Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I’ll do my take on him and the first two movies a little later today. But on this watch I finally got what makes Hellraiser so good. After the rewatches I wanted to find out about Barker. And come to find out this man also created the story to Candyman. :ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh: This man is a fukking legend.

seems like he has a lot of popular novels that I have to check out.

kind of grimy how he doesn’t get mentioned up there from casuals like they do with Stephen King
I think Clive Barker being so quintessentially British is the one stumbling block from him getting his props in this country in the same way a Stephen King does.
Barker's an "other" while King is "one of us".

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
1. Color out of Space - 9
2. Host - 8
3. Green Room - 7
4. Sleepaway Camp - 9
5. Silent Hill - 6
6. Child's Play 2 - 8
7. Creep - 7
8. Hubie Halloween - 5.5
9. Bride of Chucky - 9
10. Curse of Chuck - 9.5
11. Cult of Chucky - 9.5
12. Child's Play - 7
13. Phantasm - 7.5
14. Scream 4 - 7
15. Psycho - 10
16. Halloween - 10
17. Black Christmas OG - 10
18. Haunting of Bly Manor - 8
19. Beetlejuice - 10
I have to commend your dedication to updating your list.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think Cult >>> Zombies if we're doing political commentary on the current MAGA Trump thing. Although I'd be all for making a horror comedy where the president is a zombie and his administration and supporters refuse to acknowledge it (while more and more are zombies as time goes on). You'd have to rework how Zombie behavior works a bit but I think it could be a really funny allegory for how these fools acted around COVID.

I also think the Sawyers could be reimagined in a way that turns Texas Chainsaw Massacre into an allegory about ICE and how it treated refugees during this span. Leatherface feels like a fitting face of horror to fit allegories about people's crappy views built on skin and I'd be lying if I said I haven't toyed with the idea a few times in simple outlines.
There was a sci-fi/political satire TV series from Robert and Michelle King (the folks behind The Good Fight and Evil) called BrainDead that aired on CBS a couple years ago that was a bit of what you are talking about. Aliens took over Washington DC politicians and all they did was eat brains and ensure gridlock. It was pretty cool.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Have the house that the people end up hiding in be a microcosm of our current hyper-polarized socio-political quagmire.
A couple Trumper's, a few wokey wokes, toss in a Karen or two...just make it as uncomfortable as possible and then add zombies.
Watching the movie last night the creepiest scenes was the end, with the racism visuals. Was well done but also infuriating.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That's some bullshyt.
I still would watch The Great Pumpkin on network TV every year with commercials and all just for the nostalgia factor alone.
:mjcry:
Imma download The Great Pumpkin and watch it on my PLex just as a fukk you to Apple.
:myman:
cDlp02j.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I have reconciled with the idea that I won't be in a movie theater watching any of the stuff I have been wanting to see until sometime in mid-2022.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974 Reboot is coming out in 2021 - I'll be there. Renting out the whole theater for me and my friends, only, vip viewing event.
Reconcile that.
:umad::umad:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Included in this compilation are Antlers, A Quiet Place 2, Train to Busan 2: Peninsula, Saw: Spiral, Antebellum, X-Men: The New Mutants, Fantasy Island, The Woman in the Window, No Escape, The Grudge, The Woman in the Window, Brahms: The Boy 2, The Mortuary Collection, The Craft: Legacy, The Wretched, Deep Blue Sea 3 and The Beach House.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Not even surprised. I have accepted the fact that nothing is coming out until the later part of next year. We are stuck in this abyss for the duration.
:unimpressed::mjcry:
I have reconciled with the idea that I won't be in a movie theater watching any of the stuff I have been wanting to see until sometime in mid-2022.

It is what it is lol. That's the world we're in right now. Jason Blum says halloween is not getting pushed back again though.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I bet that comes out on VOD or some streaming service instead of theaters.
:mjtf:Not. There is a major reboot of the 1974 franchise, this will be scheduled for wide release. They'll push back the release date if anything, like they did with all the other big name horror franchise reboots.