Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

Sir

Pro
Daps
Yah! My friend has to go for work, so the hotel is paid for...I just gotta get my ticket and I'm all set.

As for Italy, I've been before and it's a gorgeous country. I'm looking to go to the Amalfi coast this time (and go to Rome again for 2-3 days as well...I liked it there a lot).

Amalfi just looks...:wow:

Amalfi-Sorrento-Italy.jpg

positano-desktop-background-504679.jpg
Yeah I'm really looking forward to the Italy trip. I'm not even that hyped about the major cities and shyt like that. It's the random beautiful towns and whatnot I'm trying to get lost in. Check this out: http://www.swide.com/photo-gallery/...it-from-torcello-to-vernazza/2014/01/04/20-20

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Sir

Pro
Daps
LOVE it!

You have to go to Florence and Venice...they're just beautiful and so much history.
Yeah Venice is a must. Been wanting to go there since I was a child. :ahh: My one homegirl swears by Florence. Think I'm going to stay/start in Bologna, then just hop on trains all around the country.

Alcantara

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
TESOL/TEFL Certification was relatively easy. It took a few months to complete but its interesting and the techniques make sense. You won't have an issue passing. You don't have to get the $1000 course in order to get an accredited certification.

If you have at least a bachelors degree and the teaching certificate, you can get recruited without experience.

I know someone teaching English without a degree and he has tons of experience right now. He is not caking but he can survive in the DR.

As for me, I have student loans....if I can find a good way to walk away from it all, I would.

:mjcry:

Don't count me out though.... :lbafro:

Overtime would he be caking though? Is he doing this for the short-term or what?

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Finalizing a last minute trip to Hawaii next week. Headed to Kauai for 4 nights, then Maui for 4 nights.

Any beach/food recommendations for either island?

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
Overtime would he be caking though? Is he doing this for the short-term or what?
Nope. No possibility of balling out of control. But that was never his intent. He only wanted enough to meet his needs and he has been there for over 4 years now.

He found a wife and got married down there. If he wants to change focus and get money he will move back to the states. This is always an option.

There is always the possibility that his current employers promote him to management of some sort also. (He works for several companies that teach English online)

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Yeah Venice is a must. Been wanting to go there since I was a child. :ahh: My one homegirl swears by Florence. Think I'm going to stay/start in Bologna, then just hop on trains all around the country.

Been to Italy twice. Both times have been in the northern part. Never been south of Rome. Recommendations for what to see and do.

Venice- Sounds like your heart is set on Venice. I know people love it, but I've been there twice and both times I haven't loved it. Don't make your trip based around your stay there though as it's very far northeast from the rest of the country.

Cinque Terre- You might not have heard of it, but you've certainly seen the pictures of these 5 tiny towns. It's incredible. The views, the hikes between the cities, and the food are amazing. I'd recommend to anyone that this is a must see.

Florence- I've been twice, but both times never a full day. It's a great city and a good area to make your home base if you want to stay centrally located and drive to nearby cities.

Pisa- Only go if you are bored. Worth seeing the Leaning Tower, but that's it. Make it a trip to see for an hour and go somewhere else for the rest of the day.

Siena- It's a cool city, but I got bored after half a day.

I stayed a couple hours south of Florence in the middle of nowhere. It was a resort with a warm spring below so the pools were heated. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. Great location to everything including small towns nearby, wineries, and amazing view from the hotel. This was the view in the morning.

svgf8w.png

Last edited:

Sir

Pro
Daps
Been to Italy twice. Both times have been in the northern part. Never been south of Rome. Recommendations for what to see and do.

Venice- Sounds like your heart is set on Venice. I know people love it, but I've been there twice and both times I haven't loved it. Don't make your trip based around your stay there though as it's very far northeast from the rest of the country.

Cinque Terre- You might not have heard of it, but you've certainly seen the pictures of these 5 tiny towns. It's incredible. The views, the hikes between the cities, and the food are amazing. I'd recommend to anyone that this is a must see.

Florence- I've been twice, but both times never a full day. It's a great city and a good area to make your home base if you want to stay centrally located and drive to nearby cities.

Pisa- Only go if you are bored. Worth seeing the Leaning Tower, but that's it. Make it a trip to see for an hour and go somewhere else for the rest of the day.

Siena- It's a cool city, but I got bored after half a day.

I stayed a couple hours south of Florence in the middle of nowhere. It was a resort with a warm spring below so the pools were heated. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. Great location to everything including small towns nearby, wineries, and amazing view from the hotel. This was the view in the morning from the hotel.

svgf8w.png
Preciate all this. And that picture is amazing. You spend any time in Parma or Milan by any chance? Yeah I'm not centering the trip on Venice, but I'm definitely gonna get up there. I plan on Bologna being my hub. I'm going to be out there for 3+ weeks so the plan is to hit as much of the northern part of the country as possible. I'm pretty sure this won't be my last Italian excursion.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
In Florence, check out a restaurant called "il Pirata." It's a traditional Tuscan food, AYCE for like 8 euros I believe. Some of the best food I had in Europe. The gelato on every corner in Florence is :blessed:too

The best time to see Venice is early in the morning(6-8 am) before the thousands of tourists fill the streets. Just wander through the alleys, over the canals....it feels like it could be a theme park.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Finalizing a last minute trip to Hawaii next week. Headed to Kauai for 4 nights, then Maui for 4 nights.

Any beach/food recommendations for either island?

Never been to Kauai, but Maui I've been to twice. I'm guessing since you are going to those two locations you are looking for relaxation and not the party night life?

I love Maui. It's a good mix of outdoor activities and relaxation if you want. I've stayed in the Kaanapali area which has great beaches, lots of people, and restuarants and stayed over in Hana which is a very small town with one resort. It was very calm and quiet. A lot of people stay over in the expensive area, Wailea which is nice, but the beach is small. You have to drive down to Makena beach which is nearby and has some of the biggest waves on the island.

Food: Mama's Fish House. Easily one of the best restaurants I've ever been.

Sir

Pro
Daps
In Florence, check out a restaurant called "il Pirata." It's a traditional Tuscan food, AYCE for like 8 euros I believe. Some of the best food I had in Europe. The gelato on every corner in Florence is :blessed:too

The best time to see Venice is early in the morning(6-8 am) before the thousands of tourists fill the streets. Just wander through the alleys, over the canals....it feels like it could be a theme park.
:myman: My nikka this is the exact kinda shyt I be on.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Never been to Kauai, but Maui I've been to twice. I'm guessing since you are going to those two locations you are looking for relaxation and not the party night life?

I love Maui. It's a good mix of outdoor activities and relaxation if you want. I've stayed in the Kaanapali area which has great beaches, lots of people, and restuarants and stayed over in Hana which is a very small town with one resort. It was very calm and quiet. A lot of people stay over in the expensive area, Wailea which is nice, but the beach is small. You have to drive down to Makena beach which is nearby and has some of the biggest waves on the island.

Food: Mama's Fish House. Easily one of the best restaurants I've ever been.

Yeah I'm going for relaxation. I've been to Oahu several times. I wanted to go somewhere with little to no traffic, secluded beaches, and not a lot of touristy shyt.

I'm using points at the Grand Wailea....which I know is kind of a touristy area but I'll have a car to check out other areas.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Preciate all this. And that picture is amazing. You spend any time in Parma or Milan by any chance? Yeah I'm not centering the trip on Venice, but I'm definitely gonna get up there. I plan on Bologna being my hub. I'm going to be out there for 3+ weeks so the plan is to hit as much of the northern part of the country as possible. I'm pretty sure this won't be my last Italian excursion.

Never been to Parma and only took a train to Milan and then transferred over to another train. I've like to spend a couple days there. From what I've heard it's a major city and runs like one. Not filled with all the tourist spots that you'd find in Rome. If you are in Milan you should go checkout Lake Como or Lake Garda. I'm dying to get back and go to these lakes.

Lake Como
Bellagio_-Italy-by-Alex-Molchan-Downloaded-from-500px-e1363036272388.jpg

Lake Garda
45377INEX_0x0.jpg

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I am going to Vancouver in a couple of weeks. Tell what the fukk to do there, cause it looks boring as fukk right now.

Stanley Park? :beli: I guess.

Also Canadian brehs, give your government number so I can discount. :lolbron:

For real though help out Canadian brehs, I don't know what to do there. :sadcam:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I know that you need get that certificate to teach overseas, thats no problem. But what I wanna know (First hand experience) is the job prospects. I'd like to do this full time for the foreseeable future.

In particular Brazil, hows the pay? is there demand there? cheap to live to there? shyt like that

Depending on where you're teaching you'll make like $1100-1500 a month in Brazil, but the average person there makes $10,000 a year so you can live well and rent in decent areas is cheap. The everyday cost of living is cheap but the things we don't view as luxuries here are expensive as fukk there. Like electronics and clothing, anything they have to import costs a ton more than it does in the US, last I heard the Playstation 4 there was like $1600.

There's demand there for English teachers, look at Colombia as well.

Doggie...I got a TESL/TEFL certificate. China is available right now with offers of room, board, salary, etc. But wifey is not down to move to Asia. At least not at this point.

I haven't been proactive in exploring my options in the Caribbean or S. America. I have no idea what I am waiting for.

You waiting till the Knicks are good :mjpls:

Last edited: