Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
When Panther blew up his own throne because of a Doom Bot sitting upon it.
:wow:

Hope they give Narcisse a ongoing Panther run.
TNC is writing Captain America and Storm solos I believe. It would only make sense to transition Narcisse to the main BP book. Four issues in and I've never seen a writer with more passion for the character, ever.

It's essentially like if you combined Hudlin's heart and soul for blackness, with the writing talent of Priest, and the sci-fi tech showmanship of Hickman.

This is literally the best I've ever seen the character written. And i was a young bull reading Priest's stuff in '99.

If Evans can get more than 6 fukking issues, and can get the green light to start telling original stories in current continuity... oh boy

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
TNC is writing Captain America and Storm solos I believe. It would only make sense to transition Narcisse to the main BP book. Four issues in and I've never seen a writer with more passion for the character, ever.

It's essentially like if you combined Hudlin's heart and soul for blackness, with the writing talent of Priest, and the sci-fi tech showmanship of Hickman.

This is literally the best I've ever seen the character written. And i was a young bull reading Priest's stuff in '99.

If Evans can get more than 6 fukking issues, and can get the green light to start telling original stories in current continuity... oh boy

Who knows It worked for Hudlin.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
After reading the Infinity Siblings, I kind of see why Starlin was in his feelings. The story is very similar to the current arc of the on-going, but makes more sense in how it is executed, in my opinion.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Who knows It worked for Hudlin.
True. Unfortunately Marvel is already wasting the BP relaunch on the 'galactic empire' thing that has zero buzz and started as a random throwaway page in Secret Empire. So that means another 5-6 issues/months for that storyline to run its course before any realistic handover can happen.

So hopefully they give him another BP project to work on in the meantime, otherwise he may be sitting on the sidelines for half a year [or more] waiting is turn.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
True. Unfortunately Marvel is already wasting the BP relaunch on the 'galactic empire' thing that has zero buzz and started as a random throwaway page in Secret Empire. So that means another 5-6 issues/months for that storyline to run its course before any realistic handover can happen.

So hopefully they give him another BP project to work on in the meantime, otherwise he may be sitting on the sidelines for half a year [or more] waiting is turn.
The Galactic Empire is a VERY big character development for Black Panther and his mythos. Just wish Coates wasn't writing it.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Have any of you guys read Batman #44? Reading it and I like the relationship between Bruce and Selena.

That it is Coates writing it is why I'll be reserving judgement for how big it'll be for the mytho
Yeah, I HATE that he has to write it. So much potential for Black excellence in the cosmos. :wow:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Have any of you guys read Batman #44? Reading it and I like the relationship between Bruce and Selena.

Yeah, I HATE that he has to write it. So much potential for Black excellence in the cosmos. :wow:

On one hand BP #171 *could* be looked back at months from now as a turning point for TNC's run. It was essentially Marvel saying undo all your season 1 bullshyt and make things akin to the MCU version...

On the other hand, I know better than to give him the benefit of the doubt on anything. I didn't care much for the solicits of issue 2 of galactic empire either

BLACK PANTHER #2
TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • DANIEL ACUNA (A/C)
Variant Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
MANY THOUSANDS GONE PART 2 FROM TA-NEHISI COATES & DANIEL ACUNA!
T’Challa is a stranger in a strange land. With no memory of his past, there is only the suffering of the present – in the Vibranium mines of an unfamiliar empire. But all hope is not lost. A rebellion is growing--and they have a plan. But who will lead these lost citizens? Where is the Black Panther?
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

I guess he's an amnesia-struck slave working in the vibranium mines who joins a rebellion against alien slave master oppressors? :ld:

Ehhh.. i have zero expectations for this to be good but perhaps he'll surprise ppl like he did with #171. Hopefully BP will simply have good showings in Jason Aaron's Avengers book in the meantime, so that i'll have something to look forward to once Evans mini ends.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
On one hand BP #171 *could* be looked back at months from now as a turning point for TNC's run. It was essentially Marvel saying undo all your season 1 bullshyt and make things akin to the MCU version...

On the other hand, I know better than to give him the benefit of the doubt on anything. I didn't care much for the solicits of issue 2 of galactic empire either

I guess he's an amnesia-struck slave working in the vibranium mines who joins a rebellion against alien slave master oppressors? :ld:

Ehhh.. i have zero expectations for this to be good but perhaps he'll surprise ppl like he did with #171. Hopefully BP will simply have good showings in Jason Aaron's Avengers book in the meantime, so that i'll have something to look forward to once Evans mini ends.

We could've gotten...

1. Black Panther and Wakanda bossing up on the Kree and Skrull empire. :banderas:

2. Breaking deals with the Sh'ier empire. :smugbiden:

3. Outwitting Thanos and gaining Thanos respect.:obama:

4. Many alien civilizations calling Wakanda the most dangerous civilization in the known galaxy.:demonic:

5. Galactus aiding Wakanda out of respect for Black Panther(and Ultimates) making him the Life Bringing.:salute:

6. Black Panther sitting at the table with some of the galaxies most influential figures. Because that's how much T'Challa is respected. :wow:

7. Many aliens wanting to become Wakandan citizens due to how much of a paradise it is.:blessed:

8. Planet Bast being a home base for heros in the cosmos. :youngsabo:

9. An upgraded Black Panther suit that allows him to take on more dangerous cosmic foes. :bustback:

10. Wakanda becoming the richest empire EVER thanks to Vibranium trade and having a monopoly on it.:ahh:

BUT NO................... We don't get Black Excellence in the galaxy. No... We get some lame and corny stereotypical slave narrative only this time in space... :camby:

I'll give the first issue a chance then if its back then its back to pirating that shyt.:camby:

On another note...Speaking of Aaron Those white comic nerds want that nikkas HEAD.:laff::laff::laff:
If you think what Coates did to Black Panther is bad?:laff:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reading JL #42 and man... Priest is such a c00n.

But i still like his stories.
:russ: I was more bothered by Cyborg's look than anything else. Can't how he is drawn

Speaking of Cy, issue 21 of his book wasn't bad. It's a part 1 so it's just a setting up but I liked what I read look forward to see if it will be a good arc or not.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
We could've gotten...

1. Black Panther and Wakanda bossing up on the Kree and Skrull empire. :banderas:

2. Breaking deals with the Sh'ier empire. :smugbiden:

3. Outwitting Thanos and gaining Thanos respect.:obama:

4. Many alien civilizations calling Wakanda the most dangerous civilization in the known galaxy.:demonic:

5. Galactus aiding Wakanda out of respect for Black Panther(and Ultimates) making him the Life Bringing.:salute:

6. Black Panther sitting at the table with some of the galaxies most influential figures. Because that's how much T'Challa is respected. :wow:

7. Many aliens wanting to become Wakandan citizens due to how much of a paradise it is.:blessed:

8. Planet Bast being a home base for heros in the cosmos. :youngsabo:

9. An upgraded Black Panther suit that allows him to take on more dangerous cosmic foes. :bustback:

10. Wakanda becoming the richest empire EVER thanks to Vibranium trade and having a monopoly on it.:ahh:

BUT NO................... We don't get Black Excellence in the galaxy. No... We get some lame and corny stereotypical slave narrative only this time in space... :camby:

I'll give the first issue a chance then if its back then its back to pirating that shyt.:camby:

On another note...Speaking of Aaron Those white comic nerds want that nikkas HEAD.:laff::laff::laff:
If you think what Coates did to Black Panther is bad?:laff:

What did he do?