this issue...

The whole X-Force thing, it upset a lot of the X-men mainly because it was Cyclops who was behind it all. EVERYONE KNOWS Wolverine is a killer and the guy you go to for dirty jobs, its just they were more disappointed with him, it was Scott they were really mad with.

Wolverine is a killer, its what he does. He's been trying to change that aspect about his character for years, but old habits die hard. Its like a stripper trying to turn into a good wifey, or a drug addict trying to go clean. No matter how hard they try, that past is still there and its what they tend to go to in hard or hectic times. And anyone intelligent KNOWS this. Seeing them backslide is frustrating and annoying, but deep down you can't act like you didn't see it coming.

Cyclops doing it however is the equivilent of finding out your Preacher is on that stuff :bryan:. He's the last person you'd expect to see in that position.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Yeah Namor attacking Cap is straight bullshyt. It wouldn't even be a problem if it had been shown that Namor and their relationship has changed the past few years, but the change in their dynamic hasn't even been addressed.

Like I said according to Hickman Panther is supposed to be the moral center of this group, but he's not gonna be on that same stupid bullshyt that Steve was on which was to just whine like a little girl without offering another valid solution.

I disagree.

That aspect of their relationship has been addressed multiple times. Cap and Namor have a longstanding respect for each other, but they are not actually friends. Cap don't go play poker or shoot the shyt with Namor.

Their respect is based on they are both so driven on their goals so they see a lot of similarities in each other, but they both know how much of a pain the other is when they are on opposing sides and they KNOW this.

Cap breaking the Infinity Gems was a pure fukk up on his part and it lost their best chance at ending this simply. Namor is also known to overreact and fly off the handle (on the low, Cap does this A LOT too) and he decked him. That was perfectly in character with Namor, and Cap fighting him back was just the same.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Wolverine used to be like this at his best
WolverineMurder.jpg

But these days? He trys to kill Wanda Maximoff who was never in her right mind..was doing his BEST to try to kill Wanda's son and contemplated trying to take out Hope during A v X....killed his own son instead of capturing him. He's turned into a complete coward. It's sad.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I disagree.

That aspect of their relationship has been addressed multiple times. Cap and Namor have a longstanding respect for each other, but they are not actually friends. Cap don't go play poker or shoot the shyt with Namor.

Their respect is based on they are both so driven on their goals so they see a lot of similarities in each other, but they both know how much of a pain the other is when they are on opposing sides and they KNOW this.

Cap breaking the Infinity Gems was a pure fukk up on his part and it lost their best chance at ending this simply. Namor is also known to overreact and fly off the handle (on the low, Cap does this A LOT too) and he decked him. That was perfectly in character with Namor, and Cap fighting him back was just the same.

Nah, that whole respect thing is the bullshyt by people who obviously never read any issues of The Invaders or Namors solo book or old Avengers issues where Cap talked Namor into joinging the team. Namor considers Cap one of two humans he actually cares for: Cap like a brother and Sue Storm like a chick he wants to wife.
Namor respects the Thing, Cap is supposed to be family.
Namor even called Cap his brother in one of the spinoff issues from that shytty AvX series if memory serves me.