Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Headed to southern Spain on Saturday :blessed:....will be there for a week for work. I may take a ferry over to Morocco for a day trip.....:patrice:

After I'm done with work, I had planned to head over to Malta and Sicily, but since i'll be traveling solo now....I'm gonna hit up Prague and Berlin. More things to get into over there....:shaq:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i have southwest miles i want to burn so im planning a trip for this december. im choosing between DR or playa del carmen. thoughts? I speak spanish so thats not an issue

b_priest9mm

A work in progress...
Daps
Funny how this thread gets upped in between the street harassment thread and the kid who got killed by a pig for cosplay.

Must be a sign, brehs. :wow:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Aye what yall think about these travel groups, are they the way to go? any good reccommendations?

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thinking of going somewhere end of this month for couple of days alone. any recommendations in europe? been to all over uk all of Scandinavia been to Portugal and prague. would go to spain or Italy but they are on that.

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Thinking of going somewhere end of this month for couple of days alone. any recommendations in europe? been to all over uk all of Scandinavia been to Portugal and prague. would go to spain or Italy but they are on that.

Try Budapest...was there 2 years ago...had a good time.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Yeah breh, the flights to Colombia and Panama right now are dirt cheap by comparison.

Round trip out of Newark to Medellin, Colombia in May -

untitledhduv2.png
I meant to ask what site do you use to look up flights? I'm really looking at doing Panama or possibly Costa Rica next year

Daps
Pics and details :beli:

So, I'd been wanting to travel solo for a couple years now and finally got the balls to do so, thanks in large part to my boo @dc007

Originally, I had asked some people in Boston I knew who'd shown interest in winter travel, but they all broke/inbetween jobs so I was like f ck it, I'm going anyways:manny:
I was nervous/anxious up until I actually got to DR, but once I got there, everyone was super friendly and helpful, and kinda forgot I had traveled alone. Flights to and from were on time, smooth no problems. Customs was a breeze and I actually snuck in a couple Cuban cigars:lupe:

I stayed at Riu Bambu from Saturday until Tuesday. It was nice, spent a lot of time on the beach. The food was hella mediocre:scusthov: but the unlimited drinks were:ahh:
There was a club on the resort (Pacha Discoteque), which was perfect because I didn't think it would be wise to leave the safety of the resort. I met a guy there (Luis) who wanted to take me out to some real clubs but:ld: I would have loved to though because I wanted to meet some of the native hotties:shaq: While in the throes of

our brief romance, Luis was saying that the staff wasn't allowed to be fraternizing with the tourists like that, and was like always looking around making sure someone

working there didn't see us smooching on the beach lol. So, that was Saturday..arrived, beach, club.

Sunday, I chilled on the beach all day pretty much. Walked around the resort to see what was all there. There was a guy (forgot his name) walking around taking pictures,

so I had a little photoshoot, which was fun:laugh: One of the reps from the company I booked my trip through had an information session, and from that I decided to go on

an all-day tour on Monday.

I'm sooo glad I went on the tour on Monday. The resort gets old real quick, and I really wanted an opportunity to see outside of the little sanctuary. We went to a school,

saw a typical dominican home, learned about cigars, sugar, cocoa, coffee, agriculture...had lunch at a local restaurant (best food I ate all weekend). The final stop was at

El Macau Beach, the only public left in DR without a hotel attached to it (btw the name of the beach on the Riu Resorts is called Playa Arena Gorda).

All in all, it was a fun and relaxing trip. Only downsides were the food and not being able to explore more outside of the resort. Looking forward to my next

adventure!:smile: Some pics below:

2nqxn5c.jpg

2e5vbe8.jpg

in789l.jpg

15de9s.jpg

1xzznc.jpg

23kq15c.jpg

nlc20x.jpg

2r7yf41.jpg

2cse9ma.jpg

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I really need to do some more travelling. Took my first trip to Cozomel earlier this year and loved it. Sadly most of my friends ain't about travelling at all.