Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I'll look in the future. Not trying to add more single issues to my list; especially a long series. :sadcam:

EDIT: There are 3 volumes collecting 1-37 with some other issues involved. That's about half of the series. Last one dropped in Jan '17. Hopefully they didn't stop.

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I am a storm fan and i can tell you a lot of times her book is not adequately pushed by Marvel and is giving sub par writers and artist to produce it. Wonder Woman is regularly giving top writers and artist and still struggles. Batgirl, powergirl, supergirl, have never been in the top ten comics selling off the shelves and while never been cancelled they have never been a huge draw.
I see Supergirl drawing as of recently. But we'll see what Coates does with Storm.

What ever happened to Shi? The girl with Geisha look from the 90s? She was real popular on the Indy scene.
Don't know. All I know Cass was a legit :demonic: who can outright kill Batman in H2H and can take on Deathstroke. She would have a better show than Elektra if done right.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
I see Supergirl drawing as of recently. But we'll see what Coates does with Storm.

Don't know. All I know Cass was a legit :demonic: who can outright kill Batman in H2H and can take on Deathstroke. She would have a better show than Elektra if done right.

I have no faith in Coates, i was very unimpressed with his black panther run and his complete disregard for panther continuity. If he does that with storm i won't bother picking up the book.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I have no faith in Coates, i was very unimpressed with his black panther run and his complete disregard for panther continuity. If he does that with storm i won't bother picking up the book.
DIFFERENCES is that Coates LIKES Storm unlike Panther. More importantly Storm fits with his agenda than Panther does.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
DIFFERENCES is that Coates LIKES Storm unlike Panther. More importantly Storm fits with his agenda than Panther does.

The first part i was unaware of but the second part that is what bothers me. America Chavez is was a quality character in young avengers and even in the ultimates but in her own book she is terrible under the pen of Gabby Rivera who not only likes her but fits her agenda. I am just weary of how he is going to write her and how he is going to deal with the x-men continuity that comes with her because we already had one knuckle head named Bendis disregard it at every turn.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not really, Wally has been pushed off into the titans book and giving a pace maker so he can't compete with barry. Miles doesn't work in the 616 with peter alive or any universe where peter parker has spider powers and is active. Giving him his own mantle may finally get writers to actually do their jobs and create a quality rogues gallery for him and make him win his battles besides resorting to spamming his venom blast.
Jay and berry.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yea they have some and some I like but not compared to DC.

DC has more heavyweights from Harley Quinn, Supergirl, Powergirl, Catwoman, Black Canary, Batgirl(Cass), Batgirl(Barbara), Lady Shiva, Starfire, Raven, Zatana, Donna Troy, Huntress, Big Barda. Wonder Woman just makes it a no competition. If WW were to be cancelled DC would still be okay with their female star power. And the characters are more organic and NOT artificial like that cow Carol Danvers(cant believe I use to defend her).

You forgot Poison Ivy and Talia al Ghul.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
I'm trying to expand my reading from Marvel and DC. Anything from Image, Dark Horse,etc y'all recommend?

Hellboy is good from dark horse, you can pick up early invincible in trades from image also i enjoyed jupiter's legacy which has finished and should be in trade to so you get to read it without wait five to six months. Boomstudios finished up godshaper which i really enjoyed.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
My point is that the flash has characters with the same name and has done it for years. I don't know where you are trying to go with this?

And each one of those characters do not carry their own book, they may have the title but get none of the respect or billing it is a demotion something you said you did not like concerning Miles.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Yea they have some and some I like but not compared to DC.

DC has more heavyweights from Harley Quinn, Supergirl, Powergirl, Catwoman, Black Canary, Batgirl(Cass), Batgirl(Barbara), Lady Shiva, Starfire, Raven, Zatana, Donna Troy, Huntress, Big Barda. Wonder Woman just makes it a no competition. If WW were to be cancelled DC would still be okay with their female star power. And the characters are more organic and NOT artificial like that cow Carol Danvers(cant believe I use to defend her).

giphy.gif

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And each one of those characters do not carry their own book, they may have the title but get none of the respect or billing it is a demotion something you said you did not like concerning Miles.
??
I was just giving an example when you said no character does that.