Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
:heh: the fact that he used characters and concepts straight from the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition (the one that fit in the 3 ring binder), which in itself had characters drawn by folks who never read comics....

and Marvel Editorial let that shyt slide.....

THAT"S the exact moment I hated Bendis, and I've hated him ever since.

It's actually why Nefaria went back to that tuxedo look when he hadn't worn that shyt since he appeared in Iron Man

edit: shyt was published in 1994

th_countNafaria.jpg

I’d like to see Kurt Busiek get another run with the Avengers. He used damn near EVERY AVENGER in his epic run. He made villains be big deals. He woulda never jobbed out Nefaria, Morgan Le Fay, or Ultron like Bendis did. Busiek has me hype for bums like Moses Magnum n Imus Champion!!!

:russ:

My fav of his run was when he had The Thunderbolts and every Avenger who was under Marvel fighting Count Nefaria. Nefaria beat the hell outta EVERYBODY while talkin reckless. Even da heavy hitters like Thor n Vision!

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I’d like to see Kurt Busiek get another run with the Avengers. He used damn near EVERY AVENGER in his epic run. He made villains be big deals. He woulda never jobbed out Nefaria, Morgan Le Fay, or Ultron like Bendis did. Busiek has me hype for bums like Moses Magnum n Imus Champion!!!

:russ:

:whew: there's nothing better than seeing some obscure character used right. (not like they did with The Orb)

(still haven't seen my dawg Oort the Living Comet yet. :mjcry:)

My fav of his run was when he had The Thunderbolts and every Avenger who was under Marvel fighting Count Nefaria. Nefaria beat the hell outta EVERYBODY while talkin reckless. Even da heavy hitters like Thor n Vision!

Yeah, Nefaria should be around Blue Marvel level, honestly. Somewhere between Herald and Pre-IG Thanos level.

:mjlol: I remember doing the math on another message board yeeeeeaaarrrs ago. Dude's base level strength was like class 3000 (100 times original power man's class 30)

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Bendis should NEVER write anything passed street level. He butchers characters past that level. But he's DC's and Superman's problem now.

I'm repping you just for typing it out.

We free. brehs.

free.

:mjcry:

Watch Superman read like Jim Lee wrote it. :mjlol:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bendis should NEVER write anything passed street level. He butchers characters past that level. But he's DC's and Superman's problem now.
I was worried at first but I was listening to a podcast featuring him and you could really hear his enthusiasm for the character. I think he strives on characters he grew up on.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Go back and listen to word balloon where he was talking about civil war 2

Bendis can pitch his garbage
Civil War 2 was destined to be garbage. I'll give him a chance with Superman just for the simple fact that it's something he wants to do and not being made to do. Also he knows he gotta come correct with the hype or he'll be crucified by the fans.