Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
I think i'm in the minority but i'm really enjoying what Hickman is doing in both Avengers and New Avengers.

The Smasher origin story was pretty solid and i love seeing the Imperial Guard anytime.

as far as New Avengers :russ: at how Namor screamed on Cap. Spot on.

regarding the Infinity Gems:

and notice how they showed all of the gems shatter except for the Time Gem which was simply shown as disappeared?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The people behind the Underworld movies have optioned the Luna Brothers Sword series for a movie franchise. I liked Sword but it is not the Luna brothers books I most wanted to see made into a movie/TV show. I was hoping to see someone do something with Girls first.
But I understand that Sword has a better set up for a several picture franchise.
Anybody who is not familiar with Sword can read the first issue in its entirety HERE.

Would love to see girls as a HBO show..... And not that sex in the city for hipster trash

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
yeah, I'm guessing that was Dan Dare.

Those Infinity Gems were the wrong color.

How'd Thanos get back? Or is that a Thanos from another "when"? I just don't see Thanos chilling on Titan like that. Neither he or The Titan Eternals would be too happy about that arrangement.

Wasn't there a scene in the other Avengers book where Iron Man, Reed, Strange, TChalla and Namor were standing over some barely conscious person? It was seen from the KTFO person's perspective..... Think maybe that was Cap actually REMEMBERING?

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
yeah, I'm guessing that was Dan Dare.

Those Infinity Gems were the wrong color.

How'd Thanos get back? Or is that a Thanos from another "when"? I just don't see Thanos chilling on Titan like that. Neither he or The Titan Eternals would be too happy about that arrangement.

Wasn't there a scene in the other Avengers book where Iron Man, Reed, Strange, TChalla and Namor were standing over some barely conscious person? It was seen from the KTFO person's perspective..... Think maybe that was Cap actually REMEMBERING?

that is correct, in Avengers #1 . Cap was having nightmares seeing Reed, Namor, Black Bolt, and Panther standing over him.

and later when him & Tony were discussing membership and Cap asked about Dr. Strange, Tony told him he was 'busy' giving him the :smugfavre:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
that is correct, in Avengers #1 . Cap was having nightmares seeing Reed, Namor, Black Bolt, and Panther standing over him.

and later when him & Tony were discussing membership and Cap asked about Dr. Strange, Tony told him he was 'busy' giving him the :smugfavre:

They pulled an Identity Crisis on Cap like the JLA did to Batman.
I agree that Captain America was not a good fit in the Illuminati mainly because of his idealism but I sure that this little mindwipe is going to bite them in the ass when it all comes out. And honestly Beast is not that far removed from Cap in the idealism department so I don't see how he is supposed to fit on the group any better.
I would be curious to see the Iluminati have to deal with one of the major super-villains that straddles that grey line and don't really consider themselves bad guys. A meeting with Doom or Magneto (or even Cyclops) would be interesting just to see Doom throw the groups inherent hypocrisy back in their faces.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
They pulled an Identity Crisis on Cap like the JLA did to Batman.
I agree that Captain America was not a good fit in the Illuminati mainly because of his idealism but I sure that this little mindwipe is going to bite them in the ass when it all comes out. And honestly Beast is not that far removed from Cap in the idealism department so I don't see how he is supposed to fit on the group any better.
I would be curious to see the Iluminati have to deal with one of the major super-villains that straddles that grey line and don't really consider themselves bad guys. A meeting with Doom or Magneto (or even Cyclops) would be interesting just to see Doom throw the groups inherent hypocrisy back in their faces.

so really, we have the colliding earths and red skies from Crisis, and BatCap just got mindwiped by the Illuminati.

And honestly, if you wanted to pick a Mutant rep for Illuminati, I would have gone with Magneto. Henry doesn't really bring anything that teh group doesn't already have. Except maybe bioengineering.

I guess we needed an everyman's perspective to watch the gods punch each other from.

Which is exactly what Henry did this issue.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
so really, we have the colliding earths and red skies from Crisis, and BatCap just got mindwiped by the Illuminati.

And honestly, if you wanted to pick a Mutant rep for Illuminati, I would have gone with Magneto. Henry doesn't really bring anything that teh group doesn't already have. Except maybe bioengineering.

I guess we needed an everyman's perspective to watch the gods punch each other from.

Which is exactly what Henry did this issue.

Since Beast only got invited in because of his having the mind gem it got me to thinking of who would have been a better option that Prof. X would have left the gem to and I keep coming back to Storm instead of Beast.

And another thing about this issue of New Avengers...established history has shown that the INfinity Gems can't be destroyed so I am doubting they are gone and also once Cap had the INfinity Gauntlet he became onmipotent. He should have known about the mindwiping just because he would have seen that possible future already and also should have read it in the other Illuminati members minds that they were leaning towards doing him dirty.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish they would have given the spot to Cyclops instead of Beast. It would have been a more interesting choice following AvX, and it would make sense that Xavier would trust Cyke more than Beast. Who would have known that Cyke would get possessed by a cosmic entity and kill his surrogate father.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish they would have given the spot to Cyclops instead of Beast. It would have been a more interesting choice following AvX, and it would make sense that Xavier would trust Cyke more than Beast. Who would have known that Cyke would get possessed by a cosmic entity and kill his surrogate father.

What you're saying makes way more sense but it doesn't fit the "Cyclops is an evil fukk up" narrative Marvel has been pushing (that nobody is buying).

Jack Martinez

Rookie
Daps
Wooo, that Secret Avengers Finale was boo boo.

Remender's run was such a disappointment.

Plus is "you know who" dead?

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
He should have known about the mindwiping just because he would have seen that possible future already and also should have read it in the other Illuminati members minds that they were leaning towards doing him dirty.

Nah. It's been established that people don't adapt to all the powers of the infinity gauntlet right away and it's overwhelming at first. Nebula didn't know what to do with it when she had it. Warlock and Thanos got the drop on Magus when he got it because he didn't realize he didn't have the reality gem. Cap is just a human who doesn't have enhanced intelligence or cosmic senses or anything. It would make sense that it's too much for him to fully perceive and utilize for the first few minutes.