Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I hear a lot of people want to know how Miles will progress in Bendis' absence, but I'm more interested in what will be done with Riri's character. Right now her character is very stale. She's the most Mary Sueish character I've ever read. She has had absolutely no setbacks in her story. By this time Miles had already lost his mom and the resolve to continue being Spider-Man. I hope they can do something interesting with her, especially now that Tony Stark is conscience again.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I hear a lot of people want to know how Miles will progress in Bendis' absence, but I'm more interested in what will be done with Riri's character. Right now her character is very stale. She's the most Mary Sueish character I've ever read. She has had absolutely no setbacks in her story. By this time Miles had already lost his mom and the resolve to continue being Spider-Man. I hope they can do something interesting with her, especially now that Tony Stark is conscience again.

If shes lucky she'll end up like Elijah. Unlucky and she the next alex wilder. Honestly they need to hitch her to a teen team until they figure out what to do with her

Last edited:

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Where can i read comics online? Is their a app for it?:francis:
I need to get back on my comic game:whoo:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Riri was really an unnecessary character. Versions of her were already in the iron man mythos so she can rot in limbo

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

I have a running joke that Bendis peeked at the script and straight up jacked Ryan Coogler's idea for MCU Shuri ( "young black girl who rivals Tony Stark's intellect") and dubbed her "Riri".

But it's not a joke because i actually believe that shyt in my heart of hearts :pachaha:

And Riri was just his damage control response for killing off Rhodey... Marvel's editor in chief admitted as much before she was formally introduced. And they killed Rhodey b/c you can't have Captain Marvel known for fukking Don Cheadle (:mjpls:)

Riri was made just to distract us from that, and i doubt he ever had any plans for ol girl other than taking credit for bringing forth the concept.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They really could've just gave the armor to Rhodey's... was that his sister? or niece? From his last mini series. But doing so would serve as a reminder of Rhodey... and we can't have that! Hence why they killed off the Hulk right after to overshadow Rhodey's death, so he'd become an after thought for an event they swore his death was necessary for. (it wasn't).

Riri is probably in trouble, long term. Miles has already crossed over to mainstream, so there's value in him even without the character protection. He'll be a presence in mainstream media, even if his comic sales fall.

Riri however...