Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
I plan on going to New York around late March/early April (riding the Amtrak straight to Penn Station). It'll only be for a few days. Taking two of my nieces as graduation present since they have been stuck in one mid-western state their whole lives.

I never been there...any tips? I may not even have to leave Manhattan since it seems like a lot of tourist type stuff to do there.

Find one or two touristy things to do in the morning and then reserve the afternoon for just walking around and exploring. There's so much to see in NY that just posting up and people watching can be a cool activity. If you want your nieces to see something a little different and open thier eyes you could take them uptown or to chinatown. Maybe take them up to the heights for some Dominican food :ohlawd: If all else fails, at least take one of those double decker tour buses. I've found that when I travel if I just want to see all the touristy things in one shot I'll take a double decker around for a day or half-day.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Find one or two touristy things to do in the morning and then reserve the afternoon for just walking around and exploring. There's so much to see in NY that just posting up and people watching can be a cool activity. If you want your nieces to see something a little different and open thier eyes you could take them uptown or to chinatown. Maybe take them up to the heights for some Dominican food :ohlawd: If all else fails, at least take one of those double decker tour buses. I've found that when I travel if I just want to see all the touristy things in one shot I'll take a double decker around for a day or half-day.
Thanks for the tips! Mornings would probably be better now that I think about it.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So my job got terminated...and I'm fine with it as I was planning on quitting in April (after bonuses) to travel, so now I'm looking at bouncing at the end of the month, I need to decide quick what to do

1) Prague - Budapest - jordan - South Africa - morocco
2) Colombia - Peru - Dominican Republic - Cuba
3) Thailand - Cambodia - Laos - Vietnam

Leaning toward option 1

Daps
Reppin
NYC
So my job got terminated...and I'm fine with it as I was planning on quitting in April (after bonuses) to travel, so now I'm looking at bouncing at the end of the month, I need to decide quick what to do

Leaning toward option 1

What were you doing?

How long are you planning to travel for? Your number 3 is basically what I want to do if I end up taking 3 months off.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
BTW - since this is the travel thread, yall should download the app Been, good way to track where you've been and it kinda challenges you to keep doing more. my goal is 50 by 50 - 50 countries and 50 states by 50 years old, i'm on track to make that before leaving my 30's, but it's fun to have a goal

Last edited:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94

Leaning toward option 1

All 3 look dope to me. #1 concerns me because of the time of year. What is the weather like in Prague and Budapest late February/March?

#1 does have 4 of Trip Advisors top 25 places.

I think any of them would be a trip of a lifetime.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
All 3 look dope to me. #1 concerns me because of the time of year. What is the weather like in Prague and Budapest late February/March?

hmmm, i thought it might be 40's/50's but it looks like it's colder, i might have to readjust my plans lol.

Daps
Reppin
NYC

Prague and Budapest will have shytty weather (fairly cold) this time of the year.