Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

That looks like it will be pretty good. Have to make sure to check that out this weekend.
tenor.gif

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It’s official!!

learned today that director Mike P. Nelson‘s (The Domestics) new take on the Wrong Turn franchise has been acquired by Saban Films. The film, being billed as a reboot, doesn’t yet have a release date at this time.

Wrong Turn is a much-anticipated reboot that will not disappoint,” said Saban’s Bill Bromiley in a statement shared by Varietytoday. The previous title was Wrong Turn: The Foundation.

The new twist to the long-running franchise will bring a group of unlucky friends to Harpers Ferry, West Virginia to spend a couple days hiking the Appalachian Trail. In this one, they are confronted by “The Foundation”, a community of people who have lived in the mountains since before the Civil War – oh, and they don’t take well to strangers.

Wrong Turn is rated “R” for “Strong bloody violence, grisly images and pervasive language.”

We’ve been able to confirm the full cast that’s now listed on IMDb, which includes Matthew Modine (“Stranger Things”, 47 Meters Down), Damian Maffei (The Strangers: Prey at Night, Haunt), Bill Sage (“Hap and Leonard”), Emma Dumont (“The Gifted”), Valerie Jane Parker (“Greenleaf”), Chaney Morrow (Haunt) and David Hutchinson (“American Horror Story”).

Dylan McTee, Adrian Favela, Adain Bradley, Jeremy Ambler, Cory Scott Allen, Gary Ray Stearns, Rhyan Elizabeth Hanavan, Vardaan Arora, Mark Mench, Joshua Stephen Campbell, Jennie Malone, Brian James Fitzpatrick and Mark Angel also star.

Alan B. McElroy, the writer of the original film, wrote the new movie’s script.

MOVIES
Saban Films Acquires ‘Wrong Turn’ Reboot for North American Release

I have been seeing Saban Films popping up in a lot of news about upcoming horror movies lately. Its like they are moving past The Power Rangers and trying to come for Blumhouse's spot in the horror field.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

This movie was absolutely fantastic. A standout from everything that I've watched this year.

Fam, keep your eyes out for this one Anything for Jackson

Anything for Jackson (2020) - IMDb

The synopsis is perfect fam. The main characters come across as a nice old couple that just gets in over their heads. The haunts are all practical effects done really, really well. This could easily slip into more comedy than horror territory, but it doesn't. The ghosts and the events surrounding this are treated with gravity and as the couple loses control, things escalate accordingly.

What I especially liked is that there are really touching moments that make you feel for characters or at least understand them more and then it catches you completely off guard with a sudden jolt for a scare. It's not jump scares, it's juxtaposing moments where the characters are really vulnerable with moments where they're under high stress.

It's got really good scares; great ghost/apparition designs; and a cast that somehow manages to make you empathize with them even while they do something so dark.

Anything For Jackson and The Night were the biggest standouts for me from the Nightstream horror festival.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I have been seeing Saban Films popping up in a lot of news about upcoming horror movies lately. Its like they are moving past The Power Rangers and trying to come for Blumhouse's spot in the horror field.
Slow your roll - they have a long way to go before they can claim Blumhouse’s spot. Dont get too eager that you gas them up before they consistently deliver the product.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Saban Films has a few upcoming horror movies and in comes @Jello “The Bias” Biafra ready to hand them over the horror award Oscar when Blumhouse has been putting up consistent content for like the past decade.

Every Horror Movie Franchise Created By Blumhouse (So Far)
For about a decade now, Blumhouse Productions has been a major player in the horror movie scene, creating multiple franchises along the way

Every Horror Movie Franchise Created By Blumhouse (So Far)

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
You’re welcome. That movie was great, glad you liked it. That’s one I’m definitely putting on the rewatch list - very original, enough humor to break the tension without being corny or overdone. Good action scenes and storyline. One of those “we are our own worst enemy” Elements
Word, and it's really a rich vs poor kinda thing. And then why did the Jin Yong the Tiger Knight leader looked like a Korean Gincarlo Espisito

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This movie was absolutely fantastic. A standout from everything that I've watched this year.

Anything For Jackson and The Night were the biggest standouts for me from the Nightstream horror festival.
It looks really interesting from the trailer. Do You get special access to go to the horror film festivals??

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It looks really interesting from the trailer. Do You get special access to go to the horror film festivals??

They did a deal for 5 screenings and some other participation stuff (Q&A's with directors and I missed a virtual tarot reader thing) for 60 bones. With all the horror delays on the big ones this year, it felt like a steal.