Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
My Christmas 2017 trip will be a mini West African tour. No Eurotrip for me because the way my Nigerian passport set up :francis:

Instead, I'll hit Lagos, Cotonou, Accra, Abijan and Dakar.

So that's Nigeria, Benin, Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire and Senegal. Gonna put my French to work:blessed: the scenes of the West African backpacking. I'll bring back pics

I'll plan my proper Eurotrip when I get my US citizenship and won't have to apply for those dang tourist visas.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
My Christmas 2017 trip will be a mini West African tour. No Eurotrip for me because the way my Nigerian passport set up :francis:

Instead, I'll hit Lagos, Cotonou, Accra, Abijan and Dakar.

So that's Nigeria, Benin, Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire and Senegal. Gonna put my French to work:blessed: the scenes of the West African backpacking. I'll bring back pics

I'll plan my proper Eurotrip when I get my US citizenship and won't have to apply for those dang tourist visas.
Why Cameroon ain't on ya list breh? :usure:You still mad they took the cup and Nigeria didn't even qualify :skip:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
anybody have any good carry on luggage suggestions?...:lupe:
What airlines and where do you plan on going? Just like tools over time me and the wife have accumulated different pieces for diff scenarios. Domestic size carry ons are larger than what's allowed in Europe, and if we fly spirit airlines they have their own bag size so we take that one with us.

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
What airlines and where do you plan on going? Just like tools over time me and the wife have accumulated different pieces for diff scenarios. Domestic size carry ons are larger than what's allowed in Europe, and if we fly spirit airlines they have their own bag size so we take that one with us.

Delta, on a business trip to ATL...

...but I plan on traveling alot in the future, I'm just getting my feet wet with my job.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Why Cameroon ain't on ya list breh? :usure:You still mad they took the cup and Nigeria didn't even qualify :skip:

Lmao! They aren't on the list because of their geographical location. Cameroon is East of Nigeria. My journey will be Western Africa. So pretty much the major cities west of Lagos and along the Atlantic coast.

Definitely Accra, Cotonou, Abidjan, Dakar. Possibly Freetown, Bissau, Banjul and Conakry depending on how much time I take off.

I'm most excited about Accra because this will be my second time going, but first time as an adult (last time I was 15 or 16 in high school, went on a week long field trip with some classmates, this was in Nigeria).

I feel this is like an American going to London for holiday. Nigeria & Ghana are like the US-UK of W. Africa. Plus one of my boys is in Accra.

Also really excited for Abidjan. I've heard the city is really bustling and it's one of the largest French speaking cities in the world.

I really think Africans in the diaspora should look more into African tourism. My parents went on a trip to Congo-Brazzaville and the resorts there were crazy nice for less money.

My plan for Cameroon will be in 2018. Will tour Eastern Nigeria then head off to Douala. Also planning on Kenya, Angola and S. Africa that year as well.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Delta, on a business trip to ATL...

...but I plan on traveling alot in the future, I'm just getting my feet wet with my job.

In that case just go with standard size samsonites. For European carryons look at the American tourister bags that Walmart sells. They are cheap but they fit the weird ass dimensions required on most European airlines.

Lmao! They aren't on the list because of their geographical location. Cameroon is East of Nigeria. My journey will be Western Africa. So pretty much the major cities west of Lagos and along the Atlantic coast.

Definitely Accra, Cotonou, Abidjan, Dakar. Possibly Freetown, Bissau, Banjul and Conakry depending on how much time I take off.

I'm most excited about Accra because this will be my second time going, but first time as an adult (last time I was 15 or 16 in high school, went on a week long field trip with some classmates, this was in Nigeria).

I feel this is like an American going to London for holiday. Nigeria & Ghana are like the US-UK of W. Africa. Plus one of my boys is in Accra.

Also really excited for Abidjan. I've heard the city is really bustling and it's one of the largest French speaking cities in the world.

I really think Africans in the diaspora should look more into African tourism. My parents went on a trip to Congo-Brazzaville and the resorts there were crazy nice for less money.

My plan for Cameroon will be in 2018. Will tour Eastern Nigeria then head off to Douala. Also planning on Kenya, Angola and S. Africa that year as well.

Been interested in seeing morocco and Egypt but I haven't really been interested in anything sun saharan except South Africa since I'm not familiar with how well developed other nations outside of Nigeria are. They did a grand tour episode in Africa though on a resort that had Serengeti animals roaming in the open. I would like to visit something like that but there would be a big language barrier in the more unincorporated areas.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Used it in Tokyo and about to use it again next month in Cuba. Like someone else said it's a more authentic experience living in a place rather than an impersonal stay at a hotel.

NEVER stay in a hotel in tokyo, try to stick to BnB, them shyt are tiny and they cost the same as the much bigger airbnb.

Brehs...first off, fukk that storm on the east coast for fukking up my next 4 days. Me and a work colleague had decided to go to Argentina last night since we were both off. He was in Montreal for business and I was in San Francisco. Had to catch a flight from JFK but all his flights got cancelled and mines sat on the damn tarmac at sfo for 2hrs waiting on clearance from the east coast radar traffic control to head that way. Missed the connection smh. I should be in Buenos Aires doing the tango for the next 2 nights but instead...took a flight right back to the crib and chalked up my L.

I've travelled over 10000 miles this week for work domestically and I'm exhausted. I could go for a quality pampered Japanese bathhouse right now...

man tell me about it, been traveling on and off since december, Im finally settled in last week and am looking at one of them bathhouses this weekend

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
Thanks breh.know of any good places for dinner and drinks?

It's been a while since I've been but here's a few suggestions..

For dinner, La Muscleria. It's a restaurant that specializes in mussels. I don't think I've seen a menu with so many mussel options.

For drinks/dancing, Marula Cafe. It's in the cut so it might be hard to find but once you're there it's pretty dope. Older mostly local crowd and soulful house music, if you're into that sort of thing.

Jamboree is another spot for dancing. Small basement spot that plays mostly commercial hip-hop or 'top 40' hip-hop from a couple years ago. Mix of locals and tourists. All the darkness and grinding makes it good for finding a sket.

I did a double decker bus tour on the route that takes you through Gracia, the northern part of the city. Gracia has more of a 'village' feel to it's neighborhoods it was cool to see that variety.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I'm in Singapore/Malaysia. Got harassed a few times and searched by the Secret Society Branch (Singapore's Gang Task Force) :snoop:. Otherwise been a great experience eating great food, visiting fam and nightlife is pretty good.
Why were they harassing you?