Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Essential Black Panther Part One @ Comics Bulletin
http://www.comicsbulletin.com/columns/4732/the-essential-black-panther-part-two/
http://comicsbulletin.com/columns/4740/the-essential-black-panther-part-three/
bp%20cover.jpg

McGregor: I love that one too. I love that scene because it was so totally different from the previous three issues, this time of love and passion, with all the superb visuals against this beautiful background, and with the graceful movements of the giant tortoises. The sequence had some friction at the Bullpen, but the most telling line no one ever said anything about. I never thought I’d get it through. Pages after they have been swimming, and they are embracing, and there is this orgasmic burst behind them, T’Challs says, “You’re beautiful when you’re wet.”

How that got by, I’ll never know.

One of the proofreaders thought there was nipple bumps on the silhouette of Monica. Nipples are apparently always a demarcation point. It had passed editorial, and now in the Bullpen, someone was going to use whiteout on Billy’s art. Since I was there I was able to defend the art, and the claim that “We are not publishing books for sailors!” I’m not making that up. There were things like that behind the scenes. There's no incentive to get your books in early, at least in that stage of time. If you're doing something where the books were … we were doing material that weren't traditional to comics or pop culture at that time. I was basically called into the editorial conference for book after book after book. When this particular one came out, it not only got through editorial but then when the artwork would come in, I would always make sure it would arrive on the day it had to go out. Less time for anyone to fukk with the book. They had to really want to make the change, and there was seldom anything important enough, I guess, for them to hold the book up.
bp4.jpg

Because I knew John Verpooten would be overseeing it, and unless it was something really, that they just couldn't live with, or the Code wouldn't let go through, or whatever the thing was, then it had to go out that day and I would make sure I was in the office that day. It was a fight; every issue was a fight. To get the book the reader would hold in their hands, that would become the reality of the books we’re discussing decades later, to get that issue as close to the vision you had in your head, to the book you could live with.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Why are they letting Bendis write the new Guardians of the Galaxy ongoing series?

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Newsflash! Superman and Wonder Woman to enter into a full blown romance!
2saymhh.jpg

Writer Geoff Johns hints that some event — possibly tragic — will impact every member of the Justice League, and cause Superman and Wonder Woman to seek solace in each other and move from super-powered colleagues to power couple. This is no one-issue stunt: “This is the new status quo,” says Johns, adding that the relationship will have a seismic impact on all the heroes and villains in the DC universe.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf: happened to the R=G thread???

Nobody reading non superhero books.......like Saga and Revival those are pretty good

Yeah, as I gotten older I found myself liking the non superhero stuff more. Dark Horse Present is my favorite series out now. I've been meaning to get into Unwritten and Saga. Li'l Depressed Boy is a pretty good book also

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Why is it so hard to write a good superman story!? Superman in the new 52 completely sucks! (Not sure if he sucked before the reboot too.)

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Nobody reading non superhero books.......like Saga and Revival those are pretty good

Saga is rreally good. The universe/characters that Brian K. Vaughan has created is really cool and visually striking.

You never read All Star Superman:myman:

All Star Superman was great and the early issues of Action Comics showing the young SUperman/Clark Kent in the New 52 DC were really good.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Guess we can all assume that Cyclops and Emma Frost make out of AVX alive based off this cover for the All New X-Men comic:
11aabg7.jpg

I wonder who the random civilians are supposed to be in the background?

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC launching new Justice League of America book from Geoff Johns and David Finch to run alongside the curent Johns written Justice League comic. This JLA book feautres a government sponsored team made up of: Martian Manhunter, Stargirl, Green Arrow, Katana, Hawkman, Baz (the new Arab Green Lantern), Catwoman, Vibe and Steve Trevor.

25f21yg.jpg