Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
$1400? Man, if u don't care about your living conditions like that and wanna experience cheap favela living close to Copa :mjpls: u can stay in Rocinha for like $150 per month (I think that was even over-inflated but I wasn't gonna haggle for that cheap). This is where I was staying at the summer of 2012. Better than a hostel, had the place to myself and wifi. Back then the exchange rate was 1.70-1.80 reais to $1. I really coulda been living it up right now :snoop:

Or u need to spit that ism and live with a Brazilian chick for free like I did for 1 month in Sao Paulo :whew:

http://www.rioinaweek.com/why-are-black-men-going-to-brazil-3/

Thats probably not a bad idea if you are moving there and just need a place to stay until you get a steady source of income. How was your experience living there for the month?

I have a chick who live in Rio (Niteroi) who I could stay with for free probably, but I'd rather keep my options open.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Thats probably not a bad idea if you are moving there and just need a place to stay until you get a steady source of income. How was your experience living there for the month?

I have a chick who live in Rio (Niteroi) who I could stay with for free probably, but I'd rather keep my options open.
I was there May til August. It was a dope experience. Met a lot of good people, checked out baile funks/street parties, saw up close and personal the hardships of some people's lives. But like any hood, most of the people are just living day to day. When I'm in Rio, I usually only eat in Rocinha lol. The food is cheap and good. You won't catch me eating in Copa, prices marked up.

If you're worried about staying with that chick, u know pousadas always there to creep.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
I was there May til August. It was a dope experience. Met a lot of good people, checked out baile funks/street parties, saw up close and personal the hardships of some people's lives. But like any hood, most of the people are just living day to day. When I'm in Rio, I usually only eat in Rocinha lol. The food is cheap and good. You won't catch me eating in Copa, prices marked up.

If you're worried about staying with that chick, u know pousadas always there to creep.

Its a place on Rua Clara....100 block I think...that you can get a full meal and a drink for 20 reais. I usually just eat there for most of my meals...I went to the beach to eat a meal with this chick and it came out to about 170 reais for some bullshyt

Thankfully she paid for it...same chick i mentioned earlier.

I don't think I'm bout the life of creeping in the pousadas....If imma stay with her i'd feel bad because i'd be taking advantage...rather just get my own spot.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
You and your girl got bit by the Latin America bug :blessed:

$693 for the month
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6363395?s=xv_n

This one is a little more expensive at $1000 a month

2fb58abe_original.jpg

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2441954?s=4pZE

This one is incredible (Santa Marta) $50 a night -

13601e35_original.jpg

The view :merchant:
e056724b_original.jpg

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2133902?s=KJwi

All of these are for the entire apartment, there are cheaper places in Medellin, Bogota and Cali as well. I notice it's a lot of white people (foreigners) that own spots on AirBnB.
:noah:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
yeah that's my site
Yeah I figured as much or somebody from here just from reading that article. Good stuff keep it up but I'm person 3/4 in that post. I don't care who cats date at the end if the day but I'm not stupid enough to not know that a lot of dudes be on that 3 flow and you can tell by how they talk. I do agree them are the 4 types mainly too.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Yeah I figured as much or somebody from here just from reading that article. Good stuff keep it up but I'm person 3/4 in that post. I don't care who cats date at the end if the day but I'm not stupid enough to not know that a lot of dudes be on that 3 flow and you can tell by how they talk. I do agree them are the 4 types mainly too.

Yeah I think everyone is right to a certain extent. A lot of cats who go to Brazil are paying for sex because they are bitter with American women. But you can't generalize all black men who go to Brazil cause I met a lot of genuine dudes who actually like the culture and language like me. The dudes in that documentary weren't good representations.

But yeah I don't care why they go either lol.