zvbjoh.jpg

1zyh9iu.jpg

2ef2vxk.jpg

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
So, I'd been wanting to travel solo for a couple years now and finally got the balls to do so, thanks in large part to my boo @dc007

Originally, I had asked some people in Boston I knew who'd shown interest in winter travel, but they all broke/inbetween jobs so I was like f ck it, I'm going anyways:manny:
I was nervous/anxious up until I actually got to DR, but once I got there, everyone was super friendly and helpful, and kinda forgot I had traveled alone. Flights to and from were on time, smooth no problems. Customs was a breeze and I actually snuck in a couple Cuban cigars:lupe:

I stayed at Riu Bambu from Saturday until Tuesday. It was nice, spent a lot of time on the beach. The food was hella mediocre:scusthov: but the unlimited drinks were:ahh:
There was a club on the resort (Pacha Discoteque), which was perfect because I didn't think it would be wise to leave the safety of the resort. I met a guy there (Luis) who wanted to take me out to some real clubs but:ld: I would have loved to though because I wanted to meet some of the native hotties:shaq: While in the throes of

our brief romance, Luis was saying that the staff wasn't allowed to be fraternizing with the tourists like that, and was like always looking around making sure someone

working there didn't see us smooching on the beach lol. So, that was Saturday..arrived, beach, club.

Sunday, I chilled on the beach all day pretty much. Walked around the resort to see what was all there. There was a guy (forgot his name) walking around taking pictures,

so I had a little photoshoot, which was fun:laugh: One of the reps from the company I booked my trip through had an information session, and from that I decided to go on

an all-day tour on Monday.

I'm sooo glad I went on the tour on Monday. The resort gets old real quick, and I really wanted an opportunity to see outside of the little sanctuary. We went to a school,

saw a typical dominican home, learned about cigars, sugar, cocoa, coffee, agriculture...had lunch at a local restaurant (best food I ate all weekend). The final stop was at

El Macau Beach, the only public left in DR without a hotel attached to it (btw the name of the beach on the Riu Resorts is called Playa Arena Gorda).

All in all, it was a fun and relaxing trip. Only downsides were the food and not being able to explore more outside of the resort. Looking forward to my next

adventure!:smile: Some pics below:

2nqxn5c.jpg

2e5vbe8.jpg

in789l.jpg

15de9s.jpg

1xzznc.jpg

23kq15c.jpg

nlc20x.jpg

2r7yf41.jpg

2cse9ma.jpg

That should be me behind you

Give skinny brehs a chance :mjcry:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
So, I'd been wanting to travel solo for a couple years now and finally got the balls to do so, thanks in large part to my boo @dc007

Originally, I had asked some people in Boston I knew who'd shown interest in winter travel, but they all broke/inbetween jobs so I was like f ck it, I'm going anyways:manny:
I was nervous/anxious up until I actually got to DR, but once I got there, everyone was super friendly and helpful, and kinda forgot I had traveled alone. Flights to and from were on time, smooth no problems. Customs was a breeze and I actually snuck in a couple Cuban cigars:lupe:

I stayed at Riu Bambu from Saturday until Tuesday. It was nice, spent a lot of time on the beach. The food was hella mediocre:scusthov: but the unlimited drinks were:ahh:
There was a club on the resort (Pacha Discoteque), which was perfect because I didn't think it would be wise to leave the safety of the resort. I met a guy there (Luis) who wanted to take me out to some real clubs but:ld: I would have loved to though because I wanted to meet some of the native hotties:shaq: While in the throes of

our brief romance, Luis was saying that the staff wasn't allowed to be fraternizing with the tourists like that, and was like always looking around making sure someone

working there didn't see us smooching on the beach lol. So, that was Saturday..arrived, beach, club.

Sunday, I chilled on the beach all day pretty much. Walked around the resort to see what was all there. There was a guy (forgot his name) walking around taking pictures,

so I had a little photoshoot, which was fun:laugh: One of the reps from the company I booked my trip through had an information session, and from that I decided to go on

an all-day tour on Monday.

I'm sooo glad I went on the tour on Monday. The resort gets old real quick, and I really wanted an opportunity to see outside of the little sanctuary. We went to a school,

saw a typical dominican home, learned about cigars, sugar, cocoa, coffee, agriculture...had lunch at a local restaurant (best food I ate all weekend). The final stop was at

El Macau Beach, the only public left in DR without a hotel attached to it (btw the name of the beach on the Riu Resorts is called Playa Arena Gorda).

All in all, it was a fun and relaxing trip. Only downsides were the food and not being able to explore more outside of the resort. Looking forward to my next

adventure!:smile: Some pics below:

On the trip I took I had a great time but had some F'ed up circumstances on the trip. So a female friend went every year with her family and some friends and invited me. So I didn't know about how resorts worked. So I book at the resort that she's staying at with her daughter and her friend. Everybody else booked at the adults only resort. I thought no big deal since we would all be getting together to kick it. NOPE. We all met up once while shopping. Her daughter was just a huge brat that constantly threw temper tantrums anywhere we went and was refusing to walk cause she was tired. The girl was 7 and acting like she was 3. Me and the friend were both sick of her. None of them on my resort wanted to go out so I hit the club by myself for two of the nights. Couldn't get either of them on my resort to drink with me either while everybody at the adults only resort was kicking it hardcore every night. Three of the days it rained nonstop so that got old quick as hell. The hotel food was subpar as hell. However the food we ate when we walked into town was amazing.

We did a tequilla tour that was great. Ended up buying a $60 bottle that was eventually jacked from me. Met and talked to some cool people on the resort. Had one cat trying to get me to sleep with his wife which was awkward as hell. Overall though with all the bullshyt still had an amazing time.

Daps
@awkwardblackgirl dope review, what was so bad about the food? And how much did you pay for flight and resort

I paid $750 roundtrip from Boston, 4 days/3 nights, all-inclusive. Not too bad I think, considering how much extra places charge you for travelling alone. I know I saw some places cheaper in Jamaica, maybe in the upper 5's but I think they were rated with lower stars or something.

Daps
On the trip I took I had a great time but had some F'ed up circumstances on the trip. So a female friend went every year with her family and some friends and invited me. So I didn't know about how resorts worked. So I book at the resort that she's staying at with her daughter and her friend. Everybody else booked at the adults only resort. I thought no big deal since we would all be getting together to kick it. NOPE. We all met up once while shopping. Her daughter was just a huge brat that constantly threw temper tantrums anywhere we went and was refusing to walk cause she was tired. The girl was 7 and acting like she was 3. Me and the friend were both sick of her. None of them on my resort wanted to go out so I hit the club by myself for two of the nights. Couldn't get either of them on my resort to drink with me either while everybody at the adults only resort was kicking it hardcore every night. Three of the days it rained nonstop so that got old quick as hell. The hotel food was subpar as hell. However the food we ate when we walked into town was amazing.

We did a tequilla tour that was great. Ended up buying a $60 bottle that was eventually jacked from me. Met and talked to some cool people on the resort. Had one cat trying to get me to sleep with his wife which was awkward as hell. Overall though with all the bullshyt still had an amazing time.

Yea, who you travel with definitely can make or break a vacation. I don't like to travel with people who are cheap. I don't make a lot of money, but I like to spend the little I have on great experiences. I don't really have time anymore to be waiting on people to travel and explore anymore, and taking this trip really helped me to get out of my comfort zone and do more of what I want to do. If anyone is down to join cool, but I'll be taking off regardless:yes:

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Oh yea, the food was just basic as hell. @dc007 said they make it to suit American/European palates. I mean, I didn't travel to another country to eat hamburgers and spaghetti.

I did all inclusive once and the food wasn't that good

Told myself never again if it can be avoided.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
something like http://travel.meetup.com/
http://singlestravelescapes.com/
http://singles-travel-club.meetup.com/cities/us/dc/washington/

From what I understand its basically a group of people you meet up with just to travel

have you ever been apart of or heard anything about these types of groups?

Never heard of it. Personally if I'm gonna travel in a group I want it to be people I know, in case shyt hits the fan I know I got some war ready companions behind me. I'll check out these links tho