Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I don’t get it breh. And what makes it worse is if you know how publishing works, these ideas have been in the works for years. shyt doesn’t just happen. It costs too much for shyt like that to just happen.

Like when peter unmasked in civil war and they said this would bring years worth of stories to tell with a peter Parker who had no secret identity. Then one fukking year later they put that genie back in the bottle with one more day. :russ: That decision didn’t happen at that moment. It happened at least a year or two before. So they knew they had no intentions of telling stories about peter being unmasked. They just sold us the bill of goods. :francis:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I don’t get it breh. And what makes it worse is if you know how publishing works, these ideas have been in the works for years. shyt doesn’t just happen. It costs too much for shyt like that to just happen.

Like when peter unmasked in civil war and they said this would bring years worth of stories to tell with a peter Parker who had no secret identity. Then one fukking year later they put that genie back in the bottle with one more day. :russ: That decision didn’t happen at that moment. It happened at least a year or two before. So they knew they had no intentions of telling stories about peter being unmasked. They just sold us the bill of goods. :francis:
:scust:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Oh...you don’t like his take?

Coates himself said he didn't feel T'Challa was real enough ("too much like Shaft) he basically wants to do the opposite of what other people have done with the character. Most of the brehs here hate his run on the book and I can see why.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Coates himself said he didn't feel T'Challa was real enough ("too much like Shaft) he basically wants to do the opposite of what other people have done with the character. Most of the people here hate his run on the book and I can see why.

Word...I read an issue but haven’t kept up. So he took him away from the black James Bond shyt?

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Nah, I don't know if I'ma fukk with DC 'events" from here on- yeah we all know I'm lying.

But you can't have an event and leave gaps in the shipping schedule like that while your "regular" books still tell regular stories. Breaks the narrative. Book comes out, you don't even care anymore.

Marvel has same problem too. I don’t know if it’s the artist or the editors but they really need to rethink the way they big events.