Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

Sir

Pro
Daps
Colombia in 3 days. Hype. Also, never spoke on Italy, but I'll keep it brief...I'm going back in May.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
I don't know how to search within a thread, but has anyone here been to Madrid? Amsterdam? Belgium?

What were your experiences? TIA!

Madrid - very dense, populated city...reminded me of NYC, London. the people aren't as friendly as those in southern Spain. the Prado museum was ok...nightlife was pretty good.

Amsterdam - unique layout, way more canals than I expected. make plans to rent a bike and travel around the city....biking is its own culture there with its own streets and traffic lights. Van Gogh museum is worth checking out.

Belgium - I only spent 24 hours here but I remember seeing lots of rich people and Africans.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Sight see during the day and a good bar at night.

Never been to Costa Del Sol, but I've been to Barcelona twice and love it. Beautiful city with beautiful women. Lots of things to see and do in the day and at night plenty of clubs.

Found my old post on Barcelona.

I'm late to this thread, but if any of you need advice on Barcelona here you go. I'm adding pics because I like to see what someone is talking about.

Things to see.

Sagrada Familia- The line might be long, but it's well worth it. The architecture is so beautiful on the inside and crazy on the outside. Designed by Antoni Gaudi
Spain-Barcelona-Gaudi-Sagrada-Familia6.jpg

Park Guell- This park is a little bit away from the heart of Barcelona, but has a great view of the city. Designed by Antoni Gaudi
park-guell-5.jpg

Casa Mila & Casa Battlo- Both designed by Antoni Guadi. If you like architecture these are awesome to see.

Olympic Park on top of Montjuic- Great view of the city. Lots of historic buildings. Especially if you are old enough to remember the '92 Olympics. At night at the bottom of the hill they do a water show that isn't a must see, but still kind of cool to watch. Lots of people go see it.
8173553_orig.jpg

Walk around Las Ramblas and stop by La Boqueria Market. Grab some food and just explore the shops in the area. The trees in the middle of the picture below are Las Ramblas.
5455245027_3afa79151b.jpg

Checkout Barrio Gothic and the surrounding areas including the Picasso museum.
som-nit-born.jpg

Go to the Barceloneta beach which is a short walk from the main part of Barcelona. It's will be crowded. I was there in early October and the weather was still in the 80's so we spent a lot of time just relaxing. The beaches are topless and as you get closer to the W Hotel which sticks out from everything else there is a nude beach area. Expect mostly to see old naked men and a few old women. There are a lot of little places to eat along the boardwalk which runs the length of the beach.
bamos-a-la-plaja.jpg

Last thing to do is go to Camp Nou and see Barcelona play if you can. If they aren't playing do the tour even if you don't like soccer. I've never done the tour, but was lucky enough to see Barcelona play Real Madrid. I was able to get tickets through the concierge at the hotel I was staying at. Expect to pay more then retail, but it was a bucket list moment for me.

Streetwear store.
24 Kilates

Only restaurant I remember eating at, but it was worth it. I've told other people about it and they've loved it also. Cera 23.
Cera 23, Barcelona - El Raval - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor

Last edited:

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just got back from my euro trip. Really a weird time to visit Paris and Brussels. I wanted to go to the soccer game that day but we got lost on the RER. Then I heard about the attacks. I visited my aunt in St.Denis and a day later they killed some of the co-conspirators there? Then I went to Versailles to visit the chateau. It was closed and guarded heavily. Then I heard gunshots and got outta there. A lot of places were closed from the 12th-16th, so I didn't get to see the inside of any of the places @Idaeo and @beejus recommended :sadcam:

Really interesting trip, definitely not what I was expecting

BTW, I've never experienced so much:mjpls: ever. I went to Berlin as well and I probably got :mjpls: looks from white folks 50 times a day

i felt like that in italy. i really have zero interest in going back to europe. south america is where its at :takedat:

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looking for advice...will be leaving to somewhere in Latin America with my girl for 1-1.5 months while its cold in NYC. Was thinking of leaving mid-late Feb. Was trying to see at least 2 countries. Not planning to stay in a hotel, but considered doing cheap AirBNB and Hostel options. I speak fluent Spanish. She does not and is Japanese, so she probably wouldn't feel comfortable staying in any roach motels. I was considering that it would be a budget trip and was looking at only spending about $3000 total with flights and all. Some names tossed around in my mind Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Chile, and Brazil. What would y'all recommend?

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Never been to Costa Del Sol, but I've been to Barcelona twice and love it. Beautiful city with beautiful women. Lots of things to see and do in the day and at night plenty of clubs.

Found my old post on Barcelona.
Is there one area that I should try to stay in to be close to "the action"

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Is there one area that I should try to stay in to be close to "the action"

I'd say Plaça Catalunya. Pulled this from Wikipedia.

Plaça de Catalunya, meaning in English "Catalonia Square"; sometimes referred to as Plaza de Cataluña, its Spanish name) is a large square in central Barcelona that is generally considered to be both its city centre and the place where the old city (see Barri Gòtic and Raval, in Ciutat Vella) and the 19th century-built Eixample meet.

Some of the city's most important streets and avenues meet at Plaça Catalunya: Passeig de Gràcia, Rambla de Catalunya, La Rambla or Portal de l'Àngel, in addition to Ronda de Sant Pere, Carrer de Vergara or Carrer de Pelai. The plaza occupies an area of about 50,000 square metres. It is especially known for its fountains and statues, its proximity to some of Barcelona's most popular attractions, and for the flocks of pigeons that gather in the centre.

480-placa-catalunya.jpg

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Colombia in 3 days. Hype. Also, never spoke on Italy, but I'll keep it brief...I'm going back in May.

You picked a great time to go. The dollar is ridiculously expenaive out there. (3300 pesos = 1 usd)

Have fun. I love colombia.

• Dap
Reactions: Sir

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
I'd go with Colombia. The dollar goes far. Nice weather.

With a $3000 budget including flights :patrice: right now flights are like $300-350. I suggest you get them now. @El_Mero_Mero

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I'd say Plaça Catalunya. Pulled this from Wikipedia.

Plaça de Catalunya, meaning in English "Catalonia Square"; sometimes referred to as Plaza de Cataluña, its Spanish name) is a large square in central Barcelona that is generally considered to be both its city centre and the place where the old city (see Barri Gòtic and Raval, in Ciutat Vella) and the 19th century-built Eixample meet.

Some of the city's most important streets and avenues meet at Plaça Catalunya: Passeig de Gràcia, Rambla de Catalunya, La Rambla or Portal de l'Àngel, in addition to Ronda de Sant Pere, Carrer de Vergara or Carrer de Pelai. The plaza occupies an area of about 50,000 square metres. It is especially known for its fountains and statues, its proximity to some of Barcelona's most popular attractions, and for the flocks of pigeons that gather in the centre.

480-placa-catalunya.jpg
nySP2Bh.png

AvjxheY.png

I just booked a place a few minutes from there

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much should i be paying for a good Airbnb apartment in copcobana in Rio? Going to rio for the first time in maRch for a week