Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I'm tired of america and its bullshyt. Everyone talks about leaving, but I actually decided to do it. I understand that most brothers and sisters cant however depending on where they are in life at the moment.
:wow:

You winning breh. I'm likely headed to Dubai, Mauritius, Belieze, or New Zealand myself. Haven't really decided yet.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
You had any issues being black in Barcelona?
Not at all. People were nice, accommodating, no attitude, or racism.

While people in southern Spain seemed more excited to see & meet black people...Barcelona ppl were still cool to me
Never been there myself but my brother was in the Army reserves and he was over there for like a month. He said it was cool and he no problems.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think he meant "why Japan" specifically. Did you already speak the language or did you have to learn it when you got there?
I dont know the language very well, but my girl who is a native here does and she does most of the translations for me

are you a teacher?
no

How hard is it to immigrate there and obtain residency?
not hard at all. Most of the african brothers here just end up getting married to a japanese local. Some other people just get a job and obtain a work visa.

Yeah, what @BaldingSoHard said. Why did you choose Japan?

I work for the federal government. I see job postings over there from time to time. I think about putting in for them, but I wonder about the language barrier and the culture shock (if there is any).

To tell you the truth I found the language to be very easy to pick up. I been taking spanish from time to time all of my life and I still dont know that language. I started learning japanese from the last time I visited and I found it to be much easier than spanish. There isn't really any culture shock. The locals who don't like outsiders are just that and they wont bother you. There are japanese only spots that don't allow foreigners in, but there are plenty of places that let you in with open arms. The one thing I do like about here is that they dont cater to white people like that. White people are mad they the japanese locals dont bow down to them like other countries do. I know specifically in okinawa most white dudes are mad because majority of the women lust after brothers. They don't know how to act in a country where they aren't at the top of the totem pole. They just hate and talk shyt about everyone else.

:wow:

You winning breh. I'm likely headed to Dubai, Mauritius, Belieze, or New Zealand myself. Haven't really decided yet.

Hey breh, I know how you get down already. You ever visited any of those places before?

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Brehs how did I miss this thread.
Not in TLR much...

I'm gonna share experiences when I get on a computer tomorrow.

I'm actually taking a trip around the world in July. Was on my bucket list and since I'm single and no kids, I have to.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Why isn't this thread sticked?
Move it to the Root and it could get stickied :sas1:

@kp404 @Theraflu what you guys say? Brothers and sisters exchanging stories, pictures, and tips about their world experiences is a cultural theme that should thrive in the root

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Waikiki is still great as I remembered....but they've demolished ALOT of "old school Hawaii" retail and restaurants to clear way for high end malls and hotels.

There used to be this huge flea market with souvenirs, native Hawaiians chipping away wood to make tiki men, cheap asian ethnic food court.... all in the middle of Waikiki

I went looking for it today for this Chinese stirfry spot I used to go to....only to find a guarded construction site :mjcry:

They're building another high end mall with a Saks. The wealthy Japanese tourists run Waikiki and its development. Waikiki is turning into one big Tokyo shopping mall megaplex :to:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
cruising to the Caribbean in 2013

qzW5w28l.jpg

uD3WDVjl.jpg

KGeH0iJl.jpg

LAmCFw4l.jpg

a6xaSbjl.jpg

FIG8wbLl.jpg

aYSnW2Hl.jpg

LuOvMfDl.jpg

fht62pcl.jpg

wFB5poul.jpg

pl6xWNYl.jpg

9zxfyAcl.jpg

LPKh7Kkl.jpg

kugnJt0l.jpg

zJbkh3hl.jpg

5OM4pBPl.jpg

L9MrC0Jl.jpg

fZKqftFl.jpg

xzu48L8l.jpg

TQ3QovNl.jpg

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Good to see dudes on here dispelling the myth you yanks dont travel or have a passport.
:obama:

Been to a fair few places myself recently, IT certs and IT jobs in London pay very well
:myman:

Paris
Went in the Winter, so it was cold as hell. But a very nice city, nice food and lots to do. Similar prices to central London.

Cancun

Spot the black lol

Tokyo

This was VILE !!!!

South Korea

Prob my fave place ive been, food so cheap, was just so different, never seen so many Samsungs lol. Its amazing they have had indepedence for about 50 years and they so ahead of London and other rmajor cities.

Train station at the DMZ, if North and South ever find peace

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Good to see dudes on here dispelling the myth you yanks dont travel or have a passport.
:obama:

Been to a fair few places myself recently, IT certs and IT jobs in London pay very well
:myman:

Paris
Went in the Winter, so it was cold as hell. But a very nice city, nice food and lots to do. Similar prices to central London.

Cancun

Spot the black lol

Tokyo

This was VILE !!!!

South Korea

Prob my fave place ive been, food so cheap, was just so different, never seen so many Samsungs lol. Its amazing they have had indepedence for about 50 years and they so ahead of London and other rmajor cities.

Train station at the DMZ, if North and South ever find peace

why you say toyko is vile? that's next on my list :mjcry: