Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Only chicks you listed that were sexy was Domino and Black Cat. Black Cat who is a bootleg Catwoman. Jean Grey's boring ass is not sexy.
Jean isn't sexy but Rogue definitely is. And you put her against any female character in comic history..even the Michael Turner Witchblade and J Scott Campbell Fairchild from the late 90s.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Harley has more popularity than those Marvel characters you listed. You find her terrible but most do not. She earned her spot and is one of the biggest female comic boo characters today. Some of these cac female nerds like her more than WW.

popularity =/= quality, but in that case jessica jones has to be added into that equation based on her current popularity with those same cac female nerds, who don't actually read comics. i don't use popularity as measuring stick for the quality of the characters i posted, i used the stories they are in and their development overtime.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
popularity =/= quality, but in that case jessica jones has to be added into that equation based on her current popularity with those same cac female nerds, who don't actually read comics. i don't use popularity as measuring stick for the quality of the characters i posted, i used the stories they are in and their development overtime.
I don't know any cac female nerds online that are crazy about Jessica Jones. And they must be quality if they are so popular.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Also most Marvel female characters are either X-Men characters or were born(publication history) on some other team. Which is why they don't do well when they have their own series. Only a few do well...

That is true but a character's worth shouldn't be held entirely on rather or not they can sustain their own book because their are multiple things that go in to sustain a book besides the character.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
That is true but a character's worth shouldn't be held entirely on rather or not they can sustain their own book because their are multiple things that go in to sustain a book besides the character.
Sustaining your own book is important. Its shows whether or not you have a solid fanbase and are truly capable of being the next thing. Go ask Storm fans...

Harley, Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Supergirl and Batgirl all had long series.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
DC should do a Batgirl flick using the one that never talked. I forgot her name, but she took up the mantel after Babs got stiffed. Her backstory, her personality, mannerisms, and ability are top notch.

Of course DC would probably fukk it up. Try to make her their MCU Black Widow. :francis:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
DC should do a Batgirl flick using the one that never talked. I forgot her name, but she took up the mantel after Babs got stiffed. Her backstory, her personality, mannerisms, and ability are top notch.

Of course DC would probably fukk it up. Try to make her their MCU Black Widow. :francis:
Are you talking about Cassandra Cain? If so she's the GOAT Batgirl and one of my favorites.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Sustaining your own book is important. Its shows whether or not you have a solid fanbase and are truly capable of being the next thing. Go ask Storm fans...

Harley, Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Supergirl and Batgirl all had long series.

I am a storm fan and i can tell you a lot of times her book is not adequately pushed by Marvel and is giving sub par writers and artist to produce it. Wonder Woman is regularly giving top writers and artist and still struggles. Batgirl, powergirl, supergirl, have never been in the top ten comics selling off the shelves and while never been cancelled they have never been a huge draw.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps

Cassandra was great, and her dynamic with bruce was awesome. The way dc through her in the bushes was wrong