Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I've been to Madeira (home of Rolando ) but never mainland Portugal.. It was okay.. but nothing to brag about..

But let me tell you.. Tossa Del Mar and all of the little towns along that Coast in Spain have some of the most beautiful spots I've ever seen.. And it completely affordable...

The women the food the hiking, the scenery, the architecture, the snorkeling, the people/service were all top notch..

South France I had my first racist experience in all of the time and places I've stayed in France.. and Im not one to talk about stuff like the but it was BLATANT and it came from a shop owner and not just some random tourist.. ..I could never in good conscious ever recommend South France as a destination spot... Not just because of that one spot but overall people down there were rude and just very unfriendly .. And since I've gotten back to the North from vacation I've had one French dude from Paris( white) and my barber (Morrocan cat) how overall people in the South France are madd rude and how they never go and vacation there either

I've been to Porto (twice) and Lisbon (once) and I really loved it, tbh wasn't looking at all for nature whatever but architecture, food, art scene and people were just great...prob will be going back to Lisbon in the near future

Yeah South of France has that issue, if you followed the whole burkini bullshyt over the summer well that's where it happened, also where the Front National gets a lot of votes from, and they have some batshyt crazy mayors here and there...unfortunately not surprised. It's a strange mix of old shool french bourgeoisie and pieds-noirs (people who were in former French Algeria who left at independence) that still have a LOT of resentment. I've personnaly never really been all the way south but heard a lot of stories too

I saw on the news a couple weeks ago how they created some kinda fake beach with sand and lawn chairs in Paris..

Lol shyt is a mess.

Yeah Paris Plage :russ:

Utterly useless, there's already enough spots long la Seine and Canal Saint Martin to chill by the water, the fake beach doesn't add anything. Been there once in 4 years just to have a look, since then it's :camby:

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Going to go Europe(Paris and Amsterdam) in about two weeks for 8 days, and I know worst case it'll cost me $2800(flight, food, commuting from airport to room, partying, room cost, etc)

Lodging:
Hostels

Traveling from Paris to Amsterdam will done by train.

I'll be going alone, but starting now I'mma go on dating sites to get girls to show me around, plus the hostels I'll be at should have plenty of other young travelers to hang with.

FYI my passport is valid.
Advice???

@Malta @Azul @Mogwli @mbewane @Skooby
I bet u looking for Pawgs out there huh:mjlol:

Went to Paris in 2014 arc de triomphe and sacre coure are 2 places you def wanna visit

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
@Captain_Crunch

8 days for Paris AND Amsterdam? That's not a lot...

Anyways you could use Airbnb, will lower your costs and you get to meet local people. I only use that when I'm travelling now. Problem with hostels is that you end up with other tourists, but depends what you're looking for.

Did you already take your train ticket ? You can book it online and you might get some good prices. Especially if you travel on odd days like wedneday afternoon or whatever.

In Paris you can already start organizing your stuff here : ratp.fr - Visiting Paris . Public transportation works really well in Paris. I would recommend a five-day pass.

The best area in Paris imo is the North-East (République, Belleville, Ménilmontant, Oberkampf...) that's where are a lot of bars, clubs, restaurants, etc. I would look for accomodation in that area. A couple bars/places to check out : Downtown Café, Alimentation Générale, Bellevilloise. Comptoir général also is nice, but was better a couple years ago. Bar Le Jeune, Paname Café, La Cigale, Badaboum, New Morning...all places you can check out to go out

Things to see : Eiffel tower (be advised that there's not much else to see in the area...my advice would be to go to Trocadéro to have a nice view, don't know how usefull it is to go under the Eiffel Tower unless you plan on going up), Notre-Dame (avoid eating in Saint-Michel though, if you're in the area go up to Odéon), Montmartre (same thing, a lot of tourist restaurants, but behind the Sacré-Coeur there's a square that is somewhat more authentic). Don't waste your time going to La Défense, Montparnasse, I wouldn't even spend much time on les Champs-Elysées, just go see the Arc de Triomphe and keep it moving, it's only shops really. And FULL of tourists. Louvre area is nice (Rue Rivoli), as well as la Concorde, walking down la Seine (you can walk from Saint-Michel all the way down to Bibliothèque François Mitterand, it's a "newer" area and you can find various bars alongside the river, in two weeks hopefully there's still some good weather).

If you're into arts well obviously Paris is the place to be, Le Louvre is kind of overrated imo (WAAAAAAY too many people and stuff to see), but Centre George Pompidou, Musée d'Orsay, the small Salvador Dali museum, Quai Branly, are worth it.

Also if you're interested there are now tours about the "Black Paris" (Black Paris Walks) where they talk about, well, Black history/presence in Paris. Haven't done it yet but it looks quite interesting.

If you have other questions don't hesitate to ask
i'll be in paris this november. i found this very helpful. thanks and peace :francis:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I never been in one, but after reading about them...I don't know if I can be about that hostel life breh.

Only one bathroom per floor...:whoa:. What if someone has the runs that night lol.
just look for hostels that also have private rooms with private bathrooms. they make you pay a little bit more obviously but it's much better than having to deal with that bathroom sharing shyt

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
@Captain_Crunch

8 days for Paris AND Amsterdam? That's not a lot...

Anyways you could use Airbnb, will lower your costs and you get to meet local people. I only use that when I'm travelling now. Problem with hostels is that you end up with other tourists, but depends what you're looking for.

Did you already take your train ticket ? You can book it online and you might get some good prices. Especially if you travel on odd days like wedneday afternoon or whatever.

In Paris you can already start organizing your stuff here : ratp.fr - Visiting Paris . Public transportation works really well in Paris. I would recommend a five-day pass.

The best area in Paris imo is the North-East (République, Belleville, Ménilmontant, Oberkampf...) that's where are a lot of bars, clubs, restaurants, etc. I would look for accomodation in that area. A couple bars/places to check out : Downtown Café, Alimentation Générale, Bellevilloise. Comptoir général also is nice, but was better a couple years ago. Bar Le Jeune, Paname Café, La Cigale, Badaboum, New Morning...all places you can check out to go out

Things to see : Eiffel tower (be advised that there's not much else to see in the area...my advice would be to go to Trocadéro to have a nice view, don't know how usefull it is to go under the Eiffel Tower unless you plan on going up), Notre-Dame (avoid eating in Saint-Michel though, if you're in the area go up to Odéon), Montmartre (same thing, a lot of tourist restaurants, but behind the Sacré-Coeur there's a square that is somewhat more authentic). Don't waste your time going to La Défense, Montparnasse, I wouldn't even spend much time on les Champs-Elysées, just go see the Arc de Triomphe and keep it moving, it's only shops really. And FULL of tourists. Louvre area is nice (Rue Rivoli), as well as la Concorde, walking down la Seine (you can walk from Saint-Michel all the way down to Bibliothèque François Mitterand, it's a "newer" area and you can find various bars alongside the river, in two weeks hopefully there's still some good weather).

If you're into arts well obviously Paris is the place to be, Le Louvre is kind of overrated imo (WAAAAAAY too many people and stuff to see), but Centre George Pompidou, Musée d'Orsay, the small Salvador Dali museum, Quai Branly, are worth it.

Also if you're interested there are now tours about the "Black Paris" (Black Paris Walks) where they talk about, well, Black history/presence in Paris. Haven't done it yet but it looks quite interesting.

If you have other questions don't hesitate to ask
Billy-D_Approves.gif

breh MAD props for this. I'm taking the eurostar train to Paris for a few days after the Redskins game in london next month and I don't know shyt about paris.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Any of y'all brehs been to South Africa? Tryna head that way in the spring.
Best bet is to come now fam. Winter just passed and it's supposed to be spring but feels like we jumped right into summer. Hot as shyt over here. I'm getting ready to board a flight to come back stateside for a week. Probably cooler there than here

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Any of y'all brehs been to South Africa? Tryna head that way in the spring.

Best bet is to come now fam. Winter just passed and it's supposed to be spring but feels like we jumped right into summer. Hot as shyt over here. I'm getting ready to board a flight to come back stateside for a week. Probably cooler there than here

I'd say if you go btw now and March you should be ok as far as weather. Our spring is their fall so you have to keep that in mind.

I've been there twice, great country for whatever type of vacation you want.

Daps
I'd say if you go btw now and March you should be ok as far as weather. Our spring is their fall so you have to keep that in mind.

I've been there twice, great country for whatever type of vacation you want.
Unfortunately I'm locked into April due to the schedules of some of the folks I'm traveling with. I can deal with colder weather, even if it's not preferred.

Will probably fly in/out of Joburg. I know we want to see Mandela's cell (is it worth it?), so that'll mean a trip to Cape Town, and we'll want to do a safari. Other than that I'm trying to map things out.

I like to experience the nightlife of every place I visit just to get the vibe, too, if y'all have any recommendations.