Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
No the Ramen was vile, even though the place was recommended in a few books and sites. it wasnt nice at all

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
Brehs how did I miss this thread.
Not in TLR much...

I'm gonna share experiences when I get on a computer tomorrow.

I'm actually taking a trip around the world in July. Was on my bucket list and since I'm single and no kids, I have to.

Would it be okay to private message you. I am currently wrapping up my grad school studies and I'm going to start saving money to for a trip around the world. I need help with the financial aspects of it thou

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Waikiki is still great as I remembered....but they've demolished ALOT of "old school Hawaii" retail and restaurants to clear way for high end malls and hotels.

There used to be this huge flea market with souvenirs, native Hawaiians chipping away wood to make tiki men, cheap asian ethnic food court.... all in the middle of Waikiki

I went looking for it today for this Chinese stirfry spot I used to go to....only to find a guarded construction site :mjcry:

They're building another high end mall with a Saks. The wealthy Japanese tourists run Waikiki and its development. Waikiki is turning into one big Tokyo shopping mall megaplex :to:

I've never been to Waikiki, part of the reason I avoid O'ahu as a whole is because of the large amount of tourist and city life that is Honolulu. As far as the Japanese tourist you are spot on with that statement. I've done Maui twice and thinking about doing Kauai next time to really get away and relax.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
How is Colombia? Thinking about going there for a solo vacation. Thinking about staying 2 weeks.

I have a some what grasp on Spanish also :patrice:

Colombia is dope, some of the most beautiful women on earth, good food, good beaches and a crime rate that is steadily dropping.

It's on my short list of places I will leave the US for.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
I've never been to Waikiki, part of the reason I avoid O'ahu as a whole is because of the large amount of tourist and city life that is Honolulu. As far as the Japanese tourist you are spot on with that statement. I've done Maui twice and thinking about doing Kauai next time to really get away and relax.

While the development in Honolulu can be a bit much...I kinda like the city vibe set upon one of the best beaches in the world. It's a unique place...if you like cities and beaches, you'll love it.

Oahu also has secluded beaches on the east and north shores, jungles and waterfalls....all the island shyt you expect out of Hawaii. A lot of travelers write off Oahu as a straight up tourist destination....it definitely doesn't have to be if you know where to go.

And the food is waaay better on Oahu IMO. there's more options, more authentic hawaiian food, more authentic Asian ethnic spots (Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean, Chinese, etc) and its cheaper. It was hard for me to find good, cheap, authentic ethnic food on Kauai & Maui

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I just got back from San Francisco. Loved it. I'm going to San Diego next. Here are some of my pics.

tumblr_nqgk6zC29t1qzlpcwo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nqgk6zC29t1qzlpcwo2_540.jpg
tumblr_nqgk6zC29t1qzlpcwo3_540.jpg
tumblr_nqgk6zC29t1qzlpcwo4_540.jpg

tumblr_nqgk6zC29t1qzlpcwo5_540.jpg
tumblr_nqgk6zC29t1qzlpcwo6_540.jpg
tumblr_nqgk6zC29t1qzlpcwo7_540.jpg
tumblr_nqgk6zC29t1qzlpcwo8_540.jpg
tumblr_nqgk6zC29t1qzlpcwo9_540.jpg
tumblr_nqgk6zC29t1qzlpcwo10_540.jpg
tumblr_nqgk8fjxNw1qzlpcwo4_540.jpg

tumblr_nqgk8fjxNw1qzlpcwo5_540.jpg