Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
me 2

looking at
Honduras ( Roatan. not the main island)
Panama
Costa Rica

when we were in Roatan Honduras a few years ago
we had a tour through this company called Theris Dixon tours
Old boy took us all around the island
we mentioned we might move here when we are older and he got all exited was like let me take you by my house by the beach to look at property.
when we got there he was like 15 years ago, this neighborhood, all Honduran - now only like 3 left, but he was only like 1/2 mile from the beach
Blew his horn and both sets of next door neighbors come out to chat
one was an older couple from cali and the other was from Norway
they told us to deal with the locals not the "gringo" real estate agents , you will save lots of money
the real estate agents are looking at over 100k a sale
while the locals are usually looking for about 20k to convert over at 13.5 to one us dollar and they are happy.

long story short
the couple from cali were a retired teacher and a stay at home mom.
wife got cancer, they almost went bankrupt for treatments and what not
came down for their "last" vacation
wife got sick , went to the hospital , was told her treatments were wrong , they were just maintaining life not trying to cure.
got a second opinion in the states and it was a wrap.
so they moved down, wife is now in excellent shape, no recurrence in about 10 years.
but they have
someone mowing their lawn
buying their groceries
cleaning
cooking if needed.
setting out on the beach all day looking at tourists
on a teachers retirement and social security.
:wow::mjcry:

Every expat couple or person I meet seems so happy and content with their lives, there's no rat race, no push for more, people just happy and living near the beach.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Every expat couple or person I meet seems so happy and content with their lives, there's no rat race, no push for more, people just happy and living near the beach.

See the same thing.
that #nostress life

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
See the same thing.
that #nostress life
shyt I think better yet. I know you can have that in the US too. That's the thing when me and my sister say when we see these people moving elsewhere saying that on shows like house hunters international. Its moreso the cost of things and how you need less to fit in down there than here IMO. I could be wrong but that's what it feels like because if your money game is right here I don't see how you can be stressed on regular day to day stuff.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Here are a couple more restaurants off the top of my head.

La Taqueria Pinche Taco Shop
Nicli Antica Pizzeria
Twisted Fork- Breakfast with a long wait.

Thanks breh. :salute: Are these near the English Bay area or nah?

ETA: Any Vancouver brehs here? What is a good cab company?
All the cab companies have terrible reviews. Scust.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Thanks breh. :salute: Are these near the English Bay area or nah?

ETA: Any Vancouver brehs here? What is a good cab company?
All the cab companies have terrible reviews. Scust.

First 2 are over near Gastown (other side of downtown.) The last one isn't too far away. The downtown area of Vancouver isn't really that big. You can get to most places pretty fast by taxi or walking.

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
shyt I think better yet. I know you can have that in the US too. That's the thing when me and my sister say when we see these people moving elsewhere saying that on shows like house hunters international. Its moreso the cost of things and how you need less to fit in down there than here IMO. I could be wrong but that's what it feels like because if your money game is right here I don't see how you can be stressed on regular day to day stuff.

Oh I can see it both ways
but after spending some time in Caribbean, its just a different style of living.

there's pluses and minuses to making a decision like this, you just got to make that choice and stick with it
Hell, I may live out the rest of my days in NC, but I will try have a winter home on some island.

old as hell, sitting on the beach crystal clear water, not that brown shyt we got here, watching the ships and thots roll by.

:banderas:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

It's the atmosphere that draws people in, Costa Rica in particular has been rated the happiest place on earth several times over. You can't have it here because you're not getting the same ideologies and cultures from the people here as you do in those places.

You really have to experience it, people who can afford to travel often aren't broke for the most part so it's not a money issue.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Im going to panama on sat. First time out of the country:merchant:
Any tips from the coli brehs? Where should i eat, where the chicas at:shaq:ect,..

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
It's the atmosphere that draws people in, Costa Rica in particular has been rated the happiest place on earth several times over. You can't have it here because you're not getting the same ideologies and cultures from the people here as you do in those places.

You really have to experience it, people who can afford to travel often aren't broke for the most part so it's not a money issue.
They might not be broke but they sure as hell can usually stretch their money further than here in the US. I think we can agree on that. I don't have no problem with it just seems like you can and people do (me included) have no stress here also. I'm not opposed to trying something new though

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Im going to panama on sat. First time out of the country:merchant:
Any tips from the coli brehs? Where should i eat, where the chicas at:shaq:ect,..

Definitely go here and watch a huge ship go through
I think they are still working on the expansion
you will be :mindblown: at how manual this is.
Another breh will have to help you out with the rest
I was with the wife, but there is talent there.

cruises%20931_zpsmm1mhle8.jpg

Oh hell, this brings back memories this was the cruise where we picked up that dude trying to get to the US from Cuba
we had been out a day- they spotted something in the ocean and had to check it out and found ole boy on this
cruises%20792_zps9kspgnu9.jpg

stopped and picked him up
turned around
went back to Florida
dropped him back off with the coast guard
and they took him back to cuba

I felt :mjcry:at first because he only had like 40 miles to the coast left
but then i was like :dwillhuh::ufdup:because he made us late to our first port

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:blessed:

:heh: at looking at reviews for good cab companies thats like reading reviews for the irs or some shyt its always going to be negative :heh:

TBH theyre all over priced and meh overall. Ive had some awesome taxi drivers though. Gave me newspaper to read and let me bump music in the car with a usb hooked up to my phone :blessed:

There isnt one thats better than the other in my experience but to be real I almost always avoid cabs. Ill take public transit every day over a cab.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Definitely go here and watch a huge ship go through
I think they are still working on the expansion
you will be :mindblown: at how manual this is.
Another breh will have to help you out with the rest
I was with the wife, but there is talent there.

cruises%20931_zpsmm1mhle8.jpg

You can thank thousands of Black men and women for this creation :blessed: