Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
That's the way to go these days and do it through Comixology. Wait for reviews on the story arcs and then wait for sales. A lot of what both companies put out looks like garbage and you'll go broke trying to keep up with it every week.

I just bought my first comic the day of release for the first time in over 18 months. :skip:

I'll probably buy the new Infinity series on release tho.

But yea, trades are the way. My spot sells them for 40% off cover price. If not there, Amazon or even cons where they're mostly half off.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
It was.... some weird shyt in Avengers. They basically threw Pym in the bushes when the Ant-Man movie came out. You know how marvel is.

I've always had this theory that when Adam wiped out his own future to prevent The Magus from coming about, that he wiped out an absolute set in stone future.

The Universe compensates for this in a few ways:

Adam and Thanos are outside of the influence of things like Chaos and Order. (prolly just Adam now, since Thanos has been Movie-tized).

The Magus HAS to exist, because he has to. He's inevitable. The timeline where The Universal Church of Truth came to be was wiped out completely. Adam never got mindraped by The In-Betweener. But The Magus was supposed to exist, so he does. I kinda feel like if The Magus doesn't exist or dies, The Universe will simply create another one. It seems like it has, at least 4 times.

Sort of like how Adam dies, then just magically pops back up, even though folks like Galactus will kill him and be surprised when he just.... reappears.

3246428-9249008328-vsgal.jpg

3246429-8976299196-vsgal.jpg

:russ: turk, at this point, has to be one of the most important nikkas in marvel history.

My REAL questions after reading the issue....

1. Why are the gems different colors now?

oh, I'm sorry. "Stones." :stopitslime:

2. :russ: they petty asses REALLY drew DC's Shazam/Captain Marvel holing a gem
It was a good read. Hopefully the event is solid.

I read that Shazam thing. Maybe we'll get another DC/Marvel crossover in the future. :ohhh:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I just bought my first comic the day of release for the first time in over 18 months. :skip:

But yea, trades are the way. My spot sells them for 40% off cover price. If not there, Amazon or even cons where they're mostly half off.
I'm digital all the way. So much cheaper if you're checking Amazon and Comixology and I don't want to devote any more shelf space to them. I don't bother checking places like Barnes and Noble or Books A Million, but they often have sales as well. They just aren't as good as online sales.

Did recently buy a stack of physical trade paperbacks because an outlet store in my area bought literally a truck's worth of DC books, and were marking them all down to $3, 4, and 5. :ohlawd:

teacher

All Star
Daps

I'm digital all the way. So much cheaper if you're checking Amazon and Comixology and I don't want to devote any more shelf space to them. I don't bother checking places like Barnes and Noble or Books A Million, but they often have sales as well. They just aren't as good as online sales.

Did recently buy a stack of physical trade paperbacks because an outlet store in my area bought literally a truck's worth of DC books, and were marking them all down to $3, 4, and 5. :ohlawd:

yall missing out on alot of Key issues. With online it’s alot easier to see what MIGHT be worth something in the future but worse case scenario you can make a quick flip now on ebay. When something is sold out at midtown it might be worth something then you can hit up various comic forums and see what they have to say :yeshrug:

I just got into grading and it’s kind of fun to see if you can pick a 9.8.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
yall missing out on alot of Key issues. With online it’s alot easier to see what MIGHT be worth something in the future but worse case scenario you can make a quick flip now on ebay. When something is sold out at midtown it might be worth something then you can hit up various comic forums and see what they have to say :yeshrug:

Too much hassle to me. I'm a reader, not a collector. Even when I bought back issues I never cared much about the grading or condition of a book unless it was completely beat up.

Ill be reassessing my collection in the coming months though, trying to put together same cash for the future. I don't have anything of value though, probably just gonna sell it in a lot.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
X-23 with the "All Lives Matter" bullshyt at the end of that last All-New Wolverine issue.
:francis:

:beli:

anyway...

Old Man Hawkeye is (how the kids would say) LIT! after only 2 issues.

Hawkeye is still pretty good. its funny.

Ms.Marvel is still poppin!
with her friends reppin for her in JC while shes gone. thats dope as hell to me!

War Machine Punisher is disturbing.
:merchant:

teacher

All Star
Daps
Too much hassle to me. I'm a reader, not a collector. Even when I bought back issues I never cared much about the grading or condition of a book unless it was completely beat up.

Ill be reassessing my collection in the coming months though, trying to put together same cash for the future. I don't have anything of value though, probably just gonna sell it in a lot.

Well I’ll tell you cop Thanos 16 and the 2nd print of 15 (drops 2/28) the streets are loving cosmic ghost rider and with infinity war dropping all I can see is Thanos comics going up especially if the quality of the movie is similar to BP. The way it’s going BP might be the next Deadpool if people can look past the skin color.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

Nah,man, I'll never get into digital. I need the physical copy. I only read digital for shyt I don't care to buy.

I'm a collector, but not like those hardcore cats. I only buy shyt that interests me.

Just bought some trades for 6 bucks. One was a volume of 100 Bullets with 20 issues collected. :whew:

I'm not a digital guy. :ld: