Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Taking another trip around the world on my vacation in 10 days. This time stopping in Rio, Cape Town, & Sydney. Im thinking about adding a 4th stop, either Taipei, Taiwan or Auckland, New Zealand. I pick up my Brazil visa next week which is good for 10 years.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I really want to travel for at least a month this summer. Don't know if I'm going to be able to pull it off though.

And do all you guys travel solo? My friends don't seem interested in traveling at all.

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Waiting on my long as flight to Johannesburg from ATL
Got Business Class so the 16hr flight will be somewhat bearable
Took a redeye out of SFO and now Im chilling in the SkyClub till my flight

Originally I was supposed to do Rio then Cape Town then Sydney on my 2 week vacation
but
things changed, i have to come back home 1 day early and I missed my flight to Rio Monday cause I worked the night before and couldnt get up
that said

Im spending the remainder of the week in South Africa then flying to Rio Sunday for 3 nights.
Ill be posting pictures

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Im in Cape Town fam
Ill start posting pics of my journey tonight

oh and fuk South Africas choice of prongs for power. I brought 2 damn universal wall adapters that work everywhere else in the world but here. So now I have 3 lol

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
has anyone flown those chinese state airlines? is it chinese peasant farmers spitting and shytting all over the plane? want to pull the trigger on these flights to malaysia but worried ill be stuck with disgusting people for 14 hrs

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I plan on going to New York around late March/early April (riding the Amtrak straight to Penn Station). It'll only be for a few days. Taking two of my nieces as graduation present since they have been stuck in one mid-western state their whole lives.

I never been there...any tips? I may not even have to leave Manhattan since it seems like a lot of tourist type stuff to do there.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
n
has anyone flown those chinese state airlines? is it chinese peasant farmers spitting and shytting all over the plane? want to pull the trigger on these flights to malaysia but worried ill be stuck with disgusting people for 14 hrs
never mind, just got tickets for $718 with american airlines, it connects in japaan too so maybe ill meet waifu :noah: no stinky chinese farmers on my plane. gonna use some of my travel credits and get it down to $450. LAX to kuala lumpur for under 500 round trip :wow:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I plan on going to New York around late March/early April (riding the Amtrak straight to Penn Station). It'll only be for a few days. Taking two of my nieces as graduation present since they have been stuck in one mid-western state their whole lives.

I never been there...any tips? I may not even have to leave Manhattan since it seems like a lot of tourist type stuff to do there.
@Malta help this man :damn:

I flew back from Rio to the states just in time for a winter storm :mjcry:

I'm dying bruhs :mjcry: I miss my favelinha :ohlawd:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I'd be going to brazil solo, dont have any folk with a visa yet
yea... stay your ass in the downtown city and i hope you know portuguese or at least bring your google translate everywhere you go and prepare to have to show people the screen

if you had friends to go with you, i'd say explore OFF the beaten path... that's where you really gonna find the nightlife, women, brazilian culture to fukk around and have fun at

i went once alone... it wasn't even better than miami

went exactly 6 months later with my boy who has been 5 times already.... maaaaaaaaaaaaan it was like i was in a whole nother brazil i never saw before... i admit i heard the rumors and was shook everytime he said "lets go to _______ part of town for this party" and after 10 mins it'd be all love, drinks, women dancing with us, guys trying to understand us and hang out, people just living life and having a great time

seemed like most were shocked that americans were at the places we were, but showed us much love for being there instead of a tourist trap

keep asking the other brehs in here tho.... they might be better equipped to tell you how to get down on a single person run

also..... if you join a group on facebook called, runway boyz roll call.... it's me and a lot of worldwide travelers... about 20 from rio (women too)... we always talk about places to go and what to do there... join up and ask about rio with the time you're coming... my homegirl, IF YOU AREN'T A fukkING CREEP, is usually down to help tourists around and hook you up with things to do... she's trying to open a business doing it so she needs good references from tourists to start

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
edit*
a quick question for both of you. Hows Sao Paolo
I keep reading that its nightlife is beyond that of Rio and its just a better overall city for tourists

yea... stay your ass in the downtown city and i hope you know portuguese or at least bring your google translate everywhere you go and prepare to have to show people the screen

if you had friends to go with you, i'd say explore OFF the beaten path... that's where you really gonna find the nightlife, women, brazilian culture to fukk around and have fun at

i went once alone... it wasn't even better than miami

went exactly 6 months later with my boy who has been 5 times already.... maaaaaaaaaaaaan it was like i was in a whole nother brazil i never saw before... i admit i heard the rumors and was shook everytime he said "lets go to _______ part of town for this party" and after 10 mins it'd be all love, drinks, women dancing with us, guys trying to understand us and hang out, people just living life and having a great time

seemed like most were shocked that americans were at the places we were, but showed us much love for being there instead of a tourist trap

keep asking the other brehs in here tho.... they might be better equipped to tell you how to get down on a single person run

also..... if you join a group on facebook called, runway boyz roll call.... it's me and a lot of worldwide travelers... about 20 from rio (women too)... we always talk about places to go and what to do there... join up and ask about rio with the time you're coming... my homegirl, IF YOU AREN'T A fukkING CREEP, is usually down to help tourists around and hook you up with things to do... she's trying to open a business doing it so she needs good references from tourists to start
good looking fam, im actually gonna join up right now. the more i think about it, i should bypass rio this time and wait till i have a few people with me. ive got the world at my fingertips this trip and im sparing no expense so now ive just got to figure out where to travel to on sunday.

Honestly breh not sure I'd recommend that.

But if you must go, stay in Zona sul, hit the beach early and daily and be friendly as fukk, like awkward friendly

Most of all, know Portuguese

thx for the advice breh, im gonna end up holding off cause from what i keep hearing, the language barrier is a mofo and i kno no Portuguese.