Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Unfortunately I'm locked into April due to the schedules of some of the folks I'm traveling with. I can deal with colder weather, even if it's not preferred.

Will probably fly in/out of Joburg. I know we want to see Mandela's cell (is it worth it?), so that'll mean a trip to Cape Town, and we'll want to do a safari. Other than that I'm trying to map things out.

I like to experience the nightlife of every place I visit just to get the vibe, too, if y'all have any recommendations.

I think they have some safari places near Jozi but if you want to do THE safari its like a 6 hour drive from there, its called Kruger national park. How many days are you going? If you not going for a long time might want to just stick to one place. I prefer the nightlife in Jozi to Capetown but you probably need to know somebody who lives there to find good places to go. Really you probably need somebody who lives in Jozi to have a good time, I don't remember it being touristy. I knew people who lived there so I had a great time. One of the best places I've been.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Unfortunately I'm locked into April due to the schedules of some of the folks I'm traveling with. I can deal with colder weather, even if it's not preferred.

Will probably fly in/out of Joburg. I know we want to see Mandela's cell (is it worth it?), so that'll mean a trip to Cape Town, and we'll want to do a safari. Other than that I'm trying to map things out.

I like to experience the nightlife of every place I visit just to get the vibe, too, if y'all have any recommendations.
Just read thru my thread.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Got another criuse lined up for December
Half moon cay
Grand Cayman
Cozumel
Key west

Probably going to spend another week in Cozumel next April using work travel points
got enough to cover the flight and the hotel!
only have to worry about food:ahh:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Something light to start off the year

Pari

rlU6bXG.jpg

4CQKKMG.jpg

kKK7Sbk.jpg

z3UHFkb.jpg

7ODuULx.jpg

JSbYuEa.jpg

Eat the booty like groceries?
N9arfeG.jpg

NOq3CHB.jpg

nkupmEm.jpg

xVVKlyM.jpg

hYuETGA.jpg

MhgKxpY.jpg

xzAJ6Sl.jpg

LC6CoLX.jpg

My living room

dk9wppG.jpg

jjeidSk.jpg

BTeHa2P.jpg

Are all of those pics in Paris? Some of them look like Italy to me

Brehs bout to go to Costa Rica with the lady this coming week. Jaco beach to be specific. Do you all have any tips on what to do?

So how was it, breh?

theoretic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:wow:

My brother about to go out in this world and teach these infidels the low post game.

19 years from now the half South African Theoretic Jr. will go 1 in the draft. Good shyt my breh, all jokes aside I'd rep you if I could.

The Motherland is most definitely on the bucket list. My first trip abroad though had to be Japan. I've been learning Japanese for my work and met a Japanese shorty online in the process. She let me stay at her spot for a week. :wow:

YOCZyc4.jpg

Four days in Tokyo and two days in Kyoto.

Positives

- Food
I had ramen and curry for the first time. :wow: Ate a fish called hamo while in kyoto. shyt was on point.

- Bidet
I have seen the light. shyt was glorious. :ahh: The first time I used it, I kept wiping my ass afterwards ( :dame: ) wondering where the shyt residue was. :dwillhuh: I'll be ordering a bidet attachment for my toilet as soon as possible. From now on, any toilet I see without a bidet is getting the :scust:face from me.

- temples
Pretty damn cool. Can't really elaborate on it.:ld:

Negatives

- food
The first thing I ate when I got to my shorty's spot was octopus. :snoop: I shouldn't have leaned into that shyt. My digestive system wasn't ready. :to: A negus had the squirts for a couple of days. But once I bounced back from the IR, it was smooth sailing.

- the stares

Honestly, I really wasn't tripping off the stares. Going into it, I knew I would get them. There are several reasons why you would get stared at in Japan, and unfortunately, I checked a few boxes. 1) non east asian appearance 2) black 3) 6'6" 4) japanese shorty on the arm. For the most part, the stares were harmless. People just a little startled to see a 6'6" negus on the block. :leon: It was a couple of times where I felt like some bammas were mean mugging, but them little ass nikkas ain't phase me. :childplease:

- the plane ride
It's hard being 6'6" in economy.
:francis:

Overall, I had a pretty good time. I'll post some pictures later, but my photography game is pretty weak. :manny:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
The Motherland is most definitely on the bucket list. My first trip abroad though had to be Japan. I've been learning Japanese for my work and met a Japanese shorty online in the process. She let me stay at her spot for a week. :wow:

YOCZyc4.jpg

Four days in Tokyo and two days in Kyoto.

Positives

- Food
I had ramen and curry for the first time. :wow: Ate a fish called hamo while in kyoto. shyt was on point.

- Bidet
I have seen the light. shyt was glorious. :ahh: The first time I used it, I kept wiping my ass afterwards ( :dame: ) wondering where the shyt residue was. :dwillhuh: I'll be ordering a bidet attachment for my toilet as soon as possible. From now on, any toilet I see without a bidet is getting the :scust:face from me.

- temples
Pretty damn cool. Can't really elaborate on it.:ld:

Negatives

- food
The first thing I ate when I got to my shorty's spot was octopus. :snoop: I shouldn't have leaned into that shyt. My digestive system wasn't ready. :to: A negus had the squirts for a couple of days. But once I bounced back from the IR, it was smooth sailing.

- the stares

Honestly, I really wasn't tripping off the stares. Going into it, I knew I would get them. There are several reasons why you would get stared at in Japan, and unfortunately, I checked a few boxes. 1) non east asian appearance 2) black 3) 6'6" 4) japanese shorty on the arm. For the most part, the stares were harmless. People just a little startled to see a 6'6" negus on the block. :leon: It was a couple of times where I felt like some bammas were mean mugging, but them little ass nikkas ain't phase me. :childplease:

- the plane ride
It's hard being 6'6" in economy.
:francis:

Overall, I had a pretty good time. I'll post some pictures later, but my photography game is pretty weak. :manny:

My brother out here pipe lining international chicks on his first go round, talking to them before you even get there.....I need a moment

IsZF8pX.gif

We got a bidet, once you experience the glory of them you can't go back to the savagery of toilet paper :scust: I never been to Japan, maybe I'll go someday in the future, they definitely need to learn the ways of the post, you gave them a sample but they are so far behind they need as many disciples over there as possible.

theoretic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
My brother out here pipe lining international chicks on his first go round, talking to them before you even get there.....I need a moment

IsZF8pX.gif

We got a bidet, once you experience the glory of them you can't go back to the savagery of toilet paper :scust: I never been to Japan, maybe I'll go someday in the future, they definitely need to learn the ways of the post, you gave them a sample but they are so far behind they need as many disciples over there as possible.

I don't think I saw a basketball court the entire time I was there.
vXu8mK8.gif

They can be a great people, brother... they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. :wow:

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC

I feel ignorant as hell, why is this bidet thing so amazing :ohhh:

I just googled what it is but maybe i'm missing something

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Who's been to Italy? Specifically Rome and the northern regions like Venice/Milian/etc... Only part I've been to was Sicily and that was miserable (weather was shytty the entire time).

IslandG

All Star
Daps
Who's been to Italy? Specifically Rome and the northern regions like Venice/Milian/etc... Only part I've been to was Sicily and that was miserable (weather was shytty the entire time).

Been to Venice and Rome [and Florence].

Florence has two great art galleries with some world famous works and is good to hang out in at night. But apart from that I didn't find it particularly compelling.

Rome is great for the history. Vatican. Vatican museum. Coliseum. Plus lots more locations. It's a huge city so you might need a few days there to take it all in.

Venice. Is truly amazing. Most amazing tourist destination I've ever been to. Just very very picturesque. Like a painting. You have to see it to understand. Take your girl there. She'll love you forever.

Food is great throughout. Girls are pretty. Good wine. Good ice cream. Easy enough to find your way around.

Did the hostel thing. Cheap. Get to meet a new people. Lots of student backpackers.