Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

Ello_Vee

Pro
Daps
Beautiful pictures @Idaeo
Have been to the Big Island twice, but my sister wants to try another island and bring me with her. (THANK YOU SIS!!) Good feedback on those locations.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Details about this party please:patrice:

It's on Little Beach, Maui....a secluded nude beach over some lava rocks from the mainstream "Big Beach." While some people were nude, most of the younger people had on swimwear. A group of African/Jamaican(?) guys were doing a drum circle..nonstop for 3-4 hours. a bunch of drinking, smoking, dancing, firedancing....on the beach. it started a few hours before sunset.

If you're in Maui during a full moon...it's definitely worth checking out.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
What cruise line(s) would you recommend?

almost any line you go on you are going to have a good time

from the one's I have sailed

Royal Caribbean - great cruise lines, very nice ships , OVERPRICED unless you catch a good sale.
not knocking them but we can do 2 cruises a year on other lines for the price of one royal Caribbean.

Carnival - best value- , 3-5 day cruises are party cruises, 7 days more families, they are called the fun ships so they are geared more toward day to day 24 hours a day activities, people are outgoing. More brehs on this cruise line. lots of younger passengers

Norwegian - (carnival lite) basically - but the EPIC is a nice ship - it has an ice bar.

Princess- their motto is escape completely - so its very quiet. was on a prince cruise out of san Juan and there was only 6 nikkas on board including me and the wife. everyone was friendly as hell though, but then sailed one out of fort Lauderdale and damn near half the ship was brehs and brehettes .
older set of people too like 50 + is the majority

Holland America - floating old folks home - average age was 73 ( really) but you have the ship to your self after 10. the crew loved us cause we could hang with them when it was late , was giving us free stuff and shyt , cause they literally have nothing to do when its late (them old folks knocked out). did not have to fight long lines getting on and off the ship, food lines were short, after you been on a mega ship- this is heaven.
best food I ever had on a cruise.

I thought those old folks would be on :mjpls: policy , but they were looking out for us like we were their grandkids.
ended up having a blast.

MSC - its a European cruise company - so when they make announcements they do them in 5 languages .
food is mainly cooked Mediterranean style , but they crew is the friendliest I have ever met. I was up on deck smoking a cigar one day and the captain stopped and pulled a cigar out and smoked with me Lots of people from other countries on board. only like 20% American passengers.

would definitely try other lines before this one. seasoned cruisers will have a better time, because they don't cater to your every whim like the American based lines

but quite frankly unless you are unlucky enough to have bad weather or get on an old ship , you should have a good time

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Got back from Costa Rica this weekend, flew into San Jose but spent the week on the Caribbean coast in Puerto Viejo it was beautiful. The weather app on my phone was showing thunderstorms all week but it was literally 85 and sunny everyday just some rain in the early hours of the morning before the sunrise. @Malta property going for 10-15 g's out there :mjpls:

The vibe there was great it was a really relaxing town, beaches not swarmed with people, the food was ridiculous. I've got to get more African/West Indian dishes incorporated into my diet, dont know how I went all these years without knowing what rondon stew was :wtf:

My spanish is chris tucker in Friday status but I was able to get by, a lot of folks down there spoke english so it wasn't a big deal. Outside of the beach and hittin the town was able to do some really cool activities..Took a little boat tour down the Tortuguero canal, met up with some of the indigenous peoples and they showed us how they make chocolate from the cacao fruit to the finished product. The highlight of them all was this hike I took through the Manzanillo jungle with this older Afro brother who knew the land well. It was wild to see how our ancestors survived, knowing this plant provides this medicinal use, that one can be used as a brush, that little snake will kill you, that banana spider is big as hell but its no harm to you, what fruits to eat, etc. it was a great experience. I'll drop some pics in the next post

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
This is how the beach was most days. You might get a few people playing soccer some days, others fishing but not a lot of souls out there

yyCCBE5.jpg

On the canal
navAeOQ.jpg

orMZekr.jpg

Street view of a lil bit of the town. Most people ride bikes or walk
zlow3rW.jpg

:lolbron:
KohoRkw.jpg

dWn282y.jpg

lil piece of art I captured

This the beach closer to the town of Manzanillo, looks like paradise. The jungle was very peaceful too
XyYRLxR.jpg

Last edited:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Got back from Costa Rica this weekend, flew into San Jose but spent the week on the Caribbean coast in Puerto Viejo it was beautiful. The weather app on my phone was showing thunderstorms all week but it was literally 85 and sunny everyday just some rain in the early hours of the morning before the sunrise. @Malta property going for 10-15 g's out there :mjpls:

The vibe there was great it was a really relaxing town, beaches not swarmed with people, the food was ridiculous. I've got to get more African/West Indian dishes incorporated into my diet, dont know how I went all these years without knowing what rondon stew was :wtf:

My spanish is chris tucker in Friday status but I was able to get by, a lot of folks down there spoke english so it wasn't a big deal. Outside of the beach and hittin the town was able to do some really cool activities..Took a little boat tour down the Tortuguero canal, met up with some of the indigenous peoples and they showed us how they make chocolate from the cacao fruit to the finished product. The highlight of them all was this hike I took through the Manzanillo jungle with this older Afro brother who knew the land well. It was wild to see how our ancestors survived, knowing this plant provides this medicinal use, that one can be used as a brush, that little snake will kill you, that banana spider is big as hell but its no harm to you, what fruits to eat, etc. it was a great experience. I'll drop some pics in the next post

Oh, I know been saving money for years now and Costa Rica is on the short list :mjpls:

gegw2cud2.gif

Interesting that you're already looking at property prices there :russ:

Sir

Pro
Daps
This is how the beach was most days. You might get a few people playing soccer some days, others fishing but not a lot of souls out there

yyCCBE5.jpg

1jRWbQD.jpg

On the canal
navAeOQ.jpg

orMZekr.jpg

Street view of a lil bit of the town. Most people ride bikes or walk
zlow3rW.jpg

:lolbron:
KohoRkw.jpg

dWn282y.jpg

lil piece of art I captured
rGSNqHq.jpg

This the beach closer to the town of Manzanillo, looks like paradise. The jungle was very peaceful too
XyYRLxR.jpg
*Adds Costa Rica to list*

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Oh, I know been saving money for years now and Costa Rica is on the short list :mjpls:

gegw2cud2.gif

Interesting that you're already looking at property prices there :russ:

me 2

looking at
Honduras ( Roatan. not the main island)
Panama
Costa Rica

when we were in Roatan Honduras a few years ago
we had a tour through this company called Theris Dixon tours
Old boy took us all around the island
we mentioned we might move here when we are older and he got all exited was like let me take you by my house by the beach to look at property.
when we got there he was like 15 years ago, this neighborhood, all Honduran - now only like 3 left, but he was only like 1/2 mile from the beach
Blew his horn and both sets of next door neighbors come out to chat
one was an older couple from cali and the other was from Norway
they told us to deal with the locals not the "gringo" real estate agents , you will save lots of money
the real estate agents are looking at over 100k a sale
while the locals are usually looking for about 20k to convert over at 13.5 to one us dollar and they are happy.

long story short
the couple from cali were a retired teacher and a stay at home mom.
wife got cancer, they almost went bankrupt for treatments and what not
came down for their "last" vacation
wife got sick , went to the hospital , was told her treatments were wrong , they were just maintaining life not trying to cure.
got a second opinion in the states and it was a wrap.
so they moved down, wife is now in excellent shape, no recurrence in about 10 years.
but they have
someone mowing their lawn
buying their groceries
cleaning
cooking if needed.
setting out on the beach all day looking at tourists
on a teachers retirement and social security.
:wow::mjcry:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Next week about to do my first real road trip. Going from Albuquerque to Seattle. My daughter is coming along with me and i'mma film the whole trip and make it as a video for her when she gets older.

So anything to recommend in UT, ID, OR or WA, im all ears :ld:

What are your interests? How old is your daughter? www.roadtrippers.com can help you see what there is to do or visit on your route. If you haven't been to Seattle before I posted some info on it a couple pages back.