Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
I wont lie to you, it goes out at least 4 times a week but my aunt has a solar power generator and lives in a pimp ass crib in Gombe. Im actually looking into providing solar panels in kinshasa for business $$$$$. When I was there I bought some expensive 3g usb so I could have nonstop internet but it wasnt that fast, also when my laptop ran out of power at the coffee shop I was pretty much out. Tho I used that time to go outside and mingle with the locals. Again, you lose luxuries but the experience was great.

Are you african? do you speak french or a dialect?

Good info, thanks. African American. I don't speak French (1 semester) but okay Kiswahili, and some Lingala + Kituba. I would definitely have a solar generator if it was cost effective.

^^Those airplane accommodations would almost make me forget the plane might fall out the sky. :leon:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Would you recommend it? I've never been to the Middle East but would consider it.

What's the food game like?

if your american breh..they will worship the ground you walk

plus your 6'4 black male..even more respect

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Good info, thanks. African American. I definitely don't speak French (1 semester) but okay Kiswahili, and some Lingala + Kituba.

^^Those airplane accommodations would almost make me forget the plane might fall out the sky. :leon:

That's whats up. I speak lingala so navigating through kinshasa is quite easy. Im still ( half creole american) so I have an american accent when I speak it, and they laugh, but I can at least understand EVERYTHING people are saying and get around no problem.

man, you can take a shower on the new airbus that shyt is fukkin piiiiiiiimp. :whoo:

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
That's whats up. I speak lingala so navigating through kinshasa is quite easy. Im still ( half creole american) so I have an american accent when I speak it, and they laugh, but I can at least understand EVERYTHING people are saying and get around no problem.

man, you can take a shower on the new airbus that shyt is fukkin piiiiiiiimp. :whoo:

One of your parents taught you the language? I'm a self-learner but the cool part is I haven't noticed any problems with dialect differences, at least communicating with people online. :leon:

I had a dream the other day I was in the M.E. Things did not go well. :merchant: I'll take that as a warning and steer clear.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
One of your parents taught you the language? I'm a self-learner but the cool part is I haven't noticed any problems with dialect differences, at least communicating with people online. :leon:

Kids pick up language in the household (like second gen mexicans/ricans) when their parents speak to them in it growing up. That's what my mom did, and probably what I'm going to do with my children.

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
I've been to Japan, various places in South America, France, Puerto Rico, D.R.

My fav spots were probably Japan and Colombia (love going back to my mom's birthplace). Planning on going to Greece and maybe Australia sometime in the near future. Would love to hit up Egypt, Russia, and Italy.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Just found this site to plan trips around the world

Around the World and Multi-Stop International Airfare and Tickets

$7500 for the a trip around the world from Atlanta to Mexico, Peru, Brazil, South Africa, Ethiopia, Egypt, Rome, London, Madrid and back to the US. Gonna be gone two months and that shyt seems incredible. Not sure when I'll be able to do this (probably a year or two) but I'm def gonna do this. shyt would be the GOAT vacation :ahh:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
So it looks like it's going to be Iceland and Scotland instead of Brazil

I'm sorry @Malta :to:

Last edited by a moderator:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
I've been to Japan, various places in South America, France, Puerto Rico, D.R.

My fav spots were probably Japan and Colombia (love going back to my mom's birthplace). Planning on going to Greece and maybe Australia sometime in the near future. Would love to hit up Egypt, Russia, and Italy.

Japan is AWESOME :harden::harden::harden::harden:

I would definitely go again :smugdraper:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
:Playahata:

I don't do European nations with the word "Ice" in them.

I was outvoted ... the logistics for the Brazil trip were getting to be a headache, so we explored other options. I wanted to stay in South America (Argentina and Chile in particular), but everyone else wanted to go to Iceland ... I even told them you people sure do love being around white people. :beli: