Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
I am going to be in Hawaii for 2 weeks in January. Anybody been and have any tips?

Which island(s) are you going to ?

Oahu is the most visited and populated island. Honolulu is the capital...has a downtown area, Chinatown, lots of people, skyscrapers...a legit city. Waikiki is on the far end of Honolulu, which is where all the hotels, restaurants, and beaches are. Diamond Head, an inactive volcano, rises over Waikiki . ..you can hike to center of the crater.

The north shore of Oahu is rural, countryside, farms, etc....also home to the 'the pipeline' a famous beach for its perfect surfing waves. Waimea Bay is a popular beach also...you can jump into the ocean from a rock 30 ft above. Good snorkeling at Sharks cove depending on the tide.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
came back from paris about a week ago. shot from montmartre, down the street from where i stayed.
IMG_0323.jpg

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Which island(s) are you going to ?

Oahu is the most visited and populated island. Honolulu is the capital...has a downtown area, Chinatown, lots of people, skyscrapers...a legit city. Waikiki is on the far end of Honolulu, which is where all the hotels, restaurants, and beaches are. Diamond Head, an inactive volcano, rises over Waikiki . ..you can hike to center of the crater.

The north shore of Oahu is rural, countryside, farms, etc....also home to the 'the pipeline' a famous beach for its perfect surfing waves. Waimea Bay is a popular beach also...you can jump into the ocean from a rock 30 ft above. Good snorkeling at Sharks cove depending on the tide.

I'll be in Honolulu for a week for work. After that I can go wherever I want, I have another week to myself. I'll be there by myself. What do you think the best island to go to in my situation?

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I'm trying to get to Cuba early next year. I just discovered the thread, anyone here been yet ? Got any insight into ways I can get over there compliant with the restrictions ? I'm super serious too, pm me if you don't want to post publicly.

Thanks in advance.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
I'll be in Honolulu for a week for work. After that I can go wherever I want, I have another week to myself. I'll be there by myself. What do you think the best island to go to in my situation?

Oahu is the best for being solo. Plenty of bars, hostels, restaurants to meet tourists, backpackers, etc. If you want to checkout another island....Maui is also a good option. There are hostels and backpackers there as well....just not as "urban" as Oahu.

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
I've never been to Vegas but I have a friend who has. He keeps insisting we go but I'm kinda like :whoa: When I ask him what makes Vegas so great his reasoning is that everything is on the strip so you don't need to pay for cabs, you can drink in public, and pool parties. I get "it" but I'm not much of a partier anymore and none of those things he mentioned are a draw for me. On top of that dude is kinda cheap so I'm not tryna be eating Subway every night for dinner:comeon: Is it possible to have a good time there if me and my mans have different tastes?