Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I know there will still be comedy in it but I think itll be more like ready or not, which wasn't meta at all. it was just a horror comedy but more black humor. I think if you take Scream in that direction, less commenting on the genre and just existing as its own thing, that would go a long way
What does the term “meta-horror” mean?

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I started watching it last night before bed, but I knew I wasn’t going to sleep if I kept watching. I’m finishing the second half now during the day
and it’s still scary asf :damn::damn:
They picked the absolute wrong time to not pick up the phone.
:francis::mjlol:
@The Hierophant im mad that you didn’t tell me this shyt is one for the books - this makes color of space look like child’s play
:lupe:
@BlackXCL i saw your comment- you watched this too? @Lord_nikon @MartyMcFly if you haven’t seen this, you HAVE to check this out - I put this right up there with Host, Dr. Sleep in terms of ominous dread and fear factor.
:whew:
I didn’t want to read through all
Of your comments until
I finished watching the entire movie.
The color out of space unnerved me more with the body horror. Dark and Wicked was more atmospheric tension and an ending I didn't like.:francis:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What does the term “meta-horror” mean?
Meta is when something comments on itself or a larger world. It’s self referential.

Scream features characters who all know the tropes of horror movies and do their best to not act like they’re in a movie all while commenting on movies. That scene where Randy explains the rules? That’s a great example of meta.

That’s basically scream’s call to fame and what made it different from the rest in 96. It was a horror movie about horror movies where all the kids watched horror movies and knew the “rules.” Since then we’ve gotten a flurry of them and even a few before. But scream was and still is the king of meta horror.

Tucker and Dale vs evil
Behind the mask
Cabin in the woods
Shaun of the dead
New nightmare
Zombieland

all examples of meta horror

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
You are not saying shyt!!! Dafuqqqqq??? What’s the point of bringing her back to kill her Jada style in the opening credits,
:dahell::mjtf:

Sydney IS Scream and Scream is Sydney - one cannot exist in concert without the other. Then it’s not a Scream movie without Sydney, it’s just a regular slasher movie.
:what:
All of that is why killing Sid in the opening would be the most surprising thing they could do for Scream 5.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Don't get mad at me. The guy writing the script said they weren't doing the meta stuff in Scream 5 so what else could they do but make a straight horror movie?

He's producing this time. BUT he is the creator so he can kinda do whatever the fukk he wants to do

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He's producing this time. BUT he is the creator so he can kinda do whatever the fukk he wants to do
Williamson isn't writing the script? I figured he'd want to be the one who wrote the script to potentially bring the franchise back to prominence.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Williamson isn't writing the script? I figured he'd want to be the one who wrote the script to potentially bring the franchise back to prominence.

Nah it's James Vanderbilt and one of the writers of Ready or Not. Since he's producing im sure he's had a hand in guiding it

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The color out of space unnerved me more with the body horror. Dark and Wicked was more atmospheric tension and an ending I didn't like.:francis:
I disagree. Dark and the Wicked was much scarier, darker and ominous. Color Out of Space - it didn’t impact me as much as this. It was good but this was more shock horror throughout. But you like Lovecraftian and COS had a visible monster with that blob thing so I can see why you like that over this. COS was more visual - that purple pink background hue through the whole movie was kind of distracting imo. DAW was exactly what I like most - dark, depths of despair, psychological, paranoia-paranormal, evil entity haunted unknown presences. The ending added to the tone of the movie for me. The lingering doubt and doom with the mental manipulation which spiraled
—-
On that note,
Kind of what I plan to do to @Jello Biafra if he keeps expressing his obvious bias talking about Sydney being killed off in Scream
:ld:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Don't get mad at me. The guy writing the script said they weren't doing the meta stuff in Scream 5 so what else could they do but make a straight horror movie?
I have a vision for this Scream reprisal - Scream goes virtual but keep the same characters. The premise would be all of them (Sydney, Gail, Dewey etc ) in the same chat group. And instead of targeting them - the Scream killer targets their friends or family through their online connections (6 degrees of separation) - like a Scream version of Unfriended. But it’s actually a teenage -young adult psycho copycat killer. Which would allow for the younger generation to get in while being inclusive of the original cast. One day they get the same message notification - “What’s your favorite scary movie??” And havoc ensues.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All of that is why killing Sid in the opening would be the most surprising thing they could do for Scream 5.
The average Scream fan would be mad asf if that happened. No one wants to wait 15 yrs to see the main and favorite character get killed off. That’s like killing Jamie Lee Curtis off from Halloween like they did that one Halloween movie in the beginning of the scene and it essentially killed the entire franchise until it was revived in 2007.