Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Where did you go for night life @Primetime21

I pretty much stayed in Lapa, went to a few other place but I do not recall the names.

Can you give your impressions of the night night areas you visited?

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Where did you go for night life @Primetime21

I pretty much stayed in Lapa, went to a few other place but I do not recall the names.

Can you give your impressions of the night night areas you visited?

I was the given the recommendation to check out this place called Rio Scenarium, in the centro area not far from Lapa. The guy who was describing it said they had live samba, good food so I'm like :leon: cool gonna check this out. Its 4 of us, we get there and of course we the only people of color in the joint, then they stuck us at a table in the back where we could see nothing. Needless to say we bounced right out of there and just grabbed a bite to eat at a place nearby.

I dont recall the name but there was a pretty nice bar in Copacabana we went to one night. The night life stuff was pretty much hit or miss and like I said thats why I wished I was plugged in with some of the Black folks down there so I could experience some real culture I dont like that uppity stuff

edit: last night there I was in Botafogo which was kind of popping. Rio dont ever sleep

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I absolutely loved it there, I may speak about Brazil more but I loved Colombia just as much, the people are just as friendly as Brazilians. I stayed in the Atlantico region and went back and forth between Santa Marta, Barranquilla and Cartagena. All 3 are beautiful cities with their own flavor Barranquilla is more modern (In the middle of the 3) , Cartagena is like the Spanish colonial city and Santa Marta is like a combo of both. Barranquilla is one of the safest cities in South America right now as well, I didn't get a chance to check out Cali/Medellin since Medellin is landlocked and I need to be close to water :blessed: but I hear it's dope as fukk and basically the party central of Colombia and seems to be cheaper than Barranquilla. I wouldn't say they are necessarily low key, but they aren't overflowing with people like Sao Paulo or Rio, if you want really low key look up and down the Pacific side of Colombia.

Never been to Panama but I've heard it's nice @chefmate7days lives or lived there I think.

naw i've only lived in Brazil, Sao Paulo and Rio...i'd love to check out Panama tho

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I was the given the recommendation to check out this place called Rio Scenarium, in the centro area not far from Lapa. The guy who was describing it said they had live samba, good food so I'm like :leon: cool gonna check this out. Its 4 of us, we get there and of course we the only people of color in the joint, then they stuck us at a table in the back where we could see nothing. Needless to say we bounced right out of there and just grabbed a bite to eat at a place nearby.

I dont recall the name but there was a pretty nice bar in Copacabana we went to one night. The night life stuff was pretty much hit or miss and like I said thats why I wished I was plugged in with some of the Black folks down there so I could experience some real culture I dont like that uppity stuff

edit: last night there I was in Botafogo which was kind of popping. Rio dont ever sleep
yea I remember that place, I think this was it
D4wnz5O.jpg

B0N61PB.jpg

qOoWYpN.jpg

flFXO5W.jpg

It was more of a older crowd, there were a few black people there when I was there, but we aint stay too long..

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

qOoWYpN.jpg

It was more of a older crowd, there were a few black people there when I was there, but we aint stay too long..

Yep this is it. In the upper left corner (behind the fan) you see the lower half of a man. There's another table behind him and thats where they seated us, we were out of there asap

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Yep this is it. In the upper left corner (behind the fan) you see the lower half of a man. There's another table behind him and thats where they seated us, we were out of there asap
yea Im not surprised.. We spent most of that night wandering around the Lapa area, most of the people were outside. There was one area for about a block that smelled like pure:piss::piss: we were like:scusthov: yea we need to hurry up and get out of here

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
yea Im not surprised.. We spent most of that night wandering around the Lapa area, most of the people were outside. There was one area for about a block that smelled like pure:piss::piss: we were like:scusthov: yea we need to hurry up and get out of here
:laff: We must have taken the same path to get there. I came through a series of back streets and alleys. This one nikka literally just posted up in the corner and started :piss:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
:laff: We must have taken the same path to get there. I came through a series of back streets and alleys. This one nikka literally just posted up in the corner and started :piss:

thats what they do out there....I got my pee on numerous times in Lapa after getting wasted :youngsabo:.....I remember this white brazilian dude I was with took me to Lapa and he got so wasted he passed out in front of everybody outside, he was literally :deadrose: on the ground :dahell:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I quickly caught on to some of the more commonly used gestures , like the usage of thumbs up for everything. On one occasion I was trying to get directions, I even told the man Eu falo portuguese um pouqinho (I only speak a little portuguese) and he proceeded to rattle off the directions in rapid fire fashion followed by one of these
thumbs-uppp-o.gif
:dead:
:heh: this has happened to every foreigner in rio in the history of foreigners in rio

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC

I noticed this in both Rio and Salvador.....I thought it was coming from the sewers but it smells horrible in some spots.

naw i've only lived in Brazil, Sao Paulo and Rio...i'd love to check out Panama tho

What are some spots to go to in Rio for ethnic people besides Lapa?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
D4wnz5O.jpg

B0N61PB.jpg

qOoWYpN.jpg

flFXO5W.jpg

Looks like a lively area though