Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Just got back from our cruise. Thinking about sending a week in Cozumel this spring.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Okay, I'm tired of this El Nino and 35 degree weather in San Francisco. I'm bouncing to the beaches of 95 degree La Libertad, El Salvador tonight. I'll post pics

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
So if we make it to the beaches in El Salvador without getting killed tomorrow then I have to worry about survivng the waves. One of my coworkers whos going with me talked me into surfing, or learning how to. I hear there tides are perfect for surfing. Which means they are shyt for swimming since that means the tides are strong. Pray i dont drown despite me being a decent swimmer.

art_vandelay

Rookie
Daps
I don't know how to search within a thread, but has anyone here been to Madrid? Amsterdam? Belgium?

What were your experiences? TIA!

Madrid - I partially grew up there. It's very busy and pretty much anything you want to find, you can find there. What are your interests?
Amsterdam - I loved this place. Visit the Anne Frank museum definitely. The red light district is, an experience...outside of that it's actually a very beautiful place; there are more bikes than cars it seems, the people are huge and it's just an all around interesting place.
Belgium- Was more of a pass through place for me. I found them to be a bit more social than most northern Europeans. Nice food for the most part.

art_vandelay

Rookie
Daps
Visiting Morocco for the New Years at Royal Mansour in Marrakech. I don't even know the first thing to do there or what's the special thing to buy from the country. They have an assistant for us but I feel like they'll try to get us to add on every little thing.

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
Visiting Morocco for the New Years at Royal Mansour in Marrakech. I don't even know the first thing to do there or what's the special thing to buy from the country. They have an assistant for us but I feel like they'll try to get us to add on every little thing.
I went there this year, visiting Rabat, Fez, Marrakech and Casablanca. Fez was interesting, I visited a carpet market and an old town within Fez, where they have the tanneries (where leather is made). I also visited the marketplace in Marrakech. The market owners while try and overcharge you for items that are clearly cheaper in price so prepare to use negotiation skills, especially if they know you are from the US. Casablanca was beautiful.

The fresh mint tea.
lawd.png

I

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
So if we make it to the beaches in El Salvador without getting killed tomorrow then I have to worry about survivng the waves. One of my coworkers whos going with me talked me into surfing, or learning how to. I hear there tides are perfect for surfing. Which means they are shyt for swimming since that means the tides are strong. Pray i dont drown despite me being a decent swimmer.
el salvador and honduras seem so beautiful man :to: they'd pull in so much tourism money if they sorted out their hoodrat problem word to my creh @gragra

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Missed my flight brehs:snoop:

So I'm here at LAX, next flight out isn't till 1am. One of my folk is meeting me here for that flight. Was gonna rent a car and drive around LA but I'd be damned if I miss another flight. So I'm chilling here in the Skyclub kicking back
IMG_20151229_064915_zps2p06eoqt.jpg

art_vandelay

Rookie
Daps
I went there this year, visiting Rabat, Fez, Marrakech and Casablanca. Fez was interesting, I visited a carpet market and an old town within Fez, where they have the tanneries (where leather is made). I also visited the marketplace in Marrakech. The market owners while try and overcharge you for items that are clearly cheaper in price so prepare to use negotiation skills, especially if they know you are from the US. Casablanca was beautiful.

The fresh mint tea.
lawd.png

I
I love Arabic bazaars, they're so hectic and colorful. We have a cooking class scheduled and I really hope we get to taste some of that tea. Did you eat anything at Djemma? If so, was it any good?

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
I love Arabic bazaars, they're so hectic and colorful. We have a cooking class scheduled and I really hope we get to taste some of that tea. Did you eat anything at Djemma? If so, was it any good?
TBH I don't remember any of the places where we ate, even at the Marketplace. We usually just chose random places or places where the menu looked interesting. The food did take some getting used to, but I enjoyed it for the most part. Lots of fresh orange juice but I mostly drank the tea. Many places serve olives as appetizers, and/or bread with sauce. We went to this burger type place and I ordered a hot dog, since we were in a rush. What I got was a sandwich with cut up hot dog and full of olives. Overall, I think you'll enjoy your time there.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has anyone flown to Asia using china eastern? Wondering how shyt they are

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Spent New Years in Guatemala brehs. I gotta stop Snapchatting all my pics cause I keep forgetting to save them

Driving from the airport to Antigua. Guatemala City is smoggy as shyt. Makes LA's air look clean. The most polluted city ive been in

Antigua was really amazing. An old spanish town with its original building and roads. Felt like I was in ancient pompeii staring at that damn volcano. Shyt was actually kinda scary.
IMG_20151230_084250_zps0wj78ojr.jpg