Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Caught a hell of a flight deal on a website I use called escapehouston.com (they have other cities so you might want to check them out).

Flying directly to Paris for $460 per person for a second consecutive thanksgiving brehs. Wanted to country hop like the last time we went but wifey put the brakes on that shyt immediately :usure:

Going to do Paris and Rome then a 23 hour layover in London to see a friend.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
We stayed at the Venice suites for $130 a night and enjoyed staying on the beach. You walk outside about 40 feet from the hotel and you're on the sand. We also stayed in a nice place in Anaheim when we went to Disneyland but I can't remember the hotel name. Hotels.com is where it's at and just hunt for the 10-15% off coupons they issue every now and then.

Any recommendations on things to see or places to visit outside of the usual tourist hot spots?

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Going to Barcelona and Paris in June .been to Paris before but any of you brehs got info on what's poppin in Barcelona ?

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Any recommendations on things to see or places to visit outside of the usual tourist hot spots?

The entire town of LA is a tourist hotspot lol. We had a good time doing Griffith observatory and Santa Monica pier. Also checked out Neptunes Net since I'm a big fan of Fast and Furious, it's the restaurant they are it in the first movie and was also in Iron Man 2. Def get some beach time in at Venice beach, we saw dolphins swimming a couple hundred yards away and I witnessed some of the baddest bytches on earth getting their jog on in bikinis as well.

Going to Barcelona and Paris in June .been to Paris before but any of you brehs got info on what's poppin in Barcelona ?

Def see familia segrada and pay to see the inside as well, I'm not religious whatsoever but the church site is crazy both inside and out. We rented a car to see the whole city and I recommend that as well.

Make sure you get to the airport EARLY for your return flight, we got caught in a protest that stranded us in Barcelona (which apparently is a common occurrence in that city). Scary ass thought not having a return flight home especially due to some a$$holes that decided to cause mayhem. It worked out though since we got home for free and copped vouchers from united that paid for our trip in May to Cuba.

Check out the bosqueria mercada as well, get shopping out of the way for your woman quick. Brush up on your Spanish, English isn't well spoken there outside of the segrada area.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The entire town of LA is a tourist hotspot lol. We had a good time doing Griffith observatory and Santa Monica pier. Also checked out Neptunes Net since I'm a big fan of Fast and Furious, it's the restaurant they are it in the first movie and was also in Iron Man 2. Def get some beach time in at Venice beach, we saw dolphins swimming a couple hundred yards away and I witnessed some of the baddest bytches on earth getting their jog on in bikinis as well.

Def see familia segrada and pay to see the inside as well, I'm not religious whatsoever but the church site is crazy both inside and out. We rented a car to see the whole city and I recommend that as well.

Make sure you get to the airport EARLY for your return flight, we got caught in a protest that stranded us in Barcelona (which apparently is a common occurrence in that city). Scary ass thought not having a return flight home especially due to some a$$holes that decided to cause mayhem. It worked out though since we got home for free and copped vouchers from united that paid for our trip in May to Cuba.

Check out the bosqueria mercada as well, get shopping out of the way for your woman quick. Brush up on your Spanish, English isn't well spoken there outside of the segrada area.
Thanks breh.know of any good places for dinner and drinks?

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The conversation starts and stops with Costa Rica. 500 colones to $1 usd when I went last year and it's probably an even better exchange rate now. We were eating like royalty for $5-10 a meal. The country has everything you could want in a vacation spot too.
Where did you stay?

I'm taking your advice though, I'm setting up that trip today.

Bad Newz

Rookie
Daps
Travel tip....

When at the airport, sit next to the counter in case they ask for volunteers to give up their seats for a later flight.... Did this in Louisiana... Soon as dude announced they were overbooked i jumped on it.... Got a $600 flight voucher..... Just used it to go to London and Paris for Christmas.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The conversation starts and stops with Costa Rica. 500 colones to $1 usd when I went last year and it's probably an even better exchange rate now. We were eating like royalty for $5-10 a meal. The country has everything you could want in a vacation spot too.

Listen to this man.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Travel tip....

When at the airport, sit next to the counter in case they ask for volunteers to give up their seats for a later flight.... Did this in Louisiana... Soon as dude announced they were overbooked i jumped on it.... Got a $600 flight voucher..... Just used it to go to London and Paris for Christmas.

im hoping this happens but for some reason i think they would lose my luggage because of the switch