Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Made female Thor beat all these villains that Thor and Odin struggled against. Emasculated those two characters and the entire Thor mythos. They are celebrating her death.

He's been shytting on Odin for a minute, so there's no suprise there, and he wants janethor to have a lasting impression(which I honestly think won't happen unless he keeps her in the limelight somehow.) I just wish these writers could prop up their fan projects without shytting on or somehow outdoing others. Lunella can't just be smart, she has to be the smartest in the world. The midnight angeld can't just be tactical, tchalla has to be a wimp too.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
He's been shytting on Odin for a minute, so there's no suprise there, and he wants janethor to have a lasting impression(which I honestly think won't happen unless he keeps her in the limelight somehow.) I just wish these writers could prop up their fan projects without shytting on or somehow outdoing others. Lunella can't just be smart, she has to be the smartest in the world. The midnight angeld can't just be tactical, tchalla has to be a wimp too.
Greg Pak is one of the WOATs at this. He will screw over any character in favor of his pet favorites.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I think I'm about to drop Batman. I'm getting tired of the focus on Batman and Catwoman's relationship. If the next issue is dedicated to it again, I'm dropping it.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think I'm about to drop Batman. I'm getting tired of the focus on Batman and Catwoman's relationship. If the next issue is dedicated to it again, I'm dropping it.
Batman is focused on Batman/Bruce character
Detective Comics is focused on the Batman universe

same thing with Superman and Action Comics

I read Tom King is trying to do one hundred issues so expect the Bruce/Selina relationship to be the major focal point of his run.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps

I read Tom King is trying to do one hundred issues so expect the Bruce/Selina relationship to be the major focal point of his run.

Detective Comics current run is one of the best runs in comics.

The action, the wild dynamics/roster of the team, the wild storylines, the villains. It would be an awesome action packed movie if DCEU would stop smoking crack n drinking Everclear.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Bendis having the street team incarnation of New Avengers beat Count Nefaria ass like a jobber still angers me YEARS later.

:heh: the fact that he used characters and concepts straight from the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition (the one that fit in the 3 ring binder), which in itself had characters drawn by folks who never read comics....

and Marvel Editorial let that shyt slide.....

THAT"S the exact moment I hated Bendis, and I've hated him ever since.

It's actually why Nefaria went back to that tuxedo look when he hadn't worn that shyt since he appeared in Iron Man

edit: shyt was published in 1994

th_countNafaria.jpg

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Detective Comics current run is one of the best runs in comics.

The action, the wild dynamics/roster of the team, the wild storylines, the villains. It would be an awesome action packed movie if DCEU would stop smoking crack n drinking Everclear.
If they were to adopt what they are doing in Detective Comics on film they would need to make a couple of movies to set everything up first.
Also we haven't even got the solo Batman movie yet.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh: the fact that he used characters and concepts straight from the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition (the one that fit in the 3 ring binder), which in itself had characters drawn by folks who never read comics....

and Marvel Editorial let that shyt slide.....

THAT"S the exact moment I hated Bendis, and I've hated him ever since.

It's actually why Nefaria went back to that tuxedo look when he hadn't worn that shyt since he appeared in Iron Man

edit: shyt was published in 1994

th_countNafaria.jpg
Guys like Bendis go back and pull from when they were just readers. I noticed that older readers that are in his age group tend to like those callbacks.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan

Good to know. Batman dropped, picking up Detective Comics.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Everyones the smartest there is in Marvel.
Lol

Moon Girl is actually my sons favorite character. Which is surprising cause he dont like shyt!!!
:beli: