Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

Bad Newz

Rookie
Daps
im hoping this happens but for some reason i think they would lose my luggage because of the switch

Usually they don't lose my luggage, but this last time they did. But it wasn't because of the switch. They had bad weather in ATL so about a quarter of the people on the flight didn't get their luggage until the next day. Still was worth it for the damn near free flight to Europe.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
The conversation starts and stops with Costa Rica. 500 colones to $1 usd when I went last year and it's probably an even better exchange rate now. We were eating like royalty for $5-10 a meal. The country has everything you could want in a vacation spot too.

$523 today.
If the wife wasn't so stuck on Cozumel, we would be going to cost Rica again

She actually got real estate agents lined up for a Future place to retire or possible rental income property for our upcoming vacation in a few weeks.

I'm like we could live like royalty in Costa Rica .
We can eat good in Mexico but
1 to 523 beats the hell out of 1 to 20 any day of the week.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Where did you stay?

I'm taking your advice though, I'm setting up that trip today.
Hotel Pumilio mountain and ocean in Jaco. Another member on the forum took my advice and had an excellent time. The staff was very attentive and breakfast was on point every morning. Make sure to opt for the couples massage at night, life changing breh :wow:

We stayed at the presidente hotel in San Jose and although the suite was nice San Jose didn't have much to offer as far as the whole of Costa Rica. It was a great warmup act though for our stay in Jaco.

We took a red eye via spirit and our flight was about $120 per person from here in houston. If you know how to play that airlines games like I do you'll win.

Thanks breh.know of any good places for dinner and drinks?

Stella Barra pizzeria was a nice little wine bar we went to. I can't remember any of the other places we ate at other than the mockingbird bistro for breakfast which was also very good. We didn't spend a ton of time in LA because we flew in and out of Vegas and got it in during Our stay in Sin City.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
$523 today.
If the wife wasn't so stuck on Cozumel, we would be going to cost Rica again

She actually got real estate agents lined up for a Future place to retire or possible rental income property for our upcoming vacation in a few weeks.

I'm like we could live like royalty in Costa Rica .
We can eat good in Mexico but
1 to 523 beats the hell out of 1 to 20 any day of the week.
My wife is half Mexican and refuses to vacation in Mexico. Wanted to see that Raiders Texans game last year since it would've been a cheap smash and grab but she put the foot down on that one. I haven't been to Mexico since I was a kid and it's only an 8 hour drive to the border :heh:

Make sure to keep your head on a swivel down there, been hearing they've been capturing American like Pokémon and holding them for ransom, when the family doesn't pay up they mail the heads back to them in a box :huhldup:

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
My wife is half Mexican and refuses to vacation in Mexico. Wanted to see that Raiders Texans game last year since it would've been a cheap smash and grab but she put the foot down on that one. I haven't been to Mexico since I was a kid and it's only an 8 hour drive to the border :heh:

Make sure to keep your head on a swivel down there, been hearing they've been capturing American like Pokémon and holding them for ransom, when the family doesn't pay up they mail the heads back to them in a box :huhldup:
Mexico or Costa Rica?

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hotel Pumilio mountain and ocean in Jaco. Another member on the forum took my advice and had an excellent time. The staff was very attentive and breakfast was on point every morning. Make sure to opt for the couples massage at night, life changing breh :wow:

We stayed at the presidente hotel in San Jose and although the suite was nice San Jose didn't have much to offer as far as the whole of Costa Rica. It was a great warmup act though for our stay in Jaco.

We took a red eye via spirit and our flight was about $120 per person from here in houston. If you know how to play that airlines games like I do you'll win.

Stella Barra pizzeria was a nice little wine bar we went to. I can't remember any of the other places we ate at other than the mockingbird bistro for breakfast which was also very good. We didn't spend a ton of time in LA because we flew in and out of Vegas and got it in during Our stay in Sin City.
:ohhh: I stayed at hotel pumilio last August , had the couples massage in the rain forest and ate that delicious breakfast :wow:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

cozumel is a little different.
its the island about 30 miles from playa
its only 29 miles around and only half of it is developed
out of 100,000 people , 30,000 are U.S. ex- patriots.
its actually has its own police force and is heavily controlled by the tourist industry.

Knock on wood, but the crime rate is super low right now

from usa today

Safety Tips for Cozumel, Mexico

When traveling in Cozumel, don't spend all of your time worrying about safety. Keep in mind that the crime rate here is lower than in most large cities around the world, and the likelihood of violent crime is low. A tourist police force patrols the island, and its priority is to maintain safe streets to attract visitors.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh: I stayed at hotel pumilio last August , had the couples massage in the rain forest and ate that delicious breakfast :wow:

I think you were the one that followed my advice. Look back in this thread and I'm sure you'll find the post about them needing to burn the sheets on the couples balcony suite on the far right since me and the wife were moving furniture up in there :shaq:

Mexico or Costa Rica?

Cartels are in Mexico, we only had trouble with one bum that thought we owed him $5 because he knew where the hidden and guarded entrance was to our hotel. :stopitslime:

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think you were the one that followed my advice. Look back in this thread and I'm sure you'll find the post about them needing to burn the sheets on the couples balcony suite on the far right since me and the wife were moving furniture up in there :shaq:

Cartels are in Mexico, we only had trouble with one bum that thought we owed him $5 because he knew where the hidden and guarded entrance was to our hotel. :stopitslime:
Yup that was you. My homeboy and his wife stayed in that room:dead:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Anybody used Airbnb before? :dame:

How is it? :dame:
Used it in Tokyo and about to use it again next month in Cuba. Like someone else said it's a more authentic experience living in a place rather than an impersonal stay at a hotel.

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
Used it in Tokyo and about to use it again next month in Cuba. Like someone else said it's a more authentic experience living in a place rather than an impersonal stay at a hotel.
I generally use it exclusively when I'm in other countries. I like them better than hotels, gives you more of an authentic experience

Cool, I was thinking about using it in Korea while I'm here. Probably this weekend good looks :ehh:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Anybody used Airbnb before? :dame:

How is it? :dame:
Every trip... we used it in NYC, Paris, London and Croatia. Only place we kinda got burnt was London, but we picked the cheapest place we could find there. Lesson learned. I prefer it though... nobody rifling through your shyt, nobody in your business watching you come and go, and you don't have to eat out every meal. I like to cook so it really works well.

Going to use it in Barcelona and Tel Aviv next month. They can be on that :mjpls:though, my wife books everything