Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@The Wave
You got any recommendations for holiday spots back home?
I got a girl that really wanna go naija with me real bad problem is every time I go, I got straight to the village in Benin :patrice:she aint gonna be ready for all that even though she claims thats what she wants to experience :patrice:

Shes AA so I want her to get to try out the food and just experience the culture I just can't take her to the hood but that's all I know:pachaha:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I know a few DC and NYC folks are on here:

A ticket to Africa for 500 bucks is beyond a "steal."

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Are all of those pics in Paris? Some of them look like Italy to me

So how was it, breh?

All of those was Paris, most were in the museum, I forget the name but it's a must see when you go.

My brother out here pipe lining international chicks on his first go round, talking to them before you even get there.....I need a moment

IsZF8pX.gif

We got a bidet, once you experience the glory of them you can't go back to the savagery of toilet paper :scust: I never been to Japan, maybe I'll go someday in the future, they definitely need to learn the ways of the post, you gave them a sample but they are so far behind they need as many disciples over there as possible.

The look on my face the first time I saw a bidet and the water attachment on the toilet :ohhh::dwillhuh: like how do you work this contraption. These things need to make their way to American we have been doing it all wrong.

Who's been to Italy? Specifically Rome and the northern regions like Venice/Milian/etc... Only part I've been to was Sicily and that was miserable (weather was shytty the entire time).

Did you end up going? How was it?
Been to Venice and Rome [and Florence].

Florence has two great art galleries with some world famous works and is good to hang out in at night. But apart from that I didn't find it particularly compelling.

Rome is great for the history. Vatican. Vatican museum. Coliseum. Plus lots more locations. It's a huge city so you might need a few days there to take it all in.

Venice. Is truly amazing. Most amazing tourist destination I've ever been to. Just very very picturesque. Like a painting. You have to see it to understand. Take your girl there. She'll love you forever.

Food is great throughout. Girls are pretty. Good wine. Good ice cream. Easy enough to find your way around.

Did the hostel thing. Cheap. Get to meet a new people. Lots of student backpackers.

I'm moving to Naples next month, what you know about it?

IslandG

All Star
Daps
All of those was Paris, most were in the museum, I forget the name but it's a must see when you go.

The look on my face the first time I saw a bidet and the water attachment on the toilet :ohhh::dwillhuh: like how do you work this contraption. These things need to make their way to American we have been doing it all wrong.

Did you end up going? How was it?

I'm moving to Naples next month, what you know about it?
Never been unfortunately.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
You got the wrong breh, I live in Paris :yeshrug: only been to London once for like two days, and that was ten years ago
my bad breh. I got london info covered now. I got the airbnb in Le marais near Republique? Looking for good $ and $$ restaurant recommendations. spicy food e.g. thai, indian, etc. turkish and greek is cool too. is actual french food any good? spending 3 days there.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
my bad breh. I got london info covered now. I got the airbnb in Le marais near Republique? Looking for good $ and $$ restaurant recommendations. spicy food e.g. thai, indian, etc. turkish and greek is cool too. is actual french food any good? spending 3 days there.

I'll get back at you later for restaurant tips. Le Marais is the trendy/gay/jewish/hipster neighbourhood of Paris, hope you're aware of that, and everything is more expensive there (FULL of tourists, as you have fashion stores and art galleries in the area too). It's extremely central, maybe too central for me. It's not that close to République actually, République is a much better area imo.

Yes french food is quite good, a lot of good stuff. Problem is the real good stuf is usually haute gastronomie, meaning it costs a little. But you get your money's worth in basically any restaurant even if the choice is limited.

You have a whole area in Strasbourg Saint Denis with indian food, turkish is mostly corner kebabs. I'll try to get back at you with actual adresses.