Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
main-qimg-c7e30950790835ed0cc3211d7043405b-c

1138640-xman1.jpg
50221d27847cf6d5f54dcfa034397013--nate-grey-amazing-spider.jpg
x-man is the best thing to come from AoA.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Two thoughts:
  1. It's finally time to see if Miles Morales can stay afloat without the luxuries of Bendis and A+ artists, both of which he's had since his inception. I'm rooting for the kid, as Bendis has made him stagnant. But I also wonder what will happen to his character protection.
  2. Bendis's magnus opus (outside of Ultimate Spider-Man) was his new avengers run from 04-10 (House of M, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Seige). After that, it was clear to me he had nothing left to tell, and was just bullshytting and doubling-down on his Bendisms for the past 7 years. With some exceptions.

and it was trash :stylin:

After daredevil he can drink cold piss and die :piss:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It'd be cool to have Hickman come back to Marvel, although at times a good (or great) comic book writer can be analogous to a good or great rapper.

The rapper has a certain passion project, i.e. has their It's Dark and Hell is Hot, or their College Dropout/Late Reg/Graduation trilogy, but after that you can tell that they've kinda come full circle. Which isn't to say they can't still come up with something great or compelling. But you get weary of them piecing together trash projects and becoming a caricature of themselves. See Bendis.

Hickman's more talented though, but if/when he does come back I wonder what would be his new calling... or whether it'd be another d-ride fest for Reed and Victor.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It'd be cool to have Hickman come back to Marvel, although at times a good (or great) comic book writer can be analogous to a good or great rapper.

The rapper has a certain passion project, i.e. has their It's Dark and Hell is Hot, or their College Dropout/Late Reg/Graduation trilogy, but after that you can tell that they've kinda come full circle. Which isn't to say they can't still come up with something great or compelling. But you get weary of them piecing together trash projects and becoming a caricature of themselves. See Bendis.

Hickman's more talented though, but if/when he does come back I wonder what would be his new calling... or whether it'd be another d-ride fest for Reed and Victor.

Tom Taylor has been saying he has an announcement on a new series this week, but he didn't say what or where.

I'm hoping he got a marvel title.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't know how I feel about BMB leaving Marvel.

Miles is dope; Miles & Ganke are great and him writing Goldballs with them...the only problem is that the story is a bit stagnant. Hopefully Riri can stay afloat, as well.