Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just got back from Tokyo a few days ago

overlooking Yokohama from my hotel

ramen from Ippudo, chain from Hakata region....specializes in Tonkotsu style ramen. 8.5 broth, 10.0 pork belly, 8.0 noodles

this was one of my coolest experiences OAT. i went to an indoor amusement park/super arcade...this ride was called Half Pipe Tokyo, a video game/roller coaster hybrid. the riders stand on a board...when you're at the very center of the half pipe...you're supposed to slam on the board so you can do 1080....the further away from the center you hit it, the less spins you do... shyt was :wow:

driving simulators at Joypolis...also had a WRX and some old toyota

rush hour on a subway near Shinjuku district (one of the most populated areas)

shopping area of Shinjuku district

billboard in Shinjuku

headed to Honolulu in a few hours for the week....

You should have hit me up...

Some have be wondering about my living conditions since I moved to my second home from atl to japan. Well here are some pictures

4iluiAe.jpg

QeJb2sx.jpg

1cNdDC5.jpg

LjSsNan.jpg

Jx5AcZe.jpg

C5rXdNL.jpg

WafoxBa.jpg

Whippin it on the wrong side of the road with the steering wheel on the wrong side as well
jwjDtjG.jpg

1eKnvNr.jpg

LflUPUd.jpg

UPk0S5F.jpg

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
what part of Japan is that? Okinawa?
yup, I stay in nago right now while chopping it up with my cousin who is active duty while I figure out where I want to buy a house in tokyo. I was gotanda last for the past few weeks though. I just got back in oki yesterday.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
yup, I stay in nago right now while chopping it up with my cousin who is active duty while I figure out where I want to buy a house in tokyo. I was gotanda last for the past few weeks though. I just got back in oki yesterday.
Why did you move to Japan?

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Just got back from Tokyo a few days ago

overlooking Yokohama from my hotel

ramen from Ippudo, chain from Hakata region....specializes in Tonkotsu style ramen. 8.5 broth, 10.0 pork belly, 8.0 noodles

this was one of my coolest experiences OAT. i went to an indoor amusement park/super arcade...this ride was called Half Pipe Tokyo, a video game/roller coaster hybrid. the riders stand on a board...when you're at the very center of the half pipe...you're supposed to slam on the board so you can do 1080....the further away from the center you hit it, the less spins you do... shyt was :wow:

driving simulators at Joypolis...also had a WRX and some old toyota

rush hour on a subway near Shinjuku district (one of the most populated areas)

shopping area of Shinjuku district

billboard in Shinjuku

headed to Honolulu in a few hours for the week....

I loved Tokyo too, Shinjuku is CRRAAZY

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I'm tired of america and its bullshyt. Everyone talks about leaving, but I actually decided to do it. I understand that most brothers and sisters cant however depending on where they are in life at the moment.

I think he meant "why Japan" specifically. Did you already speak the language or did you have to learn it when you got there?

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm tired of america and its bullshyt. Everyone talks about leaving, but I actually decided to do it. I understand that most brothers and sisters cant however depending on where they are in life at the moment.
are you a teacher?

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Yeah, what @BaldingSoHard said. Why did you choose Japan?

I work for the federal government. I see job postings over there from time to time. I think about putting in for them, but I wonder about the language barrier and the culture shock (if there is any).

Last edited:

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
@Idaeo

What's your top 5 places you've visited?

Southern Thailand
Hong Kong/Macau
Barcelona
Las Vegas
Berlin

Yeah, what @BaldingSoHard but I wonder about the language barrier and the culture shock (if there is any).

Japan is very proud of their language. So you don't see as much English translations in Tokyo as other world class cities. I feel like you gotta learn something if you're gonna live there.

I personally couldn't live in Japan or any other Asian country because of their lack of diversity. Not seeing anyone that looks or talks like me starts to fukk with me after awhile.