Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
My new goal is more African travel over European travel. There's more in Africa to see than Europe. Find it crazy I'm running to see Europe when as a Nigerian I haven't ventures to some key countries in Africa.

Countries on my list to see:

Priority 1: South Africa, Kenya, Angola, Ghana (2nd visit)

Priority 2: Senegal, Cameroon, Botswana, Ethiopia

Priority 3: Morocco, DRC (depends on security), Sierra Leone

Though not African country but with heavy African influence is Brazil. But I see Brazil as a place I'd like to have some stronger roots.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Can anyone put me on good sites/ways to learn French and Portuguese? I'm in the DC area FYI.

My goal: To be able to converse with anyone is sub-Saharan Africa in a language they will understand (for business/political purposes and aspirations). So English, French and Portuguese will get you there. Ethiopia gonna be a bit of a struggle due to Amharic :francis:.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Dip

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
Which countries? I've been to Rome and Barcelona twice. So I can help. What are you into? Do you want to see country side or mainly stay in the city?

I'm going to Barcelona, Paris, Rome and Venice.
I'm spending the most time in Barcelona, if you could do 1 thing outside the city of Barcelona (within a few hours of travel) what would it be?

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I spent the past week in Paris, more pics coming probably Saturday. But here's 1

10i6p76.jpg

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
So nobody went to carnival :francis:
Missed it, in Brisbane now. Honestly, I don't mind being out here during Mardi Gras. Sometimes, it's a bit much. People really be going overboard for me. Catch me inside, how bout dat?

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Been thinking about going there.

Questions:

Did you go alone? (I like traveling solo)
Do you speak French? If not, did you have any trouble communicating?
People will talk to you if you don't know French but it is a plus. It was the one language I took the most in school but to be honest, when you're in france, all that training goes out the window. I'd say I understood 30% of what was said, 50% of what I read. Fortunately language is about context too

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
I'm going to Barcelona, Paris, Rome and Venice.
I'm spending the most time in Barcelona, if you could do 1 thing outside the city of Barcelona (within a few hours of travel) what would it be?

Outside of Barcelona I've only been to the Costa Brava region. The town I stayed in was Lloret de Mar. I was only there for a couple days and the weather wasn't great. I honestly don't remember much about it. It's an hour by bus to get there.

Google search "lloret de mar party" if you want to know what to do.

I hear good things about Girona which is an hour by train.

If you're into art the Salvador Dali museum is in Figueres which is a little bit farther then Lloret de Mar.

You could also head south to Tarragona which is famous for their Roman ruins.

Tons to see and do honestly. If anything I'd try to get to a FC Barcelona game.

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
Outside of Barcelona I've only been to the Costa Brava region. The town I stayed in was Lloret de Mar. I was only there for a couple days and the weather wasn't great. I honestly don't remember much about it. It's an hour by bus to get there.

Google search "lloret de mar party" if you want to know what to do.

I hear good things about Girona which is an hour by train.

If you're into art the Salvador Dali museum is in Figueres which is a little bit farther then Lloret de Mar.

You could also head south to Tarragona which is famous for their Roman ruins.

Tons to see and do honestly. If anything I'd try to get to a FC Barcelona game.

Thanks, I'll look into it.
Yea, we are seeing a game on our last day there, I can't wait.