Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
São Paulo is much more difficult to crack than RJ

you know how med and law students kill themselves studying and then go way too hard with drinking, and if you can't do the same, you're worthless to them?

SP is like that, but 20 million deep

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Just got back from 11 days in Hawaii :ohlawd::whew:

First six nights I stayed on Kauai. Very rural....lots of chickens and roosters (crowing at 5 am:comeon:)....random waterfalls in the middle of jungle....microclimates around the island - jungle type rainy, sunny climate where i stayed....completely dry, 90 degree weather on the other side of the island. Decent beaches and snorkeling, amazing views of cliffs, canyons, etc.

there was a trail behind the fence of the lookout that led down to this waterfall, Wailua Falls. It was a 20 min hike down a steep roped slope. The swimming hole is deep enough to swim in and there's a cave behind the waterfall. There were four dead boars at the bottom of this waterfall.....apparently they ran off the cliff above? Most beautiful part of the Kauai I saw...with the most horrible stench

Waimea Canyon, Kauai

Next five nights were on Maui. I was completely spoiled here....maxed out my Hilton points and stayed at the Grand Wailea resort. They call it "the best resort in the world." It kind of lives up to it....fine art everywhere, best pool/slide area I've seen (10 pools, kiddie beach pool with real sand)....and its on one of the GOAT beaches, Wailea beach. Softest sand, crystal blue waters, snorkeling at your doorstep. and they upgraded me to a Napua Tower Suite...$1200/night.

Last night we accidentally showed up to a full moon party at the nude beach. shyt was :whoo:.....Hawaiians know how to party.

Amazing pictures.... Hawaii is my absolute hands down favorite destination

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Waikiki is still great as I remembered....but they've demolished ALOT of "old school Hawaii" retail and restaurants to clear way for high end malls and hotels.

There used to be this huge flea market with souvenirs, native Hawaiians chipping away wood to make tiki men, cheap asian ethnic food court.... all in the middle of Waikiki

I went looking for it today for this Chinese stirfry spot I used to go to....only to find a guarded construction site :mjcry:

They're building another high end mall with a Saks. The wealthy Japanese tourists run Waikiki and its development. Waikiki is turning into one big Tokyo shopping mall megaplex :to:

Have you been to the flea market at Aloha Stadium?

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Planning a vacation and debating between Jamaica, Hawaii and the Bahamas. Seems like people here are loving Hawaii but I'd love your input.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Have you been to the flea market at Aloha Stadium?

yeah I've been there before. it's on Wednesdays and Saturdays, right?

I like the old Waikiki flea market because it had good cheap ethnic food. there's not many cheap options for food in Waikiki

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I'd be going to brazil solo, dont have any folk with a visa yet

I got you breh....some articles u should check out before you go to Rio

To practice Portuguese with Brazilians
http://www.rioinaweek.com/learn-brazilian-portuguese-with-hellotalk/

How to stay safe in Brazil, especially if you solo...I actually recommend doing Brazil solo one day when u have friends there
http://www.rioinaweek.com/stay-safe-in-brazil/

Why I think Sao Paulo is better than Rio
http://www.rioinaweek.com/sao-paulo-is-better-than-rio/

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I got you breh....some articles u should check out before you go to Rio

To practice Portuguese with Brazilians
Learn Brazilian Portuguese With HelloTalk - Rio In A Week

How to stay safe in Brazil, especially if you solo...I actually recommend doing Brazil solo one day when u have friends there
How To Stay Safe In Brazil - It's Simple - Rio In A Week

Why I think Sao Paulo is better than Rio
São Paulo Is Better Than Rio - Rio In A Week
mBEvspz.png

I shared your site in my FB travel group, you should get some traffic from there

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I plan on going to New York around late March/early April (riding the Amtrak straight to Penn Station). It'll only be for a few days. Taking two of my nieces as graduation present since they have been stuck in one mid-western state their whole lives.

I never been there...any tips? I may not even have to leave Manhattan since it seems like a lot of tourist type stuff to do there.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Taking another trip around the world on my vacation in 10 days. This time stopping in Rio, Cape Town, & Sydney. Im thinking about adding a 4th stop, either Taipei, Taiwan or Auckland, New Zealand. I pick up my Brazil visa next week which is good for 10 years.

Taiwan isn't really worth visiting