Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
from the beach in pula, croatia. outlook festival 2016. we play later today in about 5 hours :ehh:

IMG_1335.jpg

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I Just Came Into 2G's That I Wasn't Expecting At All, I Been Looking Alot Into Investing Lately And Thought About Putting The Money Toward That But I'm REALLY fukking Tempted To Put It Toward Another Vacation In March For Me And My Girls Anniversary.

I Have A Pension, A 401K, And A Personal Savings So It's Not Like I Don't Have Any Future Savings So That's Why I'm Tempted To Use It For A Trip. What Do You Brehs Think?

Mind You Growing Up I Never Got To Travel Anywhere. We're Doing Hawaii In November And For Me That's A Big Deal, Was Thinking Maybe Paris Or Italy In March :wow:

Throw Suggestions At Me On Whether I Should Travel Or Invest, And If Travel Suggest Places, I'll Only Have A Weeks Vacation To Use So Keep That In Mind.

What's Also Tempting Me Is We Got A Bunch Of Travel Points That Would Cut Into Air Fare Really Nicely.

I Don't Know What To Do Cause I'm Also Saving Towards A Home And A Extra 2Gs Is A Nice Look.

I Feel Like If I Use It For Travel Im Screwing Up My Priorities.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I live between Padua (my hometown) and Ferrara (where my university is)

Where are you located in France? I've been to Nice, Marseille and the Provence region recently. Very nice trip.
Marseille is dope.

I'm in Paris! Yeah Provence is great, actually never been to Marseille...:snoop:

I work for a french company in the US so my boss is french and he also said something about people in quebec city purposely NOT speaking english even when they see i'm struggling :lupe:

Yeah from what I heard they go the extra mile in the whole french-english conflict in Quebec City, totally different than in Montreal...tbh most people from Québec I've met are yeah less open or whatever, the vibe is totally different in Montreal.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Going to go Europe(Paris and Amsterdam) in about two weeks for 8 days, and I know worst case it'll cost me $2800(flight, food, commuting from airport to room, partying, room cost, etc)

Lodging:
Hostels

Traveling from Paris to Amsterdam will done by train.

I'll be going alone, but starting now I'mma go on dating sites to get girls to show me around, plus the hostels I'll be at should have plenty of other young travelers to hang with.

FYI my passport is valid.
Advice???

@Malta @Azul @Mogwli @mbewane @Skooby

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Going to go Europe(Paris and Amsterdam) in about two weeks for 8 days, and I know worst case it'll cost me $2800(flight, food, commuting from airport to room, partying, room cost, etc)

Lodging:
Hostels

I'll be going alone, but starting now I'mma go on dating sites to get girls to show me around, plus the hostels I'll be at should have plenty of other young travelers to hang with.

Advice???

giphy.gif

I don't know which sites to use to get at Euro chicks, but get these foreign broads to fall in love with you and skate off on em :blessed:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
giphy.gif

I don't know which sites to use to get at Euro chicks, but get these foreign broads to fall in love with you and skate off on em :blessed:

I'm just trying to learn from the legends who left and establish my own place. I feel like a Young Kobe seeing Jordan retire and know it's my time :wow:

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone

Lodging:
Hostels

Advice???
Nice breh. If you are staying in a hostel, that should bring your costs down quite a bit (and you will meet people), how much is to your flight if I may ask?

During the day, take public transportation. Save the Ubers for after 7-8pm/ after the club.

I know people who have used tinder(sp) overseas, but use caution and common sense. If you're a good looking breh you may not even need it

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
@Captain_Crunch

8 days for Paris AND Amsterdam? That's not a lot...

Anyways you could use Airbnb, will lower your costs and you get to meet local people. I only use that when I'm travelling now. Problem with hostels is that you end up with other tourists, but depends what you're looking for.

Did you already take your train ticket ? You can book it online and you might get some good prices. Especially if you travel on odd days like wedneday afternoon or whatever.

In Paris you can already start organizing your stuff here : ratp.fr - Visiting Paris . Public transportation works really well in Paris. I would recommend a five-day pass.

The best area in Paris imo is the North-East (République, Belleville, Ménilmontant, Oberkampf...) that's where are a lot of bars, clubs, restaurants, etc. I would look for accomodation in that area. A couple bars/places to check out : Downtown Café, Alimentation Générale, Bellevilloise. Comptoir général also is nice, but was better a couple years ago. Bar Le Jeune, Paname Café, La Cigale, Badaboum, New Morning...all places you can check out to go out

Things to see : Eiffel tower (be advised that there's not much else to see in the area...my advice would be to go to Trocadéro to have a nice view, don't know how usefull it is to go under the Eiffel Tower unless you plan on going up), Notre-Dame (avoid eating in Saint-Michel though, if you're in the area go up to Odéon), Montmartre (same thing, a lot of tourist restaurants, but behind the Sacré-Coeur there's a square that is somewhat more authentic). Don't waste your time going to La Défense, Montparnasse, I wouldn't even spend much time on les Champs-Elysées, just go see the Arc de Triomphe and keep it moving, it's only shops really. And FULL of tourists. Louvre area is nice (Rue Rivoli), as well as la Concorde, walking down la Seine (you can walk from Saint-Michel all the way down to Bibliothèque François Mitterand, it's a "newer" area and you can find various bars alongside the river, in two weeks hopefully there's still some good weather).

If you're into arts well obviously Paris is the place to be, Le Louvre is kind of overrated imo (WAAAAAAY too many people and stuff to see), but Centre George Pompidou, Musée d'Orsay, the small Salvador Dali museum, Quai Branly, are worth it.

Also if you're interested there are now tours about the "Black Paris" (Black Paris Walks) where they talk about, well, Black history/presence in Paris. Haven't done it yet but it looks quite interesting.

If you have other questions don't hesitate to ask

Professor Mac

Im African not black
Daps
I wonder how I never saw this thread...

Going back to Italy this sunday for a week...kind of thinking about it tbh because it's not that far off from where the earthquake happened :lupe:

Hey I just got back from Argeles Sur Mer in South France and we drove to Spain for 2 days.. BTW( Spain >>> South France)

But anyways I was pushing my girl to go to Italy instead and we 2 affordable options planned (One to Sardinia and one to Naples) when her brother called and told her Italy wasn't nice and they we should go to South France where he lived and he could take us places etc And based on his one suggestion my girlfriend basically forced me to cancel it.. (she bytches A LOT) . It was cool having him show us shyt in Spain but Im still salty I never got to Italy..

Do you have any thought you could share on either Naples or Sardina ( is it worth it? )

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Hey I just got back from Argeles Sur Mer in South France and we drove to Spain for 2 days.. BTW( Spain >>> South France)

But anyways I was pushing my girl to go to Italy instead and we 2 affordable options planned (One to Sardinia and one to Naples) when her brother called and told her Italy wasn't nice and they we should go to South France where he lived and he could take us places etc And based on his one suggestion my girlfriend basically forced me to cancel it.. (she bytches A LOT) . It was cool having him show us shyt in Spain but Im still salty I never got to Italy..

Do you have any thought you could share on either Naples or Sardina ( is it worth it? )

Sorry to hear that, well I'm heavilly biased towards Italy but yeah I guess it's always better to go somewhere with someone who knows the places, and there are far worse places than South France or Spain...but I don't know about her brother saying "Italy isn't nice" lol, sounds like misplaced France-Italy "competition"

TBH I've never been neither to Naples nor Sardegna :francis:

But EVERYONE who has been to Naples tells me it's unique and HAS to be seen at least once. That goes from Italians from other cities to people who have travelled the world. And the region around looks crazy nice as well.

Sardegna from what I hear is extremely nice too, but more on the nature side. Not that much to do, it's really a "relax and chill at the beach" kind of atmosphere I guess.

So def I would say Naples has to be seen, Sardegna depends what you're looking for. Will try to do one or the other next year hopefully :yeshrug:

Professor Mac

Im African not black
Daps

Lodging:
Hostels

Advice???

I've been to both and

1) 8 days isn't nearly enough to see Europe

2) You are more likely to have fun well as save money going to the Mediterranean Coast of Spain.. There is a TON of heat just walking around half if not fully naked females on the beaches there and all very approachable. Plus The whether in Paris and Amsterdam is shyt this time of year and overall people are not as friendly there.. (unless you have money)

But if you feel like you must go just use Tinder and hope for the best.

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I've been to both and

1) 8 days isn't nearly enough to see Europe

2) You are more likely to have fun well as save money going to the Mediterranean Coast of Spain.. There is a TON of heat just walking around half if not fully naked females on the beaches there and all very approachable. Plus The whether in Paris and Amsterdam is shyt this time of year and overall people are not as friendly there.. (unless you have money)

But if you feel like you must go just use Tinder and hope for the best.

It's 28 celsius right now in Paris :blessed: who knows how long it will last though :mjcry:

shyt this thread might make plan a long weekend in Spain or Portugal in October :jbhmm:

Professor Mac

Im African not black
Daps
It's 28 celsius right now in Paris :blessed: who knows how long it will last though :mjcry:

shyt this thread might make plan a long weekend in Spain or Portugal in October :jbhmm:

I've been to Madeira (home of Rolando ) but never mainland Portugal.. It was okay.. but nothing to brag about..

But let me tell you.. Tossa Del Mar and all of the little towns along that Coast in Spain have some of the most beautiful spots I've ever seen.. And it completely affordable...

The women the food the hiking, the scenery, the architecture, the snorkeling, the people/service were all top notch..

South France I had my first racist experience in all of the time and places I've stayed in France.. and Im not one to talk about stuff like the but it was BLATANT and it came from a shop owner and not just some random tourist.. ..I could never in good conscious ever recommend South France as a destination spot... Not just because of that one spot but overall people down there were rude and just very unfriendly .. And since I've gotten back to the North from vacation I've had one French dude from Paris( white) and my barber (Morrocan cat) how overall people in the South France are madd rude and how they never go and vacation there either