Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Where can I look for short term apartments(I want to stay for a month) in Bogota and Caracas?

Do you know anybody that lives there now? That's your best bet , you can search online and find places but a lot of times you run the risk of either getting scammed, coming across places that are not the way they get described or having to deal with Realtor broker fees and such. Dealing with someone who lives there and you know gets the benefit of someone who for the most part will be honest. Your next option is spending your first week in a motel/hotel and looking around for yourself. This option of course is good if you have the extra $$ to spend on the hotel room , its also tricky cause you dont know the area

Overall i would find someone who lives there or has family there and have them find a place

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Where can I look for short term apartments(I want to stay for a month) in Bogota and Caracas?
I think these are mostly per month (Barranquilla) -

$350
Apartment for rent in Barranquilla, Colombia - VivaReal

$440

$470

$520

2 bed 2 bath $540

And you can probably find even cheaper if you go down there and haggle.

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
I've been too...

DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo)
Angola
R. C (Republic of Congo)
Brazil

I wan to go to Japan next, India and Russia are also on my agenda. Aussieland can wait, but once I hit those I've been to every continent

:nosy: How'd you like these? I want to live in Congo-Brazzaville, W. DRC or Gabon one day.

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
youll lose certain luxuries but it's an experience of a life time.

All I need is the interwebs. :whew: Do you know how their power is? My Nigerian buddies have zero problems and stay online all day but Ghana and Cameroon. :scusthov:

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Dubai was :lawd:

No traffic, clean streets everywhere, easy to drive, first rate hospitality, and euros/americans who know how to play hard.

I went to the malls (open till 2am) and chilled at the beach.
Went to a bar that floated on turquoise ocean water.
Restaurants were close to Houston prices.
Did typical tourist thing at the souk.
I did not see a single overweight person.
Everybody gets maid service.

My college friends all go to Dubai with the intention of working there temporarily tax free and then moving back, but none of them ever move back.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Dubai was :lawd:

No traffic, clean streets everywhere, easy to drive, first rate hospitality, and euros/americans who know how to play hard.

I went to the malls (open till 2am) and chilled at the beach.
Went to a bar that floated on turquoise ocean water.
Restaurants were close to Houston prices.
Did typical tourist thing at the souk.
I did not see a single overweight person.
Everybody gets maid service.

My college friends all go to Dubai with the intention of working there temporarily tax free and then moving back, but none of them ever move back.

Would you recommend it? I've never been to the Middle East but would consider it.

What's the food game like?

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Anyone ever been to Abu Dhabi??? Got a job opportunity there that I'm thinking of jumping on. Also got the chance to interview for a 2 year spot in Khartoum, Sudan but :ehh:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Are ur boys US citizens or Canadian or another country? I would imagine the immigration officers going crazy when u get back to the US and ur decleration form says u went to N korEa. lol

What's the process for the chinesse visa? Is it like the brazil one? The brazil visa is the GOAT 10yr multi entry :ohlawd:

Nah, if u go to Israel ask them not to stamp ur passport or stamp it on a seperate page, they can hook u up of they want to or they coul
d be dikks and stamp ur passport, it's a gamble:

sorry man I didnt even get a notification for this reply. I just got back home (china) so Im barely seeing it. My boys are british but there was an american girl on the trip and they didn't stamp her passport.

man the chinese visa is quite easy, I paid $140 and I have a one year visa with a 90 day duration (you have to request it) it just takes 24 hours and you have to pay at the consulate. Im from LA so we have one to go to, it's probably a little longer if you dont have one nearby, every 90 days I go to korea and chill with my boy for the weekend, in march im going to head over to HK tho, and june im going to visit my boy in Japan.

My brazilian visa was the same, I just went to the consulate (we have many since LA is a major city) and you pay $100 cash for a 5 yr visa multiple entry, like you said its pretty pimp because I think its 90 day duration but you can hop skip to buenos aires, argentina which is a 45 min flight for dirt cheap and do a weekend. 5 yrs is the shyt. I have to come home every year for my chinese visa.....

...tho I dont see that as a bad thing, it gives me a reason to come back home and see my peeps and family. You say theres a 10, and there might be, but I didnt see, but then again I wasnt lookin for one that long. I was there on vacation not to stay.

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Would you recommend it? I've never been to the Middle East but would consider it.

What's the food game like?

Dubai is like Vegas on steroids, but classy at the same time. I would highly recommend, it is affordable (but not cheap), people are very friendly (random strangers offered their cell phone for me to use), but I wouldn't compare it to the rest of the Middle East. I went to Abu Dhabi which is a short drive away, and it is quite different.

Dubai will have whatever genre of food you are into. While I was there, I wanted to try mostly different types of Arab food and more typical American food. I didn't look for American cuisines like cajun or rican food there, but all the fried chicken, pizza, burger yadda yadda is all there.

I flew in Emirates airlines in business class. Had my own "pod", food menu, random hot food when I felt like it, and latest movies. I felt like a queen the entire time there. The only time I vacay-ed where I didn't feel like I needed some rest to recover.

EKBizClass.jpg

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
All I need is the interwebs. :whew: Do you know how their power is? My Nigerian buddies have zero problems and stay online all day but Ghana and Cameroon. :scusthov:

I wont lie to you, it goes out at least 4 times a week but my aunt has a solar power generator and lives in a pimp ass crib in Gombe. Im actually looking into providing solar panels in kinshasa for business $$$$$. When I was there I bought some expensive 3g usb so I could have nonstop internet but it wasnt that fast, also when my laptop ran out of power at the coffee shop I was pretty much out. Tho I used that time to go outside and mingle with the locals. Again, you lose luxuries but the experience was great.

Are you african? do you speak french or a dialect?

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I flew in Emirates airlines in business class. Had my own "pod", food menu, random hot food when I felt like it, and latest movies. I felt like a queen the entire time there. The only time I vacay-ed where I didn't feel like I needed some rest to recover.

EKBizClass.jpg
You flew on the new airbus plane? :ooh: