Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Why the fukk aren't there more DC heads in here? Tired of always seeing you guys talk about Marvel

This forum has more Marvel fanboys than anything else...but post about DC and see how many responses you get. There is some awesome stuff going on with some of the DC books now. Death of the Family is awesome, the whole Atlantis thing going on in Justice League and Aquaman is cool, Earth One is totally being slept on, Wonder Woman and Batwoman are the shyt, All-Star Western, Green Lantern, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Justice League Dark...all of those are good books.

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just read this old, 4-part Marvel mini-series called Mys-Tech Wars, where basically nikkaz were getting murked left to right. Cyclops got it, Thor, Nick Fury, Spider-man, and a bunch of others...Psylocke got half her fukking face blown off, shyt was crazy....

Jack Martinez

Rookie
Daps
Don't sleep on DC.

Demon Knights, Stormwatch, the upcoming "Atlantis" crossover, Grant

Morrison's "Superman" and his CLASSIC series: BATMAN INC.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read plenty of DC but my interest in it wanes just like it does for Marvel....

I tend to let issues pile up for an entire arc or two before I just read them all in one sitting.

Jack Martinez

Rookie
Daps
This Batman crossover "Death Of The Family" is ass cheeks. So Joker has been in tha Bat Cave?! Joker knows everybody's secret identities?! Joker kills 6 gotham cops wit his bare hands?! I'll pass.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The last GREAT DC book I was reading was Bryan Q Miller's Batgirl (Stephanie Brown). That ish was a fun book and a throwback to comics from my young bul days. I really liked her as a character under his pen. Red Robin was OK, Batman (Grayson) & Robin was cool...I couldn't get into Supes pre or post-The New 52. Wonder Woman was god but it couldn't hold me monthly.

Jack Martinez

Rookie
Daps
The last GREAT DC book I was reading was Bryan Q Miller's Batgirl (Stephanie Brown). That ish was a fun book and a throwback to comics from my young bul days. I really liked her as a character under his pen. Red Robin was OK, Batman (Grayson) & Robin was cool...I couldn't get into Supes pre or post-The New 52. Wonder Woman was god but it couldn't hold me monthly.

My old DC favorite was "Secret Six" by Gail Simone. Ion know why DC felt tha

need 2 cancel it for that weak azz "Suicide Squad" revival.

They say tha New 52 Wonder Woman is pretty good. I was about 2 sit down in

Books-A-Million and read it till some musty homeless nikka started buggin' me, :scusthov:

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Supergirl is a solid read as well imo

Always will check for Batman related books

i have begun reading a lot of older stuff from dc - justice league, green lantern etc from the 60s, 70s as well

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This forum has more Marvel fanboys than anything else...but post about DC and see how many responses you get. There is some awesome stuff going on with some of the DC books now. Death of the Family is awesome, the whole Atlantis thing going on in Justice League and Aquaman is cool, Earth One is totally being slept on, Wonder Woman and Batwoman are the shyt, All-Star Western, Green Lantern, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Justice League Dark...all of those are good books.

Swamp Thing and Animal Man has been :lawd: since issue one. Really loving the Rotworld crossover

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I only read Marvel but I'm not very enthused right now because of how they've fukked up the X-line. shyt is disgusting. Uncanny Avengers is the only good flagship X-book, or half a flagship X-book right now.

And UXM was on fire with Gillen writing it and they ended his run prematurely. And Avengers and New Avengers are great under Hickman, but they've sabotaged and demoted the X-line. :pacspit: