Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
Any good places to eat? Things to do at night? Going with my girl so I'm trying to find things for us to do
Off the rip, do either of you speak Spanish? Not saying you can't get by without it but it'll make a major difference in your experience. Definitely less English (if any) being spoken than other more touristy cities in Mexico.

If you don't know anyone local to take you to the cuts, Condesa and Colonia Roma are the neighborhoods where I'd probably spend most of my time. Both neighborhoods have lots of restaurants and litte random shops. Pretty safe and chill areas. El Centro (downtown) is cool to walk around during the day. Check the Zocolo (one of the largest plazas in the world), Palacio de Bellas Artes. If you're into museums and Mexican culture the Museo Nacional de Antropologia is defintiely worth a visit.

Food. Here are a couple spots I know that were on point. I can't guarantee anyone will speak english in these spots though.

Tlayudas - Av. San Luis Potosí 13, Col. Roma Norte - try the tlayudas with chapulines
Tres Galeones - Calle Jalapa 117, Roma Norte - bomb seafood tacos
Taquitos Frontera - corner of Av. Alvaro Obregon & Merida, Roma Norte - I can't remember what my friend ordered for me off the menu but possibly the best Mexican food I ever had. Guaranteed no one here speaks English though.
Hamburguesas a la Parilla (and the taco stand beside it) - corner of Morelia & Colima, Roma Norte - I ate at the taco stand and they sell nothing but tacos using head meat (tongue, cheek, etc.) Maaaad good though. My friend said the burger spot beside it is supposed to be really good.
FYI, If you eat food off the street it's better to do it from stands that have a line or look busy.

Nighttime? If you're around on a Friday I'd definitely go to Arena Mexico for the Lucha Libre wrestling. If you got it spend a few dollars extra and get the floor seats. This spot Pata Negra is a cool bar and I think they play some hip-hop in there at night. There's this dope mezcaleria called La Clandestina. Mainly a spot to sit around and talk but they have the ill mezcal selection. For whatever reason here in the states bartenders will mix mezcal with other things (no-no). Down there you're supposed to sip it straight.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Last edited:

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
is mexico city even safe? heard that place is is worst than rio de janero

Believe mainstream opinions brehs

fukking of course its safe unless u going to look for decapitated babies to fukk...

Americans are so xenophobic it makes me sick

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
How hard is it to get an official pass to go to cuba though? Heard you can only go for one of 12 "allowable" reasons. :jbhmm:

You don't need a "pass." As previously stated, they go by the "honor" system. You determine which "license" to go under. A lot of people go under "Educational" and "Support of the Cuban People." AVOID going under "Journalism" :whoa:

Other than that, the U.S don't give a fukk anymore :pachaha:

If you get your VISA beforehand, it is $85. $100 at the airport

N.J.stan

RIP Mac Miller
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You don't need a "pass." As previously stated, they go by the "honor" system. You determine which "license" to go under. A lot of people go under "Educational" and "Support of the Cuban People." AVOID going under "Journalism" :whoa:

Other than that, the U.S don't give a fukk anymore :pachaha:

If you get your VISA beforehand, it is $85. $100 at the airport

:wow:

Good to know breh. Just got back from the DR and looking to hit up Cuba next :jawalrus: